Hey! I Recognize That Voice/Person!

Baron_Rouge

Oct 30, 2009
When I started playing L.A Noire, I immediately recognised that the main character was played by the same guy who plays Ken Cosgrove on Mad Men. That was awesome.

Myndnix

Aug 11, 2012
I can recognise basically every voice actor who ever existed, at this point.
In particular, Yuri Lowenthal and Jamieson Price seem to be following me around, they seem to be in everything I play lately.
And try not to get me started on the anime...

Palademon

Mar 20, 2010
As a dub anime fan, yes.

All the time. In fact, it's quite jarring to not find a familiar voice straight away.

I also play my own version of where's Waldo, but with Yuri Lowenthal.

Palademon

Mar 20, 2010
NameIsRobertPaulson said:
Palademon said:
As a dub anime fan, yes.

All the time. In fact, it's quite jarring to not find a familiar voice straight away.

I also play my own version of where's Waldo, but with Yuri Lowenthal.
Try it with Kari Wahlgren. Though 6 degrees of separation with her and anime gets old fast. Her list is almost as big as Blum's is.
I do. I just have a fixation on Yuri Lowenthal because he's in a lot of games I owned before I got into anime. And he's not as prolific as Blum so it makes it more of a personal challenge than "There he is. There he is again".

After I started doing this I played New Vegas.
"Well, that was fast. DON'T THINK I CAN'T RECOGNISE YOU FROM YOUR BREATHING YURI! YOU'RE ME!"
Later I killed a character voiced by him.
I was playing as a character voiced by him whilst killing a charcter voiced by him.

Eddie the head

Feb 22, 2012
Oh yeah and the guy that dose Dr. 0 form Fallout:NV Old World Blues also voice acts Dr.Venture form "The Venture Bros."

RyQ_TMC

Apr 24, 2009
Not G. Ivingname said:

As a general rule, voice actors tend to do a LOT of voices roles, often no-you would expect. Here is a few examples:

Steve Blum: Amon (Legend of Korra), Spike (Cowboy Bebop), Garrus (Mass Effect) Tom 2-4 (Toonami)

Tara Strong: Bubbles (Powerpuff Girls), Twilight Sparkle (My Little Pony: FIM), Timmy Turner (Fairly Odd Parents)

Frank Welker: All season 1 Decepticons besides Thunder Wave (Transformers), almost EVERY version Freddy since the show began AND recent versions of Scooby Doo (Scooby Doo), virtually every single animal sound you hear in ANY film.

And that is not even scratching the surface.
Wow, that trailer was really cool. Until I got to Mark Hamill in an unbuttoned shirt. I'm still screaming even as I write this post.

Soviet Heavy said:
Garrus was a Sniper in the United States Army before joining C-Sec.
Huh, never noticed that, despite playing both games to death. Seems Brandon Keener will probably always be the definitive sniper voice for me.

Dethenger

Jul 27, 2011
There was this old game called The Bouncer for the PS2. The villain was named Duragon C. Mikado. In English, he was voiced by the same person who voiced Kenshin Himura.

robmastaflex

Jun 15, 2009
I tend to notice Troy Baker a lot, as well as Yuri Lowenthal and Johnny Yong Bosch. I find Laura Bailey is in a lot of games I own as well. Cam Clarke used to be in a lot of things too, though I've not heard him in much recently though.

CrazyJew

Sep 18, 2011
Every damn Patrick Stewart moment ever. Starting with "It's you! I know you!" and down to every damn Family Guy and Futurama cameo.

Madbomber

Mar 15, 2012
Babylon 5 Ambassador G'kars UNCLE, Warleader G'sten voices Civ 5

ps looked up Steve Blums list of works...... man that guys done alot

Shocksplicer

Apr 10, 2011
I'm really fucking sick of hearing Nolan North in every second game I play.
Nothing against him, he's actually pretty good. He just sounds exactly the same in every game, and it really takes me out of the experience.

snappydog

Sep 18, 2010
I tend to watch anime subbed rather than dubbed but even when the acting's in a language I don't fully understand I can recognise a few actors, most notable NORIO WAKAMOTOOOOOO.
Quite a surprise to hear him as Oda Nobunaga, Lelouch's dad and then... a big talking cat thing in Azumanga Daioh, speaking in broken English. (If 'OI WEESH OAI WAH A BIIIRRRRDO' sounds familiar to anyone, it was him.)

II Scarecrow II

Feb 23, 2011
Well I had my mind completely blown when I found our that Luke Skywalker (Mark Hamill) had voiced every joker in games and cartoons since the 90's and had done some of the V/O in a lot of my favourite games.

Nathan Fillion stands out pretty easy though in the few games I've heard him in.

EvolutionKills

Jul 20, 2008
I noticed while replaying Fable 3, one voiced that I hadn't recognized before. I know Fable is a game for a lot of British Comedy actors to step up for (John Cleese, Stephen Fry, Simon Pegg).

The one that I hadn't recognized until now was King Logan, voice by Michael Fassbender. Who is that you might ask? Stelios from '300', Lt. Hicox from 'Inglorious Basterds', Quintus Dias from 'Centurion', David in 'Promethius', and Erik Lehnsherr (aka MAGNETO) from 'X-Men: First Class'. Ironically enough, I had last played Fable 3 before having seen any of the movies listed here...

JackandTom

Nov 17, 2010
I squee a little bit whenever Steve Blum pops up. Which is often. Because he is EVERYWHERE!

Steve Blum incidentally is NOT Garrus (as some people said), that's Brandon Keener, who popped up in The Pacific once. I was all like OH MY GOD IT'S GARRUS.

Psycomantis777

Apr 24, 2012
Vamp from MGS was in Pulp Fiction, he's Marv, he gets shot in the face... Then again, Phil LaMarr gets around...

joshuaayt

Vocal SJW
Nov 15, 2009
I am an expert at recognising Michelle Ruff- a single word is often enough. It's a rule of mine, actually- if I can either play as or have in my party, a character with Michelle's voice? I have to do it.

Lectori Salutem

Apr 11, 2011
Tom Baker did quite some narration in lesser known games. I recall hearing him in Kult, Fire Warrior and Hostile Waters, amongst some others.

Gameslayer_93

Jul 17, 2009
I recently started watching Bleach (dubbed) and it took me like 5 episodes of hearing it to realise that Kon is played by Quinton Flynn! aka Raiden from MGS series, completely blew my mind, also i keep hearing Vic Mignogna (Ed Elrich from FMA) in like every dubbed anime