Hey, you Florescent Adolescent. Come get some in your fishnets.

ChuQue37

May 16, 2011
So I was thinking:

"If everyone thought exactly like everyone else, the world would be a perfect place."

Agree or disagree, and why?

viranimus

Thread killer
Nov 20, 2009
Apparently it has already started considering this same exact thread was just up a couple days ago with a more logical title.

And, No. It will never happen. It goes against human nature.

Giest4life

The Saucepan Man
Feb 13, 2010
Perfect is not a sate, it's a transcendental idea which is contextual to your current state. No such thing is perfect. If everyone could think alike everyone else (and "think" itself has no definition), things still wouldn't be perfect.

ChuQue37

May 16, 2011
Giest4life said:
Perfect is not sate, it's a transcendental idea which is contextual to your current state. No such thing is perfect. If everyone could think like everyone else (and "think" itself has no definition), things still wouldn't be perfect.
Fine fine, you have me there.

FernandoV

Dec 12, 2010
viranimus said:
Apparently it has already started considering this same exact thread was just up a couple days ago with a more logical title.

And, No. It will never happen. It goes against human nature.
Did he ask if it will happen because the question appeared to be "if you agree with the statement or not".

Ambi

Oct 9, 2009
I'm trying to think of how the title and the song it's referencing could be remotely relevant to the subject.

It depends what type of thoughts they were thinking the same. I'm not sure what way I should look at this question. If everyone shared respectful fundamental beliefs, the world would be better.

Sometimes I look at all the buildings and products of science and think of how I don't even understand it all and how I don't even know how we got this far and how I haven't contributed to any of it. I wonder if we'd be living in huts made of sticks if everyone was exactly like me, or if all my clones could've built up civilisation to be just as impressive.

FernandoV

Dec 12, 2010
Dethenger said:
If everyone thought alike, there would be no conflict.
How boring.
I think you'll find the most exciting times you've spent are with people who agree with you. Imagine that all the time. "Hey, don't you LOVE Miley Cyrus? OMG YEA TOTALLY." Every. Single. Day. We will love miley cyrus.

dyre

Mar 30, 2011
It wouldn't be perfect, but it'd probably be a lot better. Yet, I wouldn't want to, or expect anyone else to, give up my own beliefs and choice for that better world.

Dethenger said:
If everyone thought alike, there would be no conflict.
How boring.
Well, in that particular world, you wouldn't think it's boring :p

DustyDrB

Made of ticky tacky
Jan 19, 2010
And here I thought this would be an Arctic Monkeys appreciation thread...

Stalk3rchief

Sep 10, 2008
If everyone though alike I'd say humankind would be extinguished or we'd all just be animals. The way I'm seeing it is; There wouldn't be enough ambition to do new hings, because there be no solitary great minds to invent/discover new things. We'd be stuck in place.

Edit: And