Hide Your Wallets - The Steam Summer Sale Kicks Off Tomorrow

Feb 26, 2014
I'm interested in ROTK 13, Just Cause 3, and either Morrowind or Oblivion. Rotk13 and Just cause 3 seem to be marred by technical difficulties, due to being shitty PC ports, so I'm not sure if I want to drop the cash on them. And the deciding factor between Morrowind and Oblivion is, which game has the better spell options for Mages? Other than that, I was interested in getting GTA V. Was. All in all, not much for me. I'm probably only going to get one game, depending on how my research into ROTK 13 and JC3 goes.

babinro

Sep 24, 2010
Shadow of Mordor for $6.99 Canadian is about as cheap as it'll ever get....trying to decide if I should buy it or hope to see it appear in a humblebundle package.

Same dilema for Resident Evil 5 Gold Edition. I realize Humblebundle has done RE bundles multiple times in the past but the pricing and content within them always caused me to pass. I want the gold edition since I never played the bonus content.

Those are my main two game but others I'm considering are:
- Prison Architect
- Doom 2016
- Transistor (Supposedly great but I'm not sure if it's my kind of game. Insane sale on this though)

Other games I really want need to price drop further.

Arnoxthe1

Elite Member
Dec 25, 2010
Captain Marvelous said:
And the deciding factor between Morrowind and Oblivion is, which game has the better spell options for Mages?
Doesn't really matter as both can be modded to hell honestly. Just get the one with the environment and quests that appeal to you most. Although a small warning for Oblivion. The level scaling is atrocious and should be modded out ASAP.

Frankster said:
was contemplating Earth Defence force but i think i can wait for a better sale on that.
That bastard hasn't gone any lower than 40% off in it's entire life on Steam.

McElroy

Elite Member
Legacy
Apr 3, 2013
Finland
Once again I drop in just to complain that they removed all the excitement from this (no daily deals, no flash deals, no voting).

hermes

Mar 2, 2009
Since they took out the daily and flash deals, it got very uninteresting. In those sales were when the games got some big discounts, or the incentives to check it out regularly. Now, I am hard-pressed to find any game that interests me that goes for more than 70% off. I can see exactly what I might buy on the first few minutes, and I will mostly buy indie games. Having some 60$ games being changed to 30-40$ is not motivation enough...

hermes

Mar 2, 2009
Arnoxthe1 said:
Holy shit, these deals are fucking lame AGAIN. 50% off used to be the minimum and now it's only 20-50% instead.
You can thank their decision to remove flash sales, voting and daily sales (basically, they removed every chance the publishers had of reacting to the response of the sales after they started). It used to create an environment were the publishers would get cutthroat to each other to out-perform the competition...

Now they all put their cards on the table at the beginning, so there is no reason/no way they might lower a game even further once the sale starts.