Here's The First Thor - Ragnarok Teaser Trailer

Marter

Elite Member
Legacy
Oct 27, 2009
Here's The First Thor - Ragnarok Teaser Trailer

Thor goes Gladiator in the first Ragnarok trailer.

<youtube=v7MGUNV8MxU>

The Thor: Ragnarok marketing machine continues to hype up the movie, and today it gave us our first look at some footage - not just still photos [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/169756-Heres-Your-First-Look-at-Thor-Ragnarok] - in the teaser trailer.

In it, we learn that Hela (Jeff Goldblum [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/tag/view/cate+blanchett]'s Grandmaster, who imprisons him in a fight-to-the-death-style arena. Is he fighting for his freedom? Well, probably - that's how these things work, after all.

The trailer doesn't tell us a whole lot more - it's got a few out-of-context shots of various characters thrown in that fans can speculate about - and that's a good thing. A trailer like this hypes audiences up and doesn't reveal anything too spoiler-y.

Directed by Taika Waititi [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/tag/view/taika+waititi], Thor: Ragnarok is scheduled to hit theaters on November 3, 2017.

[gallery=7179]

Makabriel

May 13, 2013
Ooo Ooo. Can I be the first to list all the flaws? I want to be cool.

Looks awesome, though. I laughed out loud in a perfectly quiet room at work when he met Hulk. People looked at me weird.

SirSullymore

Mar 26, 2009
Wacky aliens and weird worlds? No Earth or broke girls? Planet Hulk reference? All we need is Beta Ray Bill!

helwyr

Dec 24, 2015
Country
UK
SirSullymore said:
Wacky aliens and weird worlds? No Earth or broke girls? Planet Hulk reference? All we need is Beta Ray Bill!
Do you think that they've learned from GotG that they can get away with being a bit more out there?

Darth Rosenberg

Oct 25, 2011
Looks good, though I hope the plot's more involved than 'powerful person who doesn't have much screentime wants to fuck shit up'. If a film's as good as Winter Soldier it can more than get by, but not many films are that good.

Hopefully this'll be all I let myself watch before I see it.

*notices release date*

...damn it. More [potentially] good films is welcome, but it gets hard avoiding so many spoilers for so many films before any of the things are actually out.

Ruisu

Enjoy the Silence
Jul 11, 2013
...ugh

Look, this looks fun and good and all. But I just can't get over how much I dislike this 'Bro' Thor. It really ruins the character for me, and kills my interest in this movie.

Guffe

Jul 12, 2009
I am trying to not get high expectations and hype for this movie, because that minimises the chance that it won't go under my expectations. But they are making it really hard!!

Fiz_The_Toaster

books, Books, BOOKS
Legacy
Jan 19, 2011
Country
United States
Ok, I laughed pretty hard at his reaction to the Hulk.

I am thoroughly stoked about this movie now.

hermes

Mar 2, 2009
1- Looks cool. I really like that they are embracing the most esoteric, colorful, Kirby-like elements of the mythos.

2- Blanchett is Hela? I guess it makes sense to have her as an antagonist in Ragnarok, but because of the green color-coded suit she has in 0:35, for a moment, I thought she was The Enchantress (also, Skurge is in this one, so)...

SirSullymore

Mar 26, 2009
dyneira said:
SirSullymore said:
Do you think that they've learned from GotG that they can get away with being a bit more out there?
Thor Ragnarok is shaping up to be GotG 2.5

And there is absolu-fucking-lutely nothing wrong with this.

Ovimik

Aug 25, 2011
I realy get that Guardians of the galaxy feel/style humor thing going on here from the trailer.

Shdwrnr

Waka waka waka
May 20, 2011
I hope they don't show Kurt Russle's character in any trailers. Don't want his appearance spoiled for me.

Sniper Team 4

Apr 28, 2010
So the biggest thing I noticed, or I guess that I'm curious about, is Loki. We see him sitting up there with the Grandmaster, which means...what? Did Hela allow him to leave? Did he run away? Did he HELP her destroy Asgard? Because I know he's a villain, but I never would have believed he'd go so far as to help destroy his homeland.
But then again, where was he when it was going down? Did he run away, or did he try to stand up to her?