HeroClix Gets Street Fighter Expansion

Aris Khandr

Oct 6, 2010
Space Jawa said:
However, for some reason Wizkids won't be allowing people to use Street Fighter Clix in official tournaments.
Judging by the "for some reason", I'm going to guess not, but I have to ask: have they said why? That seems rather arbitrary.

vxicepickxv

Slayer of Bothan Spies
Sep 28, 2008
Aris Khandr said:
Space Jawa said:
However, for some reason Wizkids won't be allowing people to use Street Fighter Clix in official tournaments.
Judging by the "for some reason", I'm going to guess not, but I have to ask: have they said why? That seems rather arbitrary.
I'd wager to help eliminate confusion with the very small set and phasing it out of modern age.

Space Jawa

Feb 2, 2010
Aris Khandr said:
Space Jawa said:
It's not entirely arbitrary, but for "Modern Age" - the name of the format used for Official Tournaments - they're only allowing Marvel, DC, and 'Indy' Clix (though the last one is kind of moot anyway since all the current Indy Clix are retired to the "Golden Age" format anyway).

On the other hand, as far as I can tell they haven't given a reason why it's set up this way.

Seeing how Marvel and DC were once segregated, though, there's still hope that Street Fighter and the other video game clix will be allowed into the larger format at some point in the future.