Here's What Overwatch's Golden Weapons Will Look Like

ffronw

I am a meat popsicle
Oct 24, 2013
Here's What Overwatch's Golden Weapons Will Look Like

Get a first look at what Overwatch's Golden Guns will look like.

Yesterday, we told you about some new details on Overwatch's competitive mode [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/167755-Blizzard-Reveals-More-Overwatch-Competitive-Mode-Details] that Blizzard had shared. Included in those details was mention of a customizable "Golden Gun" reward system that's coming when competitive mode launches later this month.

Now we're getting a first look at just what those golden weapon skins will look like, and as you might expect, they're pretty shiny. Even Bastion is getting in on the action.

The Overwatch competitive mode is expected to launch before the end of June.

[gallery=6302]

Source: AllGamesDelta [http://lll.net/album/gNLH]

Bobular

Oct 7, 2009
They'll work on some characters, but on Bastion and D.VA they look out of place, now a solid gold Bastion and a solid gold mecha suit for D.VA would be cool, but that's more of a skin then a weapon thingy.

Neurotic Void Melody

Bound to escape
Legacy
Jul 15, 2013
Well, they certainly look like how somebody would expect gold weapons to look like...Gold...Sortof. Not shiny enough. I demand dazzling shine from my murder toys and nothing less, so i can imitate overfunded South African warlords like all the cool kids!
I just don't understand why this is news. Gold skins are in many many many games already and they were never reported on. Is this a Blizzard funded thing or just because the game is popular? Or...both?

Dedtoo

Aug 28, 2009
Norway
Golden skins look mostly as expected then. Though I will say that Junkrat and Roadhogs golden guns seem... Odd, to say the least. They're essentially guns made of golden junk, somehow.

hentropy

Feb 25, 2012
It'd be one thing if it was full skin, but few of the weapons will look good gold with most of the current skins... McCree's peacemaker will look cool but not sure about most of the others.

Spygon

May 16, 2009
This is the thing i never understood with stealthy characters in games with actual skin designs. Okay we have made a character like reaper or hanzo who needs to stay hidden as much as possible. Right so we give the character's default skin dark drown or black to not draw attention to themselves while running about. Now we have all the unlocked skins and downloadable weapons that are so brightly coloured you will be seen from 5 miles away. So the choice is stay with your default skins or be prepared to be shot every time you move from cover to cover.

Estarc

Sep 23, 2008
What a shocker. The gold guns look like the regular guns but GOLD! Knock me over with a feather.

Subbies

Dec 11, 2010
Dedtoo said:
Though I will say that Junkrat and Roadhogs golden guns seem... Odd, to say the least. They're essentially guns made of golden junk, somehow.
Now you can image them being golden weapons of stolen bling from Trashmouse and Streetpigs multiple escaped :D.

OT: I hope you can combine them with already existing skins, I would love to have D.Vas golden guns on the Junkers mech skin so I can look even more out of place!

Glongpre

Jun 11, 2013
Spygon said:
This is the thing i never understood with stealthy characters in games with actual skin designs. Okay we have made a character like reaper or hanzo who needs to stay hidden as much as possible. Right so we give the character's default skin dark drown or black to not draw attention to themselves while running about. Now we have all the unlocked skins and downloadable weapons that are so brightly coloured you will be seen from 5 miles away. So the choice is stay with your default skins or be prepared to be shot every time you move from cover to cover.
Well, it's not like there isn't a bright red outline when you look at enemy characters.

Zulnam

Feb 22, 2010
Kibeth41 said:
I'm happy they're not easy to acquire.
It's overwatch. Nothing is easy to acquire. Unless... Maybe you have a few extra bucks to spare...?

SirSullymore

Mar 26, 2009
Zulnam said:
Kibeth41 said:
I'm happy they're not easy to acquire.
It's overwatch. Nothing is easy to acquire. Unless... Maybe you have a few extra bucks to spare...?
Nope, everything is easy to acquire, minus the rare skins, cause they're, ya know, rare.

Sonicron

Do the buttwalk!
Mar 11, 2009
Well, there's my incentive to keep playing. My main is Zenyatta, so that means I'll be working towards having shiny golden balls. And people say dreams don't come true...