Here's The First Picture of The Han Solo Movie Team

Hawki

Elite Member
Legacy
Mar 4, 2014
Country
Australia
Am I the only one reasonably optimistic for this? I mean, even if it's average, I'm counting on it to at least be fun.

Remus said:
Khaleesi? So the dragon queen is now a part of Star Wars canon. I dunno how I feel about this. Hope it's better than her turn as Sarah Connor.
Probably in a minority, but I thought she did quite well as Sarah.

I'll put it this way - if Linda Hamilton portrayed "Sarah 1.0" in T1, and "Sarah 2.0" in T2, then I thought Clarke did a good job of "Sarah 1.5" in Genisys, acting as a middle ground of sorts between the two takes.

At the least, she did better than Lena Headey as Sarah Connor, so there is that.

Casual Shinji said:
So what the hell is Han Solo's arc going to be in this movie!? Seeing as he starts the first Star Wars off as a jerk who's only in it for number one.
Maybe the arc is getting him to that point? Or, maybe he doesn't have a character arc. You can tell a good story with a static character at times.

Ezekiel said:
Nobody gives a shit about the EU.
A sizable portion of the fanbase would disagree there. As in, people who boycotted the new films and errected a highway billboard to demand the EU's return level of caring.
Czann said:
Time to think like a SJW: there is only a token alien and a token black dude. All others are white human people!
Well, that did kind of bug me in Rogue One, that for all the Rebellion's talk of defying the Empire, it's still mostly the "humans only club."

Casual Shinji

Should've gone before we left.
Legacy
Jul 18, 2009
Hawki said:
Casual Shinji said:
So what the hell is Han Solo's arc going to be in this movie!? Seeing as he starts the first Star Wars off as a jerk who's only in it for number one.
Maybe the arc is getting him to that point? Or, maybe he doesn't have a character arc. You can tell a good story with a static character at times.
Yeah, but not with Han Solo.

See, I'm predicting this movie will show us Han Solo as a cocky jerk who through interaction with some other person (probably Emilia Clarke) learns some humility and that the universe revolves around more than just money. Which then makes it a retread of his character arc in the original movies.

Samtemdo8_v1legacy

Aug 2, 2015
Ezekiel said:
Samtemdo8 said:
Ezekiel said:
Samtemdo8 said:
Ezekiel said:
Samtemdo8 said:
Ezekiel said:
Pointless. The first (live action) Star Wars movie of my age I'm not seeing in the cinema.
Kenbo Slice said:
Samtemdo8 said:
Will he fire his gun first this time?

But not seeing it because I don't give 2 shits about Han Solo, he's the Batman of Star Wars at this point.
What? No he's not.
Yeah, that's Vader. He had an entire saga made about him. Funny thing is that Samtemdo actually wants a Darth Vader movie.

Edit: Oh, he's probably talking about the expanded universe. Nobody gives a shit about the EU. The films certainly don't have to concern themselves with it.
Yes provided its done right. i don't wanna deal with Jokey charcaters like Han Solo, I wanna deal with characters that gets shit done like Darth Vader.
Vader's story has already been told. I'm sick of the movies glorifying him, making him bigger than he was ever meant to be. There are many dark side force users to make movies about. James Earl Jones can't even do the voice properly anymore.
Alright than re-introduce the character of Darth Plagueis, the Emperor's former master:

Why?
Cuz he's an interesting charcater, heck the whole Darth Bane line of Sith are very interesting charcaters.

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Order_of_the_Sith_Lords
"Darth Sidious returns to life in a body cloned from his own genetic code."

"As Sidious concentrated his full attention on destroying the New Republic and Luke Skywalker's new Jedi Order..."

This is retarded.

I don't like the Rule of Two. It ensures the destruction of the Sith and prevents them from openly engaging the Jedi. I prefer the Sith to be an organization, like the Jedi or the Knights of Ren.

Good on Disney for moving forward with their own story.
The last time the Sith tried to destroy the Jedi as a whole Organization, they failed, hence why the Rule of Two existed in the first place.

Samtemdo8_v1legacy

Aug 2, 2015
Ezekiel said:
Samtemdo8 said:
Ezekiel said:
Samtemdo8 said:
Ezekiel said:
Samtemdo8 said:
Ezekiel said:
Samtemdo8 said:
Ezekiel said:
Pointless. The first (live action) Star Wars movie of my age I'm not seeing in the cinema.
Kenbo Slice said:
Samtemdo8 said:
Will he fire his gun first this time?

But not seeing it because I don't give 2 shits about Han Solo, he's the Batman of Star Wars at this point.
What? No he's not.
Yeah, that's Vader. He had an entire saga made about him. Funny thing is that Samtemdo actually wants a Darth Vader movie.

Edit: Oh, he's probably talking about the expanded universe. Nobody gives a shit about the EU. The films certainly don't have to concern themselves with it.
Yes provided its done right. i don't wanna deal with Jokey charcaters like Han Solo, I wanna deal with characters that gets shit done like Darth Vader.
Vader's story has already been told. I'm sick of the movies glorifying him, making him bigger than he was ever meant to be. There are many dark side force users to make movies about. James Earl Jones can't even do the voice properly anymore.
Alright than re-introduce the character of Darth Plagueis, the Emperor's former master:

Why?
Cuz he's an interesting charcater, heck the whole Darth Bane line of Sith are very interesting charcaters.

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Order_of_the_Sith_Lords
"Darth Sidious returns to life in a body cloned from his own genetic code."

"As Sidious concentrated his full attention on destroying the New Republic and Luke Skywalker's new Jedi Order..."

This is retarded.

I don't like the Rule of Two. It ensures the destruction of the Sith and prevents them from openly engaging the Jedi. I prefer the Sith to be an organization, like the Jedi or the Knights of Ren.

The last time the Sith tried to destroy the Jedi as a whole Organization, they failed, hence why the Rule of Two existed in the first place.
Yeah, but that's a dumb EU explanation. Realistically, a group of Sith would have better luck. If they were worried about being defeated in one fell swoop, they would work in clandestine cells. The other explanation I read, about the Sith being able to concentrate their power if there are fewer of them, is pretty dumb too. The force isn't a cake that that you cut up into pieces for all your friends. Thank god, or I guess Lucas, that the movies never explained it.
But to the original point, I also would not mind a movie about Star Fighter Pilots like the X-Win/Tie Fighter games. Anything that does not involve the Force and Jedis, and no Rogue One barely qualifies.

It needs to be all about Spaceship Battles between Fighters and Warships:

http://vignette4.wikia.nocookie.net/althistory/images/2/20/Space-Battle.jpg/revision/latest?cb=20131003232440

Hawki

Elite Member
Legacy
Mar 4, 2014
Country
Australia
Ezekiel said:
That's far too generous a term for what Disney's done so far.

I've grown more forgiving of TFA over the last two years, but let's be honest about what it is - it's a rehash of past storylines, that sets up a new status quo (Republic vs. First Order), that seems intent on reverting it to Not!Rebellion (the Resistance) vs. Not!Empire.

I wasn't a great conissuer of the EU, but it at least moved the story forward and introduced new elements.