Hilarious steam tags

Yellowfish

Nov 8, 2012
Tagged Outlast "Naked men with cleavers". I just couldn't resist. I'm sorry, Internet.

I guess the idea is kinda nice, now people can look at the tags and get a bit more information about the game (along with a general feel of the game's community). The only thing that bothers me is that it's so open to abuse, just like metacritic is. What if, say, people get really pissed off about something a dev does and flood their games' store pages with negative tags said games don't really deserve?

Isalan

Jun 9, 2008
Took the liberty of adding "Unrelated To Mobile Sweet Matching" to the Banner Saga.

You know, just in case anyone got confused.

I got your back, King!

Sight Unseen

The North Remembers
Nov 18, 2009
I love the ones for infestation: Survivor Stories (formerly the WarZ) which state:
Scam
Horrible
rip-off
pay to win
action

and Guise of the Wolf (a really really bad game that TotalBiscuit and Jim Sterling both made fun of at length) which has the tags:
Buggy
Helps to Have a Map
dishonest developey
false advertising
A better love story than twilight
GOTY

I love this tag system, I hope they keep it.

Barbas

ExQQxv1D1ns
Oct 28, 2013
Well, the people appear to have spoken. Perhaps they can be the effective quality control that Steam needs at the moment.

teebeeohh

Jun 17, 2009
I am not sure if I should be exited or terrified of the th4ef launch, the tags will be both horribly funny and just horrible.

Hut after a few month valve will have removed the offensive ones and merged some and we will just have done their job for them

Weaver

Overcaffeinated
Apr 28, 2008
Yesterday DmC had some great ones:

It's odd cause profanity is supposed to be filtered.

CriticalMiss

Jan 18, 2013
I've seen a few fucked up ones when they were first introduced, like 'Gay Abortion' and 'jews did wtc' but looks like most of the generally offensive ones have been filtered out or something.

Some of the funny ones are every free to play game getting 'Pay to Win', a few mobile games getting 'Overpriced iOS port' and my personal favourite was FFVII's 'Aeris dies'.

GeneralChaos

Dec 3, 2010
For some reason, NBA 2k11 has the SPESS MAHREENS tag, a warhammer 40k reference. Does NBA 2k11 have space marines in it that I was not aware of?

SwimmingRock

Nov 11, 2009
Favourites I've seen so far are "Beard Growing Simulator," which I first found on Deadly Premonition (and then several others amongst which Alpha Protocol) and the perfect description of E.Y.E. Divine Cybermancy:"what the fuck is even going on." That one made my day.

Hagi

Apr 10, 2011
I love the Sociopath Simulator on EvE. Along with spreadsheets of course xD

Mocmocman

Dec 4, 2012
LEON HELP and LEON SAVE ME for Resident Evil 4, and The Mighty Boot! for Necrovision.
The Lunatic said:
Valve seems to be censoring public opinion, a bit of a shame really.
vun said:
Valve seem to be removing the funny ones,
Any evidence that it's Valve removing them, other than "they're not there anymore." ?

The Lunatic

Princess
Jun 3, 2010
Mocmocman said:
LEON HELP and LEON SAVE ME for Resident Evil 4, and The Mighty Boot! for Necrovision.
The Lunatic said:
vun said:
Any evidence that it's Valve removing them, other than "they're not there anymore." ?
Try to tag a bad game as "Bad".

You will get an error.

Mocmocman

Dec 4, 2012
The Lunatic said:
Mocmocman said:
The Lunatic said:
vun said:
Try to tag a bad game as "Bad".

You will get an error.
Ah, okay. Thank you.

Smooth Operator

Oct 5, 2010
Seems Steam has already taken out everything except predetermined "correct" tags, so it was fun for a day but the meme train happily won't persist.

Alleged_Alec

Sep 2, 2008
Boo, Valve. Let people have their fun, I'd say. Just filter all naughty words, remove spoilers and the system would've been great.

Joseph Ashby

Jan 31, 2013
Browsing "Nanomachines, son"

11 games, including Deus Ex, Crysis, E.Y.E, and ... Professional Farmer 2014.

That is some next level farming man.

vrbtny

Elite Member
Sep 16, 2009
Hardcore Tag = Dota 2, Arma III, and Dark Souls.... seems about right

Imperioratorex Caprae

Henchgoat Emperor
May 15, 2010
Mass Effect 2 - Functioning Toilet, Needs Sequel (good one)
Civ 5 - Ghandi did no wrong, Life-Ruiningly Addictive, One More Turn, Anti-Life
Star Wars Battlefront 2 - Darth Vader on a Tauntaun
Resident Evil 5 - Boulder Punching Sim
Dark Souls - Casual
FTL - Procedural Death Labyrinth
Team Fortress Classic - No Hats

Nice. I had to add my own for Darksiders 1 and 2, Zelda Simulator