Here There Be Dragons!

Greg Tito

PR for Dungeons & Dragons
Sep 29, 2005
Here There Be Dragons!

The Dragon Collector's Set of miniatures will breathe fire/ice/poison into your soul.

Whether you like to play tabletop role-playing games with miniatures on a grid or prefer to collectively imagine battle scenes with your group as described by the game master, most fantasy gaming fans enjoy looking at physical representations of the iconic winged beasts that make up half the name of Dungeons & Dragons. Wizard of the Coast produces some excellent sculpted plastic minis, and the Dragon Collector's set is no exception. These five chromatic dragons - red, black, white, green, blue - are finely detailed down to the last wing, tooth and claw.

[gallery=537]

The set comes will be available in your local gaming store on November 4th this year and will set you back $45. If you are playing in a dragon-centric campaign, or if you just like how five awesome plastic dragons will look in your cubicle, I highly recommend picking this attractive package up to frighten players and co-workers alike.

Careful D&D minis collectors will notice that three of these designs ware recycled from previous products, but two brand new sculpts of dragons is still awesome and never before was it possible to get a full set in one fell swoop. And as Meatloaf said, two out of five ain't bad.

Or was that three? Anyway, these dragons are so vicious that they escaped our clutches, traveled through time, and ravished the European countryside in The Escapist's ongoing game of Napoleon in Europe. It seems that none of the powers in Europe paid heed to the deeds of Aegon the Conqueror in ASOIAF and realized these beasts can destroy any infantry, cavalry or even cannons that humans can muster.

[gallery=538]

Let this be a cautionary tale to any would-be monarch, dragons trump all.

Danzavare

Oct 17, 2010
Dammit Escapist, you can't fool me, you're all trying to destroy my budget by getting me into this wonderful - I mean terrible game!

Damn I want those dragons.

CAPTCHA

Mushroom Camper
Sep 30, 2009
They're pretty ugly looking. McFarlane Dragons are much nicer to look at.

Danzavare

Oct 17, 2010
DVS BSTrD said:
Unleashing dragons on an unsuspecting board game. Talk about cold blooded
Danzavare said:
Dammit Escapist, you can't fool me, you're all trying to destroy my budget by getting me into this wonderful - I mean terrible game!

Damn I want those dragons.
They'll burn a hole in your pocket
Haha~! The more I eye them, the more I want them. The worst part is, my partner loves dragons, these D&D pieces function as a good piece of bribery too!

I need to find out more about D&D, specifically the player minimum, how much I'll need to buy and how much will it cost.

EHKOS

Madness to my Methods
Feb 28, 2010
I came in here thinking Skyrim. I am disappoint. IT'S SO HARD NOT TO WATCH THE STREAMS!

thenumberthirteen

Unlucky for some
Dec 19, 2007
You should most definitely incorporate Dragons into your Napoleon in Europe campaign. Sort of like Reign of Fire where the British find Dragons buried in London.

GeorgW

ALL GLORY TO ME!
Aug 27, 2010
I look forward to the next podcast where you tell us the end of days of the Napoleon in Europe campaign at the hands of dragons.
OT: They look kinda cool, but I don't really care for DnD, so...

Atmos Duality

Mar 3, 2010
Hmmm....dragons...
Pretty good quality, but I've seen better at local shows.
Granted, those were individual pieces which I can't afford. This might be more in my range.

Of course, my little lair has nowhere to display these beauties..

vxicepickxv

Slayer of Bothan Spies
Sep 28, 2008
I think I've seen those figures before.

It looks like the Blue Dragon is a reprint.

D&D miniatures is the source for it.

It seems to have an MSRP of 39.99 and isn't the only collectors set for D&D available. There's also a Beholder set available, same price, but you only get 4 of those.

UrieHusky

Sep 16, 2011
I usually fall in love with dragons at first sight but... ew... O_O those..yeah no... wow..
I'll pass thanks ^_^

Falseprophet

Jan 13, 2009
You guys are doing a wargame of the Temeraire books? (They're basically the Napoleonic Wars with dragons.) That is all kinds of awesome.

Valdimarr Ravenkin

Apr 7, 2011
The old metal figures had a much better detail to them. Mind you I could never paint them and the newer ones are easier to have, but still makes me long for the old days :p

Smiles

Mar 7, 2008
vxicepickxv said:
I think I've seen those figures before.

It looks like the Blue Dragon is a reprint.

D&D miniatures is the source for it.

It seems to have an MSRP of 39.99 and isn't the only collectors set for D&D available. There's also a Beholder set available, same price, but you only get 4 of those.
yeah its deffinately a re-print, since I already own over half those dragons. The black and white are reprints too, can't speak for the green or red, I only own the huge red not large...

OT: I love dragons :)