Hey Pokefans! Want Charizard to be part Dragon? Well...

xaszatm

That Voice in Your Head
Sep 4, 2010
Look no further! Pokemon just released Charizard's X Mega-Evolution, turning the pokemon into a shiny and sleek new creature that is, you guessed it, part dragon!

This Charizard become part-fire, part-dragon for all of your needs! So Escapists, thoughts?

Juste Goose

Aug 1, 2013
Glad I'm going with X.

Come for the Xerneas, stay for the awesome Charizard.

I hope Venusaur and Blastoise get separate mega evolutions too. Especially poor Venusaur.

RJ 17

The Sound of Silence
Nov 27, 2011
And here I always thought he was a Fire/Dragon type. Eh, but I'm nowhere near a pokemon expert...the only ones I've played being Red, Gold, and Sapphire. So what do I know? :p

Spambot 3000

Aug 8, 2011
Well it's certainly a good marketing tactic with all those fanatics who will praise Charizard like a god, I'm sure they'll go bananas over this. Personally I'm just glad that I can use a better Pokemon now.

Dryk

Dec 4, 2011
Juste Goose said:
Glad I'm going with X.

I hope Venusaur and Blastoise get separate mega evolutions too. Especially poor Venusaur.
I'm watching a guy stream it and Venusaurite isn't split into Venusaurite X and Y like Charizardite is. It's looking unlikely :(

Dragonbums

Indulge in it's whiffy sensation
May 9, 2013
I went with X so I am very very happy about this news.

They actually made it cooler looking than the original Mega Charizard.

Now let's see what will the other two starters get.

soren7550

Overly Proud New Yorker
Dec 18, 2008
Dryk said:
Juste Goose said:
Glad I'm going with X.

I'm watching a guy stream it and Venusaurite isn't split into Venusaurite X and Y like Charizardite is. It's looking unlikely :(
Maybe it's that Venasaur does have another Mega evolution, it's just that he has the version that only has the one we've been shown.

Also, I am sad that the new Charizard Mega evolution is X exclusive. Unless you can trade over Charizardite X over to Pokemon Y...

krazykidd

Mar 22, 2008
So ... Is he flying/dragon or fire/dragon? That's gonna fuck up his resistances/weaknesses something fierce . Dragon/flying ( as if we didn't have enough of those ) is nothing special . Fire/dragon , is going to be overpowered as fuck .

spartandude

Nov 24, 2009
So i was planning on getting X, and now that decision is being rewarded even more, first we learn MegaMewtwo X will be alot better than the Y version and now this.

scorptatious

The Resident Team ICO Fanboy
May 14, 2009
Now THAT'S badass.

I never really liked the idea of making Charizard himself part dragon. Sure, he looks like a dragon, so it makes sense to why people would want him to be. At the same time though, dragons are a really powerful type with few weaknesses and a lot of resistances. So making him a dragon would pretty much make it so that there's no good reason to choose Bulbasaur or Squirtle.

I'm okay with this mega evolution though, so long as there are other Pokemon X mega evolutions that can counter him.

Foolery

No.
Jun 5, 2013
Alrighty then. Well, can Gyarados be part dragon? Because water/flying is silly. That's all I ever wanted.

Hazy992

Why does this place still exist
Aug 1, 2010
Fuck, all the best Mega-Evolutions are on X and I was gonna pick up Y :/

Miss G.

Jun 18, 2013
Good thing I'm getting both versions anyway, so I'll get all the options for Mega Evolutions, starters etc.

Asita

Answer Hazy, Ask Again Later
Legacy
Jun 15, 2011
Country
USA
Point of order: Is that a shiny [Mega] Charizard? Or is the color change part of the mega evolution? *checks youtube* Regular Charizard turns black. Huh. Interesting.

New Frontiersman

Feb 2, 2010
Charizard is pretty much my all time favorite Pokemon, so not I'm not sure which version to get because I don't know which form of Charizard I like better.

Mewtwo is my second favorite Pokemon, but at least I know I like Mega Mewtwo Y better.

Drummodino

Can't Stop the Bop
Jan 2, 2011
Miss G. said:
Good thing I'm getting both versions anyway, so I'll get all the options for Mega Evolutions, starters etc.
Must be nice to be able to afford both versions

OT: Mega Charizard X definitely better than Y. I'm curious if Blastoise and Venusaur will get the same treatment.

Broderick

May 25, 2010
Mega Evolution? Don't you mean Digivolve? Am I right guys? Guys? Okay...I will see myself out now.

In all seriousness though, the mega evolution is a pretty cool change to the series. I have not played a pokemon game since gold and silver though so...perhaps it is time I start up again.