Hi everyone!

Canadamus Prime

Robot in Disguise
Jun 17, 2009
Welcome to the site. Although I must say you picked a bad time to sign up, the site could die at any time.

Cowabungaa

Feb 10, 2008
Welcome, it's a pity you've joined at this time. Man, you should've seen this place five years ago...
Chimpzy said:
Welcome to the Escapist, enjoy your stay and stay out of the basement.

There are ... things ... down there.
The basement? Bro where do you think we're seeking refuge!

kitsunefather

Verbose and Meandering
Nov 29, 2010
Welcome, brace yourself for support, complaint, and threads with screaming matches that move further and further from the original topic, but can still be enjoyed from the outside as a kind of examination of increasing ideological dogmatism in the face of opposition, where normally polite and rational people become increasingly melodramatic and vitriolic; I'm waiting for one of them to reach a point of critical mass at some point, but so far no dice.

That said, welcome again! Which version of RPG Maker are you using?

shrekfan246

Not actually a Japanese pop star
May 26, 2011
Cowabungaa said:
Chimpzy said:

How the times have changed. :(

Drathnoxis

Became a mass murderer for your sake
Legacy
Sep 23, 2010
Just off-screen
Country
Canada
We don't have any introductory threads because it seems that, invariably, the people who make these threads don't stick around for very long.

Let's take a look at the last person to make an introductory thread. Gee, 7 posts in 10 months, glad she took the time to introduce herself.

Hopefully you'll prove yourself different. You set an avatar, so I like you more already.

The Raw Shark

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes.
Nov 19, 2014
Drathnoxis said:
We don't have any introductory threads because it seems that, invariably, the people who make these threads don't stick around for very long.

Let's take a look at the last person to make an introductory thread. Gee, 7 posts in 10 months, glad she took the time to introduce herself.

Hopefully you'll prove yourself different. You set an avatar, so I like you more already.
^This

However regardless, welcome to the Ricefields, my dude.

You enjoying your stay is subject to change at any point and you may yet just end up hating every single one of us for a number of different reasons, but hey, what's life without a little adventure?

Basement Cat

Keeping the Peace is Relaxing
Jul 26, 2012
Welcome to the Escapist!

Never mind those warning you to stay out of the Basement--fresh meat is always tasty welcome!

I'm big on Dragon Age, too! I'm one of those players who run up a dozen (or two dozen) characters to squeeze the whole experience from BioWare games so it's good to have a fellow DA fan join up.

Chimpzy_v1legacy

Warning! Contains bananas!
Jun 21, 2009
Cowabungaa said:
Welcome, it's a pity you've joined at this time. Man, you should've seen this place five years ago...
Chimpzy said:

Sadly, that's more or less true.

Makes you wonder tho. Are we the things? Or does our seeking refuge with the things mean we're worse than them?

Kae

That which exists in the absence of space.
Legacy
Nov 27, 2009
Country
The Dreamlands
'Ello new person, I happen to be playing Dragon Age Origins and am frustrated with the small number of Party slots so is there perhaps a recommendation for which Party members to take[footnote]Though I'm not leaving Morrigan Behind and I do need a Rogue because I'm playing Wizard so for the moment Leilana is staying, Alistair is fun too but I can swap him around if necessary[/footnote], I only ask 'cause you said you liked it.

IceForce

Is this memes?
Legacy
Dec 11, 2012
[2 weeks later]

It's always nice to see active and lively new people joining the forum.

Seriously though, why do the people who make these 'hello' threads never seem to actually bother returning? What is even the point of making these threads if you're only ever going to make 1 post anyways?

Kae

That which exists in the absence of space.
Legacy
Nov 27, 2009
Country
The Dreamlands
IceForce said:
[2 weeks later]

Seriously though, why do the people who make these 'hello' threads never seem to actually bother returning? What is even the point of making these threads if you're only ever going to make 1 post anyways?
I don't know, seems mostly pointless and a bit exasperating to be honest.

Jan 19, 2011
IceForce said:
[2 weeks later]

> New user spends time and effort to create an entire thread to introduce themselves to the community
> Is met with an enthusiastic community, which welcome him/her with open arms
> Never posts again

The Escapist is dying, isn't it?