Hilarious Character Builds

Cogwheel

Apr 3, 2010
More Fun To Compute said:
Cogwheel said:
Arcanum. Picture, if you will, someone who delves into the worst dungeons in the planet in a smoking jacket and a top hat. This top hat is covered in wires and creates a magnetic field that deflects bullets and other attacks. He is carrying two weapons: A giant, fuel-covered fiery axe and a rifle that shoots lightning. He rarely needs to use either or enter dungeons at all since he can talk his way past most things in any case, but the point remains.

This person is a halfling.
Ah, Troika. My last attempt at Arcanum was a Half-Ogre and it was pretty funny how the game reacted even if Arcanum isn't really a hit with me. For Bloodlines I played a Malkavian first and the people who say not to are horrible liars. Playing with a Malk first is hilarious and doesn't really spoil anything important.

My favourite builds are in Dungeon Crawl Stone Soup though. Sludge Elf Transmuter is a favourite because you throw exploding potions then go all kung-fu on monsters with bare hands combat. When they are dead you use necromancy to extract more potions from their corpse. And what the hell is a sludge elf anyway? The Hill Orc Priest is funny as well when all of the Orcs in the dungeon start treating you like John the Baptist.

Stone Soup, you say? I eventually finished it with, of all the stupid combinations, a kobold earth elementalist. Odd, but there you go. Troll Healers are always good fun, in a short-lived kind of way. That or troll monks. Basically Bruce Lee+Hulk.

RowdyRodimus

Apr 24, 2010
OceanRunner said:
Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyyyy back when I played WWF Smackdown 2:Know Your Role, for a laugh I took 2 base create-a-wrestler males and made one a stick man with power moves and the other a huge fat man with high-flying moves. This game was well before the ones which took weight into account.
Sounds like Big Stevie Richards and Hugh Morrus to me.

Fr]anc[is

May 13, 2010
zHellas said:
No.

I mean the body type of the Warforged I showed you, but a Necromancer.
That's a warforged? would've sworn it was that boss from DA:O. My mistake

Altorin

Jack of No Trades
May 16, 2008
Fr said:
anc[is]
zHellas said:
No.

it was, however, it could also be seen as similar to an adamantite bodied warforged, although that would be a really shitty spellcaster

cheftacular

Jan 17, 2009
Not sure if this needs to be D&D characters, but if not, then a Fallout 3 character dedicated to sneaking, brass knuckles, and baseball bats. If you play well you can beat the game without once firing a gun.

paragon1

Dec 8, 2008
My Shadowrun bioware-enhanced elf rolled 16 dice to attack. For any weapon. He also had the combat monster, wanted, and enemy flaw.
He worked as a food vendor at a major sports arena.

zHellas

Quite Not Right
Feb 7, 2010
Fr said:
anc[is]
zHellas said:
No.

It is, but that's how I want my Warforged(at least for some ideas I have) to look like.

Altorin said:
Fr said:
anc[is]
zHellas said:
No.

it was, however, it could also be seen as similar to an adamantite bodied warforged, although that would be a really shitty spellcaster
How so? PM me as to why.

Hazy

Jun 29, 2008
I made a Hands of God class on Demon's Souls. Melee only.
No armor, no rings - just the Hands of God.

Every enemy encounter is like hearing this song:

Ekibiogami

Sep 24, 2009
Palladium: Elven Tumbler.
I had Exotic mounts "I think thats it"
But I killed him by Jumping on the back of a Daemon "Saving a friend" Critical passing a check to stay on it, then Critical failing to get off. Rode it strait to hell.

monalith

Nov 24, 2008
in a homebrew zombie rpg made by a guy i know i created a crazy German called Herman who wore a chicken suit and dual wielded glock 18's. when the campaign started we were in a dog fighting ring when the guards (armed with ak-47's) threw in tear gas than burst in trying to arrest the group. I managed to jump out the window and kill three of the four guards with head shots while dodging around twenty shots. it was a good game

Shimmyshake

Mar 25, 2010
I have to say my favorite thing to play as was a half-dragon, half-orc paladin of tyranny. God damn, I had +10 str for only a +3 level adjustment. Put my highest roll into dex, got Two-Weapon Fighting and Monkey's Grip. Duel wielded pole-axes. Ah, that was a fun campaign, but sadly it didn't last long, DM got pissed and forced a party wipe around lvl 6 (God damn Blue dragons).

Altorin

Jack of No Trades
May 16, 2008
I made a half-ogre monk one time which was kind of fun. Even at low levels he had such ridiculous strength scores that it superceded everything else. He could literally punch through almost anything

Altorin

Jack of No Trades
May 16, 2008
zHellas said:
Fr said:
anc[is]
zHellas said:
No.

It is, but that's how I want my Warforged(at least for some ideas I have) to look like.

Altorin said:
Fr said:
anc[is]
zHellas said:
No.

How so? PM me as to why.
don't need to PM you, Adamantite Body gives you an arcane spell failure chance of 35%.

If you want to be a warforged wizard of any variety, it's sort of imperative that you take the "armorless body" first level feat, which removes the standard 10% arcane spell failure that a regular Warforged has due to his Composite Plating racial trait

EDIT: sent a PM anyway, because this post was taking like 10 minutes to load.

Sinclair Solutions

Jul 22, 2010
Does anybody remember NHL Hitz? My brothers and I used to make the most deformed hockey players ever. There was the one guy (I think his name was Bozo), whose body stats where all zero except for his calfs and feet. So we had this scrawny guy who looked like his was wearing skin boots. There were numerous others.

kingcom

Jan 14, 2009
I met someone who created a Psyker designed to trigger perils of the warp as often as possible in a Dark Heresy game.

Sharkosauros

Aug 10, 2010
honestly i woud love to see a Summoner class , that only had 1 skill,.. .yes only one.. the skill to summon a whale intop of ur enemy to squash em . Epic

hannan4mitch

Jan 19, 2010
zHellas said:
Hannan4mitch said:
Actually, I'm making a homebrew class for D&D 4thED. and it's a pain in the ass to build.
What's the class?
Ever played Torchlight?
Just take the Alchemist, remove summoning abilities, add some more attack and defense spells, the ability to invent stuff and augment the glove he has with stuff he invents (however, said inventing and augmenting takes time (pending on the effects and whatnot) and requires the person be of a certain level to invent), and the ability to make potions/explosives(takes time (pending on effects and whatnot) and requires a certain level to mix)
Then, I have to construct it to be accordance with the rules of 4thED.
The original name of the class was Artificer, but it was already taken.
Wow, when I look at it, this really will take a long time...