High School Relationships

Mar 31, 2009
I guess I would be sickening to the OP, because I have been in a lovey dovey, kissing, cuddling, baby talking people who have driven people insane, and this has been going on for 3 years thus far, and we have every intention of getting married. My parents (and her parents) got married whne they were young and still have fantastic marriages, so I guess we were raised to think this was teh norm, and us meeting eachother was fate (yes I intend to make at leats one person throw up while I am posting this) I know that I am an exception to the general rule, but I still believe that you have to really learn about someone before you say "I want to marry you"

meatloaf231

Old Man Glenn
Feb 13, 2008
Bulletinmybrain said:
meatloaf231 said:
High school relationships are frivolous, meaningless, and doomed to angsty failure within months at most. They also make normal people do completely idiotic things, like John here.

So yeah, I'd say avoid them at all costs.
Yeah but they will have to fuck-up somewhere right? Atleast let it be in a semi-safe if slowly turns you insane, place.

EDIT: And it leaves them in emotional wrecks which I get to laugh about.
Two good points. Aye, I suppose if you're intelligent enough to realize that they're not going to last and will probably end up screwing with your emotions, I suppose high school is as good a testing ground as any.

Feb 23, 2009
Ive had several relationships screw up. One was mainly due to distance, another cause she was screwing two of my best mates and another...well, it didnt really happen.

I wouldnt say ALL are crap. My sister and her boyfriend have just broken the year mark and theyre still really into each other. Cant see that breaking down for a while. They even going to the same Uni -.- (College in America)

My best friend is getting close to the year mark to. But thats really not going to work. Cause he's an idiot.

We'll call my friend 'Terry'. He knew his girlfriend, 'Julie', while young. Then Julie moved away, but comes down weekends. Terry and Julie started dating about 9 months ago. Now after about Six months Terry thinks he might have feelings for another girl. Its clear to me that its just lust and he'll be over it soon. But no. Terry is an idiot and decides he needs to TELL Julie that he thinks he likes someone else. Then tells her that he wants a 'break' and expects her to wait for him...How idiotic can you be?

So she promptly split with him only to get back together a whole...what...THREE HOURS later.

NOW Terry has been hanging out with a different girl and ended up making out with her a few days ago. He hasnt told Julie yet. He is a god damn idiot.

Personally, Ive given up on relationships till University. Not just cause of my experiences, but from watching everyone else screw up their's.

Handofpwn

Aug 6, 2008
PrinnyGod said:
I don't know, I've come to the conclusion that I'm far from normal, this overly testosterone thing, not me. Actual caring about most things I do, or that happens to me, very low so long as it's not physically harmful....

With this general spaced out oblivious way of life i can say thus, Relationships are a rare thing for me, and I'd say my current one is rather well off and started end of the senior year of high school last year in theory. How ever i wouldn't claim that high school relationships are hollow, unserious and pointless. How else will you learn some things? and some people are fully developed mentally at that age, making some rather immature, and other's mature in general, give you half a guess on what the majority is...

Anyway, my advice on such things is the passive route, however you seem to like controlling things, so that doesn't apply does it?
This is how i am. I have never initiated a relationship. I only found out I had a girlfriend when the girls who fancied me told me we were dating.

Demon_Zeya

Nov 10, 2008
Well, I didn't expect to get this many replies in only a day and a half, but it looks like I've got no choice but to tell 'jane' about this. I'm probably going to either give it to her lightly, or, as my personality makes me, bluntly give her the news and f*ck what she thinks... We're friends so it looks like I'm gonna have to do it lightly... *************

But I thank you all for the interesting... stories... and advice. Keep posting on your own idea's if you want, I guess, but don't bother giving me more advice, I doubt theres any turning back after this.

xChevelle24

Mar 10, 2009
Demon_Zeya said:
Oftentimes, I notice that most high school age teenagers get into "serious" relationships, but it gets screwed up somehow, by fault on either the male or female side. There's nothing wrong with that, but the part that REALLY pisses me off is that one side or another, or both, will feel sad, or angry, or totally suicidal! You know, teens, I'm only a freshman and I've figured out half my classmate's inner secrets, and I can control their actions like a puppeteer. But the one problem I have with owning this damn school is that these relationships are hopeless!!!

I want people to help me prove my point on the subject, and, just for kicks, add any sad breakups you've been in or heard about. Here's my example (true) about one of my classmates and a girl me and my friends hang out with.

Right after our spring break ended, we found out that our local pain in the arse (I'll use John as a simple name), and (Jane is the cover-up name here) were together. Obviously, being the pessimistic ass I am, I started gathering bets on how long it'd last. I bet one month, another guy said 10 days, a third said 1 year, and so on...

Three days later, we found out that during their Drama class, John and Jane were talking, flirting, cuddling, and being annoying as hell for the rest of the SANE students, until John did the stupidest f***ing thing known to man. He actually told Jane that he wanted to marry her. She broke it up immediately, and all I could do at hearing the news was laugh. EPIC FAIL, I told John. "Girls in high school rarely ever are serious about a relationship, and you went ahead at least 3 years worth of being together." (by the way, I lost $10 from that bet...)

And now I also have to note, when it comes to guys, don't you think we've got too much Testosterone in our bodies? I find it to be really annoying, because although I spend every class watching my classmate's about their personality and reactions, I find my mind to stray, VERY FAR off my original beliefs. er... yeah, guys can understand. And also, I think Jane likes ME now, and I don't know what to make of it.. any tips?
My tip: tell her you want to marry her

Lord George

Aug 25, 2008
Tell her you love her, write her a poem, sleep with her, stay with her until she gets boring, then move on. Its worked for me so far, of course the trick is to make the dumping itself not seem like your actually dumping her but rather just keep moving apart from her until you barely speak to her. That way you don't come off as a bastard and are free to woo many more guys and gals.

traceur_

Feb 19, 2009
Demon_Zeya said:
I'm only a freshman and I've figured out half my classmate's inner secrets, and I can control their actions like a puppeteer.
I can pretty much do that to one of my mates and it's awesome, anyway all this drama and crap is just because all us young folk are retarded.

Lazzi

Apr 12, 2008
pimppeter2 said:
Wow thats alot of questions in 1 topic.

Umm no we dont have too much Testosterone in our bodies, if you used it they you would realize.

Demon_Zeya said:
And also, I think Jane likes ME now, and I don't know what to make of it.. any tips?
Do you like the girl, and if you obiously can tell that high school relationships are temporary why do you care about the chance of failure, be a man and go for it

oh and your whole post contradicts itself
Hes obviously insecure, let the child have is fun.

Demon_Zeya

Nov 10, 2008
LMAO false alarm, turns out she had a crush on me for several months in the first semester, but she got over it. But that doesn't explain an odd poem I found in her bag about "Alice" and a "rabbit." (explanation: One of the people in my group thought that we were like the characters from Alice in Wonderland- this is only a few days ago- and she was Alice and I'm the rabbit