Hideo Kojima and Guillermo del Toro Team for New Silent Hill

Saika Renegade

Nov 18, 2009
While I can see these producing something very interesting, I will simply say that I don't foresee a lot of overall subtlety in the course of it. However, I've always felt that Kojima's strongest suit was writing characters, so hopefully we can see some of that talent in this dynamic duo team-up.

BurningWyvern90

May 21, 2013
del Toro I can get behind. The rest....we'll see.

From the gameplay trailer thing I watched, it does look unnerving as shit. But it also looks like it would get repetitive really quickly if that's seriously all the game is going to be, and other than the claustrophobia it seems like as it is so far it relies too much on jumpscares. And it doesn't look Silent Hill-y. But really, that's not surprising.

Remus

Reprogrammed Spambot
Nov 24, 2012
After playing the "trailer", I am thoroughly impressed. It's scary as hell and can take hours and hours to figure out. It's tight, nuanced, easy to miss the little things, which of course is the entire point. It's another of those games like Outlast, where watching the Lets Play videos on Twitch, Youtube or PSN are just as fun as playing yourself, with the added benefit of seeing others react to the environment the game drops you in. It's claustrophobic, sometimes grotesque, the lights look like human cages when their shadows are cast upon the wall, I like!

Mr. Eff_v1legacy

Aug 20, 2009
Kojima's the only shred of hope I have left for the series. If it were any other developer, I'd be inclined to instantly write it off.
This, however, COULD work.
My only reservations lay in that there is no evidence of any Team Silent members present, which makes me wonder if the nuances of the series will be properly treated. Furthermore, the title is a bit off-putting. Aside from being a bit cheesy, it seems to say "there are multiple dimensions", which is a bit too blunt, in my opinion.

Extra-Ordinary

Elite Member
Mar 17, 2010
Wow, that's a pretty potent combination, time for me to start playing Silent Hill.
Problem is I have this compulsion to always start game series' from the top and from what I hear, only the first three are any good and the next *checks wikipedia* six aren't great.
Wow, really, six? That's a lot.
Guess I'd better get started!

L. Declis

Apr 19, 2012
Right.

I shall buy this game, because it has Kojima stuck to it and nothing he ever makes is boring. Plus, he has been wanting to escape MGS for ages, so I'm excited to see what he is going to do when he gets the chance for something completely different.

Del Toro will bring the creepy atmosphere, they both bring the body horror, Kojima will bring solid gameplay and no glitches, and the story...

Well...

That is going to be something you won't forget.

This shall be my first Silent Hill game, but only because everyone told me the remakes were crap.

havoc33

Jun 26, 2012
The demo looked absolutely awesome. What a way to introduce a game! Definitive day one buy from me. As a matter of fact, I'm gonna find myself a copy and play Downpour. I never bothered due to the mixed reviews. Which version is the best, 360 or PS3?

OT: I don't get the negative responses in here. Konami finally decides to throw some serious money at the series again, and this is how you react? After the last few releases, it really can't get any worse.

Shuu

Apr 23, 2013
I would hate for this to be an exclusive.
Kojima is a strange man with very warped ideas of human behavior, but if he's a broken clock, Silent Hill might just be his "twice a day" if you see what I mean. And Del Toro? Oh man, this could be spectacularly good or spectacularly bad, but either way it will be spectacular, and it would suck for Xbone and PC players to miss out.
Peh! Artificial exclusivity is sooo last gen. If you want your game to do well, make it available to your WHOLE audience. It's kind of obvious.