Heresy: I like CS:GO on 360 Better Than the PC Version

Vivi22

Aug 22, 2010
Awexsome said:
Yeah it's only a PC fanboy/elitist argument for FPSs to be inherently superior on PC's anymore like RTS's would be.
I'm sorry, but arguing that a mouse and keyboard allows for faster response times and more accurate aiming really isn't a fanboy or elitist argument. It's pretty much objective fact.

Jun 11, 2008
ScrabbitRabbit said:
My experience with the community on the PC version of GO has been much better than it was with Source. I've mostly found pretty friendly people, especially on the community servers. On Source, you could get kicked for not having a kill after the first round and I hear 1.6 is even worse.

Not everybody has played CS their entire life.

The only issue I have with most teamwork-based PC games, like CS, is that hardly anyone has a mic, so it's really hard to co-ordinate yourselves. On CS everyone just seems to run off and do their own thing.
Everyone has a mic(basically everyone) but no one uses in game voice chat on PC everyone uses either TS or Vent.

OT: Ok big whoop wanna fight about it? There is nothing wrong or controversial for preferring 1 community over the other.

fix-the-spade

Feb 25, 2008
Paragon Fury said:
God forbid you ask a question about something while playing a PC game - they'll eat you alive
Dude you're playing the wrong servers. Get Ventrilo and play some clan owned servers.

teh_gunslinger

S.T.A.L.K.E.R. did it better.
Dec 6, 2007
I only got one question? What the hell kind of servers were you playing on?

There are a ton of good clan servers that are an absolute joy to play on.

Crises^

Sep 21, 2010
If your not interested in play competitive such as with a clan you should find a clan community you like and stay on that server. takes a few days but afterwards you'll have 5-6 servers on your favorite list that you just only use.

The chatting in game thing you'll find everyone has a mic just they use Teamspeak, Vent or Mumble and are chatting with their friends on that instead as most people instant mute in game voice.

problem with public is their is alot of dicks but if you find a good community server that is admined well you'll have a great time and maybe even join them and see the other side to cs:go which is the leagues and cups.

Nalgas D. Lemur

Nov 20, 2009
Glademaster said:
ScrabbitRabbit said:
The only issue I have with most teamwork-based PC games, like CS, is that hardly anyone has a mic, so it's really hard to co-ordinate yourselves. On CS everyone just seems to run off and do their own thing.
Everyone has a mic(basically everyone) but no one uses in game voice chat on PC everyone uses either TS or Vent.
Well, not quite everyone. I don't use TS or Vent much, but that's because I run my own Mumble server. Heh. And sometimes I get stuck using Skype or something when people can't be bothered to install TS/Vent/Mumble/whatever. But yeah, organized groups of any sort (either people who play together or entire servers) tend to not use in-game voice because it tends to suck or majorly lack features compared to other options. Man, is it a pain when a crappy port comes out that doesn't let you disable the broken in-game voice chat (Borderlands at launch, I'm looking at you).

Jun 11, 2008
Nalgas D. Lemur said:
Glademaster said:
ScrabbitRabbit said:
Well, not quite everyone. I don't use TS or Vent much, but that's because I run my own Mumble server. Heh. And sometimes I get stuck using Skype or something when people can't be bothered to install TS/Vent/Mumble/whatever. But yeah, organized groups of any sort (either people who play together or entire servers) tend to not use in-game voice because it tends to suck or majorly lack features compared to other options. Man, is it a pain when a crappy port comes out that doesn't let you disable the broken in-game voice chat (Borderlands at launch, I'm looking at you).
Obviously, there are other options but bar Civcraft and you I've never been asked to join a Mumble. My point was as you said people don't bother with the ingame voice chat.

Woodsey

Aug 9, 2009
Awexsome said:
Yeah it's only a PC fanboy/elitist argument for FPSs to be inherently superior on PC's anymore like RTS's would be.

Since Halo the controls for FPS's on consoles have been perfectly fine. It's only a matter of preference as to which one would could consider better now. And the internet is quite good at turning arguments over preferences into superiority arguments. Just look at console wars.
Well no, not exactly. Analogue sticks have a mechanical speed limit, mice don't. You can move faster by a huge degree and since it doesn't need any acceleration, it's more based on muscle memory.

You might prefer one, which is fine, but one is clearly more suited to the task than the other.

DoPo

"You're not cleared for that."
Jan 30, 2012
SmashLovesTitanQuest said:
People play CS with randoms?
Unfortunately, yes, they do. Lots of them.

Terrible idea, you need a team.
Yes, I fully agree. Last time I watched people play it was painful. They weren't playing CS, they were just plying some deathmatch game. It's OK, if you want shooting practice, I guess, not terribly good if you want do stuff like "win".

ScrabbitRabbit

Elite Member
Mar 27, 2012
Paragon Fury said:
People play CS with randoms?

Well fuck that nonsense. Terrible idea, you need a team.
Some of us just don't have a choice.
Yeah, if you can't find a team, you don't play Counter Strike.

I don't know how people tolerate any CS game without friends :/
I play with friends most of the time but I play with randoms sometimes, too. I don't see the problem, if you're enjoying yourself, why the hell not?