Heroes of Newerth, 10$ Sale.

chillywally

Sep 29, 2009
Hello fellow Escapists, I bring you great news.

Heroes of Newerth is on some what of a "Summer Sale", and since I am a big lover of good video games and low prices I thought I might spread the word.

What is Heroes of Newerth ? To the core it is a DotA game but without all the fuss and bother of DotA. Those of you who have played DotA might remember such things as leavers in public games and no reconnect option if you were to be so unfortunate as to disconnect. No more of that nonsense.

For new comers to the DotA/MoBA scene I shall give a brief summary of what the gameplay consists of.

It is really quite simple there are two teams on the opposite of the map, The good guys down bottom who defend the World Tree and the bad guys are top who defend the Sacrificial Shrine. There are 3 lanes that connect the two bases, top, middle and bottom. You choose your desired Hero for the game you are playing and move to your lane of choice. Every 30 seconds a wave of a handful of melee fighters and a ranged fighter ( These are more commonly referred to as "Creeps" ).These creep waves will clash and help you push into the enemy's base.

This genre is hard to define because its a lot like a entire RPG game played within the hour. You farm gold through killing creeps and creeps who live in the neutral jungle. And with the gold you buy items and then you fight the enemy team´s heroes.

Here is a link to the metacritic page for the game: http://www.metacritic.com/game/pc/heroes-of-newerth

Now I wont turn this into a ramble post so....

TL;DR; Heroes of Newerth is an amazing game and its on sale for 10 dollors, Don't go to a fastfood joint for lunch, eat an apple and buy HoN <3

http://heroesofnewerth.com/ref.php?r=VFSYUBJD

http://www.nigmanoname.com/prodex.html#glos Glossary Explanations.

http://forums.heroesofnewerth.com/forumdisplay.php?f=43 The Official Forum training grounds, feel free to ask questions there

And if you so wish you can contact me ingame under the name Koxxy most likely, I will try to help in what ever way I can.

If you buy from my referral link from above I get coins, Apperently I am obligated to say that.

Jandau

Smug Platypus
Dec 19, 2008
What is it with HoN spammers lately? Every gaming forum I frequent is flooded with them, including the LoL forums. Are they that desperate to get people? Well, not really a suprise considering how LoL pretty much dominates the MOBA genre at the moment, and DotA2 is on the horizon, but still...

chillywally

Sep 29, 2009
Jandau said:
What is it with HoN spammers lately? Every gaming forum I frequent is flooded with them, including the LoL forums. Are they that desperate to get people? Well, not really a suprise considering how LoL pretty much dominates the MOBA genre at the moment, and DotA2 is on the horizon, but still...
Some people prefer Pepsi over Coke, Just saying Popularity =/= Value of Goods

SinorKirby

May 1, 2009
Why the heck would I pay to play a DotA clone, when I can play League of Legends or DotA for free?

scully745

Mar 15, 2011
I like how HoN is coinciding their sale with LoL having server issues. Taking advantage a little here are we? Not saying by any means that they have anything to do with LoL's server problems, but it seems to be in a little bad taste considering the timing. Not that it matters from a marketing point of view I suppose.

Cavan

Jan 17, 2011
scully745 said:
I like how HoN is coinciding their sale with LoL having server issues. Taking advantage a little here are we? Not saying by any means that they have anything to do with LoL's server problems, but it seems to be in a little bad taste considering the timing. Not that it matters from a marketing point of view I suppose.
Same reason they're both releasing a "monkey king" themed playable character at almost the same time?
Although HoN is trying harder to say "OMG WE THOUGHT OF IT FIRST, IT WAS A CONCEPT ART BEING FLOPPED AROUND THE OFFICE SINCE BEFORE LOLS BETA".

I have yet to see a LoL official comment on that, probably because they don't care.

chillywally

Sep 29, 2009
Please people, I am not trying to say HoN is better then LoL. They both have their ups and downs I just wanted to tell people who might be interested in playing the game that they can now buy it for 10 bucks.

Dont turn this in to HoNvsLoLvsDotA2

Lenvoran

Apr 29, 2010
chillywally said:
Please people, I am not trying to say HoN is better then LoL. They both have their ups and downs I just wanted to tell people who might be interested in playing the game that they can now buy it for 10 bucks.

It's a thread about a . It will inevitably lead to an war between and simply because that's what people do on these threads.

...Also doesn't help that you apparently created this account specifically for the purpose of advertising HoN.

Mathak

The Tax Man Cometh
Mar 27, 2009
I like this type of game, butI heard HoN's community is even worse than that of the original DotA. Anyone have any experience with that?

Hiphophippo

Nov 5, 2009
I see a lot of the exact same thread on forums all over the internet. Is this some sort of snakey referral program where you get more free things the more people sign up? Not that I'm against that, but just be honest.

chillywally

Sep 29, 2009
Lenvoran said:
chillywally said:

It's a thread about a . It will inevitably lead to an war between and simply because that's what people do on these threads.

...Also doesn't help that you apparently created this account specifically for the purpose of advertising HoN.
Yup I made the account back in September 2009 to advertise today... Please dont throw insults around...

Mathak said:
I like this type of game, butI heard HoN's community is even worse than that of the original DotA. Anyone have any experience with that?
I wont lie to you the Hon community ain't sunshine and lollipops but there are plenty of community clans and helpful people in the game, for example The Yognaughts are nice and Reddit people aswell.

Delusibeta

Reachin' out...
Mar 7, 2010
Mathak said:
From my understanding, all MOBA games have terrible communities. Except for Demigod, which has no community. Honestly? Wait and see if Dota2 winds up being free to play. If it is, then HoN will probably die.

Lenvoran

Apr 29, 2010
chillywally said:
Yup I made the account back in September 2009 to advertise today... Please dont throw insults around...
Was more looking at the little post counter. Didn't really notice the time you joined. My apologies.

...And advertising something you like isn't a bad thing, just that it is more likely to fuel the flamewar. Especially with the lack of previous posts.

I personally prefer LoL to HoN, but to each their own thing. Good luck with your advertising (wish there was a better term for it).

matsy

Nov 19, 2009
He's posting here because for every person who clicks his link and buys an account he gets 500 in game coins to buy cosmetic stuff from the in game store.

http://heroesofnewerth.com/ref.php?r=AJIVDHL6

See, there's my link. Feel free to use mine if you appreciate people being honest.

As devious as this guy is being, he's right that MOBAs are really fun, and HoN is a great game. Whether you prefer it or LoL is personal preference. I prefer HoN's art style, and the fact that everything is unlocked from the start (only cosmetics such as hero skins and announcer packs are in the in game store, instead of actual heroes and hero upgrades).

Communities of both games are terrible, for those wondering.

chillywally

Sep 29, 2009
matsy said:
He's posting here because for every person who clicks his link and buys an account he gets 500 in game coins to buy cosmetic stuff from the in game store.

See, there's my link. Feel free to use mine if you appreciate people being honest.

As devious as this guy is being, he's right that MOBAs are really fun, and HoN is a great game. Whether you prefer it or LoL is personal preference. I prefer HoN's art style, and the fact that everything is unlocked from the start (only cosmetics such as hero skins and announcer packs are in the in game store, instead of actual heroes and hero upgrades).

Uhh what ? Yes, I am posting a referral link but its not like I was deceiving anyone, And if anyone would have asked what my gain was I would have told them, ultimatly its up to people to see if they want to buy it or I atleast gave them a intro in to what the game has to offer.

Your just posting to be a ass and earn coins. I want the game to grow and so I advocate HoN.

matsy

Nov 19, 2009
chillywally said:
matsy said:

Uhh what ? Yes, I am posting a referral link but its not like I was deceiving anyone, And if anyone would have asked what my gain was I would have told them, ultimatly its up to people to see if they want to buy it or I atleast gave them a intro in to what the game has to offer.

Your just posting to be a ass and earn coins. I want the game to grow and so I advocate HoN.
lol don't lie. The only reason you're doing it is because there's something in it for you.