High Scores

Leopard

Jul 6, 2010
I was just in a lecture playing some games on my phone, instead of you know, learning. When I started thinking about high scores and leaderboards in games. Although they aren't as common as they were in the arcade era they are still used in games such as pretty much ever FPS, Dead Nation, Devil May Cry 4 and of course pretty much all racing games.
So I was wondering. Is there anyone here who has any studpidly high scores on games? Any world records? Impossible to beat times?

Tallim

Mar 16, 2010
It's a been a long time since I checked so it might be different now but I was global leader on Echo mode of Bulletstorm on PS3 and I know a few of the individual Echoes I had the best score on all 3 platforms.

50K Park, I'll manage it someday!!!

Edit: At the time I started assaulting the scoreboards I got accused of hacking and had to make some vids in order to prove I was doing it legit. Fastest way to lose 1st place on a game is showing how you did it. But then that just inspired me to get better and more creative.

I'm also credited on the (Bulletstorm) forums as having discovered a lot of the tricks about the game that make really high scores possible.

dimensional

Jun 13, 2011
er I got a really high score on snake on my old nokia 18 points off the max because I made one stupid wrong turn arrgh but no I have nothing particularly impressive i.e no top 10 world records and I guess that would put me in the majority.

Most of my scores that I think are pretty good just look pathetic against the best I think I have only been in the top 100 (of well played games) leaderboards once and that was a stage in batman arkham asylum usually im number 5000 or 500000.

King of the Sandbox

& His Royal +4 Bucket of Doom
Jan 22, 2010
I had my name published in Nintendo Power a couple of times with a High Score on Kung Fu and a record time in Mega Man 2.

Eff, I wish my mom hadn't thrown those out. :(

EDIT: Oh, and on Doritio's Crash Course (A surprisingly fun free XBL game), I'm ranked in the top 100 on a couple levels. :)

Valagetti

Good Coffee, cheaper than prozac
Aug 20, 2010
Oh yeah I hold all the high scores of all the MMORPG's. Sorry it had to be done. No I never really get into high scores, except racing games, I suppose, because thats what racing games is all about.