BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
even when I like Heroes better than lost, I have nothing against Lost
OK. No problem from me. Lost was one of the shows that I had this big mystery box with little or no payoff.For someone like me in his teens/late-teens at the time, complete time waster.

happyninja42

Elite Member
Legacy
May 13, 2010
OK. No problem from me. Lost was one of the shows that I had this big mystery box with little or no payoff.For someone like me in his teens/late-teens at the time, complete time waster.
The first season had some compelling writing, and plots going on. It felt like there was a direction it was going, and it was interesting. The mystery of it, and how certain characters were portrayed, made for some interesting plots that you wanted to follow up on. Especially the way they would do the flashbacks to establish the history of the people, leading up to them waking up on the beach. And how it makes some moments make more sense when you watch it. Like how one character when he wakes up on the beach, just looks down and smiles a bit, for no apparent reason. Then, when you get to the episode about him, you learn That he was paralyzed from the waste down prior to the flight, and somehow, now has full use of his limbs again. So you are instantly like "ok what the fuck is going on here?!" Sadly it didn't really last for me. They went a few places that just sort of, felt like spinning of the wheels. And I just lost interest in it around...I guess season 2? The last episode I recall watching was one where a person they had captured, escaped, and shot one of the women in the stomach, and they ended it there. Didn't really feel much drive to keep watching at that point.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
The first season had some compelling writing, and plots going on. It felt like there was a direction it was going, and it was interesting. The mystery of it, and how certain characters were portrayed, made for some interesting plots that you wanted to follow up on. Especially the way they would do the flashbacks to establish the history of the people, leading up to them waking up on the beach. And how it makes some moments make more sense when you watch it. Like how one character when he wakes up on the beach, just looks down and smiles a bit, for no apparent reason. Then, when you get to the episode about him, you learn That he was paralyzed from the waste down prior to the flight, and somehow, now has full use of his limbs again. So you are instantly like "ok what the fuck is going on here?!" Sadly it didn't really last for me. They went a few places that just sort of, felt like spinning of the wheels. And I just lost interest in it around...I guess season 2? The last episode I recall watching was one where a person they had captured, escaped, and shot one of the women in the stomach, and they ended it there. Didn't really feel much drive to keep watching at that point.
I know in 2004, 15 year old me had way other interests. I was busy watching House, Dead Zone, ATLA, Blood+, and a whole bunch of other stuff I cannot think of at the moment.

Reactions: happyninja42

meiam

Elite Member
Dec 9, 2010
I think at this point the most memorable thing about heroes is just how hard it plummeted in quality. Wonder what it would have been like without writer strike...

A lot of show with great premise seem to have that problem, great first season but then they don't really know what to do with the show and just meander, like Dexter and other stuff around that time.