Hidden Zombie Teaser Buried in Spike VGA Commercial

Rensenhito

Jan 28, 2009
Man that VGA "Look Closer" site is creepy at 3:00 AM. Bye-bye, any chance of a few hours' sleep.
On a side note, meaning on-topic, I'd love for this to be L4D3, and when you look at how quickly Valve followed 1 with 2, it seems like a distinct possibility.

felixader

Feb 24, 2008
Pffa , isn't that clear?

It's the VGA's! From the Hosts to the LadyBait running around, it's all Zombies. That's all.

GamerLuck

Questionably Opinionated
Jul 13, 2009
Just entertaining an inkling in the back of my head, but I would shit so many bricks if all of these teasers were for the same project......

Therumancer

Citation Needed
Nov 28, 2007
It reminds me a bit of the viral marketing campaign for "Arkham Asylum" and the lead in for it. "Look Closer" makes me think that there is something people aren't spotting in that picture that links to another site, either that or something about the "look closer" graphic itself.

That said, ARGs don't impress me much any more, and it doesn't surprise me that Spike has gotten involved in something like this.

I have no objection to Zombie games to be honest, it's the current mania. My big problem is poorly constructed Zombie fiction without any real consistant mythology or lore behind them for it to make any kind of sense. Seems to me that "look, it's zombies, shoot them" is becoming a catch-all plotline, and zombies are used as a way to avoid any kind of real writing. When there is some explanation involved, it's almost invariably the recycling of the same ideas everyone else has been using.

BreakfastMan

Scandinavian Jawbreaker
Jul 22, 2010
I am pretty sure that at this point, the only reason people pay attention to the VGAs is because of the reveals at the show.