Hey Arnold: The Jungle Movie is playing now!

Scarim Coral

Jumped the ship
Legacy
Oct 29, 2010
Country
UK
DarklordKyo said:
Scarim Coral said:
Oh and with Helga and Arnold, I guess Helga is the first yandare!
She's a Tsundere actually, but really high on the tsun tsun. A Yandere is someone who's so obsessed with their love that they'd murder for them.
My bad, wrong term.
Still I'm not suprised she continue to be that way after their adventure. If I remember the reason she greated that persona from her kindergartendays was not be shame for her affection to the public? I can guess she would be more romatically with Arnold in private from the public eyes or if the two enter college if their friends enter different college (or just become mature about it).

Fijiman

I am THE PANTS!
Legacy
Dec 1, 2011
DarklordKyo said:
Samtemdo8 said:
It was made for TV, and honestly I don't know why people hated the original Hey Arnold movie because I thought it was ok.
I guess a lot of it was because that was a cheap, straight to TV or DVD film given a theatrical release (plus, if memory serves, it inverts some character development from the series). Originally, the Jungle Movie was meant to be the theatrical blockbuster (again, if memory serves).
You are correct about this. The Jungle Movie was supposed to be the one that came out years ago, but for some stupid reason or another someone decided to change it to what we got back then instead. The fact that we're getting this at all and at this point in time is both a good and bad thing. Good because fans of the show finally get the closure that they should have years ago, but bad because it shows how desperate Nick is getting these days. They ran shows like Spongebob and Fairly Odd Parents into the ground years ago and I'm sure that a few people remember that they tried to cash in on nostalgia points with the Legends of the Hidden Temple movie they made within the last year or two.

That all said, I would like to see this movie, but I don't have TV service anymore and don't have the time nor patience to watch it online so I guess I'll be giving it a skip for the time being.

DarklordKyo

Nov 22, 2009
Scarim Coral said:
My bad, wrong term.
Still I'm not suprised she continue to be that way after their adventure. If I remember the reason she greated that persona from her kindergartendays was not be shame for her affection to the public? I can guess she would be more romatically with Arnold in private from the public eyes or if the two enter college if their friends enter different college (or just become mature about it).
[*shrug*] http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/StatusQuoIsGod