Hideo Kojima Has Officially Left Konami

masticina

Jan 19, 2011
I agree with many here. Kojami should really just start a kickstarter and.. it will work. If he wants to make a game LIKE silent hill... without using Silent Hill music, characters, etc.. why not.

If he wants to make a metal gear solid LIKE game.. why not.

Konami now is left only with panchiko machines... it will die. And it will be good. In time Kojima can buy up the rights for MSG and Silent Hill and all is good again.

Zetatrain

Sep 8, 2010
Country
United States
Gregio said:
I'm all about hating Konami just as the next person, but I'm skeptical about all those people saying how successful Kojima would be in Kickstarter and such.
As much as I love Metal Gear, there are so many ridiculous things in it, and you've gotta imagine that publishers and CEOs in Konami probably curbed Kojima's "creativity" a lot. Konami also pushed the release of Metal Gear, after it'd been what, 5-7 years in development, if not more.
Metal Gear Solid Peacewalker was released in mid 2010 so maximum development time for MGSV would have been about 5 years. However I read they only started tossing around ideas for MGSV in 2011 so chances are the development time for MGSV was 4 years at most. MGSV is really the only MGS game that has had a troubled development history and some of that you could blame on the drama surrounding Konami's restructuring. Though unfortunately unless someone comes forth we won't know for sure.

Redlin5_v1legacy

Better Red than Dead
Aug 5, 2009

If you didn't see this one coming, you haven't heard about any of the Konami behavior of the last year.