Hey Kids, Are You Ready for StarCraftKart?

Weaver

Overcaffeinated
Apr 28, 2008
whoa wait did they patch the beta with the editor or do you need to get it separate?

Aptspire

Mar 13, 2008
I hope for a 'shadow of the collosus' remake in the next month...with a collosus as the weakpoint :D

reg42

Mar 18, 2009
You gotta love the editors that come with Blizzard games, and the community of modders who make sure to keep giving you free content.

matrix3509

Sep 24, 2008
That was ungodly silly, and I couldn't stop laughing at how ridiculous the colossus looked up at the front. I can't wait to see what people make.

EDIT: The music in that video was pretty hilarious, but I couldn't stop imagining it being set to yakety sax.

Tiamat666

Level 80 Legendary Postlord
Dec 4, 2007
I don't laugh often.
As a matter of fact, I never laugh.

This made me chuckle.

Asehujiko

Feb 25, 2008
Eric the Orange said:
I call hax on that ultralisk, he's way to big and blocks the road.
Liberaliter said:
Do the units in SC2 animate that bad when playing normally? >.< Still, pretty impressive.
No, they are contorted into awkwardly looping the first few frames of their walking animation every time directional key input is detected. Which is pretty often.

DividedUnity

Oct 19, 2009
Cool idea but when all the racers get clumped together it just looks like a big pile of fail and polygons.

Also this is pretty cool someone did this after just one week.

ZehGeek

[-Militaires Sans Frontieres-]
Aug 12, 2009
John Funk said:
Onyx Oblivion said:
I'm just wondering one thing...

"Why?"
Why not?
True, very very true.
Liberaliter said:
Do the units in SC2 animate that bad when playing normally? >.< Still, pretty impressive.
Well, I don't think Blizzard intentionaly wanted to make a Mario Kartish mod, so most likely for the normal RTS yea, atleast from the trailors and videos I've seen.

KurtzGallahad

Oct 8, 2009
Actually there was an even more rudimentry version of this that shipped in the scenario maps for Starcraft: Broodwar

BlindMessiah94

The 94th Blind Messiah
Nov 12, 2009
Onyx Oblivion said:
I'm just wondering one thing...

"Why?"
Because StarEdit, the original map editor for SC1 is the reason people still play SC1 to this day...

Without user made content SC would get old in 8 years instead of 12.

The Random One

May 29, 2008
Suddenly, I care about StarCraft.

*sings Starman theme* na na na na nana nanana na na na na nana nanana

I like how the unit is called 'Sweet Ass Go Kart'... and how they lapped the giant mech in the beginning of the second lap.

BehattedWanderer

Fell off the Alligator.
Jun 24, 2009
That is a tragic wonder of awesomeness. Man, given the opportunity, would make himself into a car to race himself around. Whoooo!

YurdleTheTurtle

Mar 23, 2009
BaZacre said:
Catkid906 said:
Would be MUCH more impressive if it wasn't for the fact blizzard made a Warcraft III Mario Kart on Frozen Throne.
Yeah, my thoughts exactly. Still, I have full faith the galaxy editor can do much more than the Warcraft 3 World editor could, but this hasn't shown us anything War3 didn't do already.

Edit: Go Thor, you can do it!!!
oppp7 said:
I haven't tried Starcraft 2 yet, but if the editors are as good as Warcraft 3's then I'd say this kind of thing will become commonplace.
I'm not that great with editors (heck I'm struggling immensely right now) but I can safely say that the Starcraft 2 Editor is better than the Warcraft 3 editor. I can tell that there are more/better options all over the place. To use a simple example, weapons are now separate from a character, which grants you a million more possibilities over WC3's editor.

Plus, you can convert Legacy maps, which means Starcraft + expansion and Warcraft 3 + expansion maps can be converted into SC2 maps. Right now this is buggy though, understandably.

Don't forget that this isn't even the final version of the SC2 editor. Like the game, it's in beta form and people are still rocking with it. Like Blizzard's previous RTS games, SC2 is set to take the world by storm, whether you like playing the campaign, competitive multiplayer, or custom maps/mods.

AC10 said:
whoa wait did they patch the beta with the editor or do you need to get it separate?
It was patched in. You will receive the editor in your SC2 folder when you patch up. It is launched separately by navigating to this folder and opening the SC2 editor.