Here Are All the Confirmed Games for the Nintendo Switch with Trailers

JenSeven

Crazy person! Avoid!
Oct 19, 2010
Steve the Pocket said:
JenSeven said:
Steve the Pocket said:
That... makes no sense? There's no reason why the system can't be designed to accommodate either resolution and switch between them depending on whether it's docked or not. Just like how you can make a laptop output at a higher resolution than its own screen when you plug a monitor in.
It mostly depends on the hardware scaler that is built in. But, as we know, the lowest resolution that the games need to run on is tied to the resolution of the screen, which is 720p. So, the games need to be made to natively have that 720p resolution. Any upscaling is all due to the hardware scaler that needs to be built in, but that is all that it's going to be, an upscaled version of the native 720p resolution.
Games can also be designed to run at multiple resolutions natively and switch between them. Or haven't you ever played a PC game in your life?
Obviously, you haven't played as many as I have, otherwise you would know a little something as Default Settings, which will run the game at its native resolution, as a game logically can only have one native resolution. To best explain it, all other resolutions at which a PC game can run are more or less emulated from that native resolution. PC games have different settings and set-ups coded in, also to account for all the different video cards and other peculiarities of the personal computers out there. A console has one basic set-up, and that's it.
That makes them a lot easier to code for, as you have one universal set-up. Also the reason why so many console ports are total shit, because you need to add in all the different codes for all the different set-ups people can have.

Canadamus Prime

Robot in Disguise
Jun 17, 2009
Wait... so Mario Odyssey isn't a launch title? Well in that case there's no hurry for me to rush out and buy a Switch then. Way to go Nintendo.

SixWingedAsura

Sep 27, 2010
Why do people who hate Nintendo always insist on commenting on Nintendo's releases? Do they think we'll suddenly wake up and go, "Oh my god, I can't see the pores on everyone's faces! You were right, everything Nintendo releases IS shit!"

Good god, the friggin' resolution is everyone's biggest complaint, and here I am admiring how beautiful the new LoZ looks. Infinitely better than Skyward Sword and the brown and bloom mess that was Twilight Princess.

JohnnyDelRay

Jul 29, 2010
Just got myself an XBONE, so I'm in no hurry, but it does look promising as a console and launch lineup. I'm still hanging out for:

1) port of Bayonetta 2
2) a new Mario Kart
3) Mario Odyssey reviews
4) new Animal Crossing (probly not that soon, given the massive 3DS update recently)

Then I'll be sold. It's an ok launch I guess, going on their strengths and hype with the LoZ and Splatoon 2, but I'll be waiting a bit longer 'till I drop my cash on it. Probably be sold out at launch anyway with the ridiculous production habits of Nintendo.

[Edit: typos]