Hilariously Inappropriate Gym Music

Quazimofo

Aug 30, 2010
So Escapists, at the gym I work at we have a rather large spotify playlist running near-constantly for those patrons who don't bring their own music. Most of it is what you'd expect; rock, metal, modern popular music whose genre escapes me at the moment; but then every now and again something silly comes on that someone put in there such as Barbie Girl or Caramelldansen or the Cantina Band songs.

Personally, I find this hilarious. So tell me Escapees, what are your suggestions for songs hilariously inappropriate for the Gym?

As of now, the list I've assembled so far is (no links for brevity's sake):
Cascada (every time we touch)
Aqua (barbie girl)
Caramell (caramelldansen)
John Williams (Cantina band 1 & 2)
Weird Al Yankovic (everything you know is wrong. considered Albuquerque but it's got enough of a rock track behind the silliness it's still a decent gym track)
The Chordettes (mr sandman. Lollipop)
The Four Tops (I can't help myself)
Mc Mr napkins (the aggressive bee)
The Beards (shaved off his beard)

And a couple of others I had but forgot before I wrote them down.

TakerFoxx

Elite Member
Jan 27, 2011
The first time I ever went to the gym, it was to Babymetal. Which is halfway fitting, I suppose.

I've also worked out to the smooth jams of Ninja Sex Party quite a few times.

KissingSunlight

Molotov Cocktails, Anyone?
Jul 3, 2013
I imagine anything slow, mellow, or chill would be inappropriate for a gym. I would love to see the reaction of people in a gym when Norah Jones starts playing when they are working out.

Someone did mention "Weird Al" Yankovic. It would be cool to see how people (Especially, ones who are trying to lose weight.) would react to his song "Eat It".

OK, I feel like spitballing a list.

Don't Worry, Be Happy - Bobby McFerrin
Any folk protest songs
Drinking Songs
Children music
Classical music

KyuubiNoKitsune-Hime

Lolita Style, The Best Style!
Jan 12, 2010
KissingSunlight said:
Someone did mention "Weird Al" Yankovic. It would be cool to see how people (Especially, ones who are trying to lose weight.) would react to his song "Eat It".
How about Weird Al's "Fat"? That would be awesomely insulting in a gym, especially if there are people there trying to lose weight.

Anyways I only have one other addition that would be pretty funny just because of the dance it would start.

Psy - Gangnam Style.

Edit: hit post count of 1177, last four digits of a phone number I once had.

God'sFist

May 8, 2012
I personally find some of dragon forces tracks to be interesting especially if you try to run to the beat. But if I had to pick a singular song maybe villainous thing by Shafer James.

KissingSunlight

Molotov Cocktails, Anyone?
Jul 3, 2013
KyuubiNoKitsune-Hime said:
KissingSunlight said:
How about Weird Al's "Fat"? That would be awesomely insulting in a gym, especially if there are people there trying to lose weight.

Anyways I only have one other addition that would be pretty funny just because of the dance it would start.

Psy - Gangnam Style.

Edit: hit post count of 1177, last four digits of a phone number I once had.
I can just imagine how much crap "Weird Al" would get if he came out with "Fat" today. I listened to the song recently and still laughed my ass off. If you think about it, it does have fat-positive message. Uh-Oh, I think this could be another thread. So, I'll stop now.

Guffe

Jul 12, 2009
I was once in the middle of a pretty hefty gymset (had heaphones) doing shoulders to Running Free By Iron Maiden. Halfway through the set the song ends only to be continued By The Legend of Zelda Main Theme... all my pump just vanished right there xD

FalloutJack

Bah weep grah nah neep ninny bom
Nov 20, 2008
Anything. Anything that's happening in a gym is inappropriately music'd. Sorry, but gyms just feel wrong for this to me.

lechat

Dec 5, 2012
Queen Michael said:
Toccata and Fugue in D Minor. Please. It's absolutely wonderful.
I have actually worked out to "the fugue" more than once and some of the longer fugues have decent run lengths to time a work out to.

O.T I'd say some of the girlier J-pop would fit the bill. just a quick google

would be cooler if the gym had video

Hazy992

Why does this place still exist
Aug 1, 2010
Morrissey - You're The One For Me, Fatty
KyuubiNoKitsune-Hime said:
KissingSunlight said:
Alternatively, 'You're the One for Me, Fatty' by Morrissey. As a fat guy who goes to the gym this would probably just make me laugh

TheRightToArmBears

Dec 13, 2008
On second thoughts, it's actually sort of appropriate but then again, it's not really appropriate for anyone to listen to, ever. It has the lyric 'French kiss all on my diz-nik' in it, just so you know what you're in for here.

There's that, or Zorba the Greek. Watching people try and keep up with it as it gets faster can only be hilarious.

Cowabungaa

Feb 10, 2008
First one that came to mind:

Every gym patron just furiously trying not to lock eyes with anyone else. Man, there's some good entertainment.
Queen Michael said:
Toccata and Fugue in D Minor. Please. It's absolutely wonderful.
Ohhh, yes. Anything classical really, mostly Baroque I'd say. Bombastic 19th century classical might actually give people appropriate pump, and we can't have that.

Starik20X6

Oct 28, 2009
Oh here we go. In no particular order:

Quellist

Migratory coconut
Oct 7, 2010
True story. I used to attend a gym owned and run by some seriously strange (in a good way) biker types. While they mainly went for power ballards (they were a big weight lifting gym) one guy would slip "Don't Bogart That Joint My Friend" into the playlist whenever he could...never failed to confuse the new guys

w23eer

Mar 13, 2014
"Lazy" by David Byrne, for hopefully obvious reasons. They used to play that one all the time at the gym.