Here, Have a Playable Angry Birds Birthday Cake, Son

Scott Bullock

Nov 11, 2010
Here, Have a Playable Angry Birds Birthday Cake, Son

A six-year-old boy with the coolest dad ever wants to have his cake and play it too.

It's astounding just how pervasive Angry Birds has gotten in the year since its release. The game has been ported to nearly every platform there is, inundated the toy market with plushy birds, and is even invading the movie scene. But I think I speak for everybody when I say that nobody believed it would actually be ported that most exclusive of platforms: delicious cake.

Mike Cooper of ElectricPig [http://www.electricpig.co.uk/] has a family tradition of creating extravagant and over-the-top birthday cakes for his son, Ben, who was turning 6. Aware of his son's appreciation of the addictive game, he constructed a full Angry Birds level of baked goods and chocolate, including icing-coated birds, chocolate supports, and squashable green piggies.

While I'm not sure Ben managed to 3-star the level (I'm fairly certain there are now several colorful splotches on the kitchen walls), I'm pretty positive that it was the tastiest failure of his life.

Source: CVG [http://www.computerandvideogames.com/290024/news/man-makes-playable-angry-birds-cake/?cid=OTC-RSS&attr=CVG-News-RSS]

Quiet Stranger

Feb 4, 2006
This is by far the coolest cake I've seen in a long time, what did the dad make the pigs and birds out of?

Femaref

May 4, 2008
Quiet Stranger said:
This is by far the coolest cake I've seen in a long time, what did the dad make the pigs and birds out of?
colored marzipan I'd guess.

justnotcricket

Echappe, retire, sous sus PANIC!
Apr 24, 2008
That is awesome =)

My mum and dad used to make those sort of birthday cakes for me and my sister, and they were epic. I hope to do the same for my kids some day.

I also love the adorable little smug 'Oh yeah, it's my brithday, bitches!' expression Ben has at the very end of the video. So cute! Almost as cute as his haircut. Or rather lack of one =)

Buizel91

Autobot
Aug 25, 2008
This is by far the best Birthday cake i have seen in my entire life.

Wonder what other cakes he will get in the future...

s0meNo0b

Feb 21, 2011
Wow, that looks fun and delicious.

Also, seeing the pigs and birds made me "D'aww"

DuplicateValue

Jun 25, 2009
That's so cool. :D

I love the utter fakeness in the enthusiasm of whoever's holding the camera while the boy is playing.

Mr.Pandah

Pandah Extremist
Jul 20, 2008
I don't even play the game and I know just how awesome this cake is.

Well this Dad sure did take...
*Puts on Sunglasses*
The Cake.

YEAHHHHHHHHHHHH

MrGalactus

Elite Member
Sep 18, 2010
My dad made me a playable Gears of War cake. Man, you shoulda seen the kitchen afterwards.

icyneesan

Feb 28, 2010
Its not a ice cream cake so 95% of people I know don't care. Granted it still looks cool.

Prof. Monkeypox

Mar 17, 2010
Aww, that's so sweet. I only hope the kid really understands the level of effort his parents are putting into all of this. That is one dedicated parent.