Heroes of Might and Magic Goes MMORPG

Stormz

Jul 4, 2009
TQ digital lol. I've played their games so no doubt this game will have the most overpowered cash shop in existence.

WhiteTiger225

Aug 6, 2009
FinalDream said:
Sounds interesting and...unnecessary
It is probally going to be like evony, but 3D, and twice as annoying since it will have been a once respected franchise.

WhiteTiger225

Aug 6, 2009
Ross Perot said:
the first turn based MMO?

Perhaps Ubisoft thinks they're trying something Heroic here. Something that will make people say: "WoW"
I see what you did there.

Heart of Darkness

The final days of His Trolliness
Jul 1, 2009
Woo! I should try this. The last one I played exhaustively was III, so some new HoMM might be a good thing.

Mr. Mike

Mar 24, 2010
Tharwen said:
Then you get the griefers who will wait as long as possible before taking their turn in a battle.
They'll probably have a time limit, like no more that 30 seconds to make a move. Well I want to see how this turns out, because I don't think I've seen anything done like it before.

WhiteTigerShiro

Sep 26, 2008
Damn, and people think that WoW servers have long queues during peak hours? I can see it now, people playing the Heroes MMO will finish their turn only to have to wait for their next turn while the next 500 people on the server all do something. x_x

Olikunmissile

Jul 16, 2008
Hashbrick said:
If it's anything like HoMM V it deserves nothing but the garbage can.
Here at the Escapist we like to give our opinions some backing, for instance describing why you feel that way would help make your post into more of a discussion.

Chechosaurus

Jul 20, 2008
I just reignited my love for Heroes of Might and Magic III last week so I am indeed intrigued. I've never played the fifth one but IV killed it for me in a few ways.

Museli

Nin!
Aug 12, 2009
I purchased Heroes III again the other week - it's as fun as I remember. I'm cautiously optimistic about this project.

Hurr Durr Derp

Apr 8, 2009
Zeithri said:
"first persistent world turn-based strategy MMO." The game will offer "in excess of hundreds of unique campaigns, each with epic storylines and goals including 10 chapters of battlefield missions" and also "randomly generated combat maps."
Here they lie.
You can't have a World whiel at the same time claiming it to have diffrent generated maps.

Most likely, this will be a game where you enter a lobby and wait for other gamers to enter.
It could be an instance-based game, where you have a persistent MMO-type world, but the missions are on randomly generated maps.