Hindus Criticize Smite For "Trivializing" Their Religion

loa

Jan 28, 2012
Will there be jesus, satan and jehova in this game?
Because they should at least have the balls to go ALL the way.

That includes the pastafari spaghetti god.

Berenzen

Jul 9, 2011
Triforceformer said:
So unless I see Jesus Christ, the Jewish God's forms and whatever Muslims got going on rocking it with Agni and Kali in Right Lane, I am not giving Hi-Rez a red cent for pure hypocrisy and disrespect to something so many people hold dear. Either offend everyone or don't bother.
Considering it's free to play, you won't have to give them a penny.

In all seriousness, I do think that they should be adding figures from Christian, Jewish and Muslim mythologies, and they are being a little hypocritical not adding them.

The Human Torch

Sep 12, 2010
Richardplex said:
The Human Torch said:
Richardplex said:
Berenzen said:

Make it happen Hi-Rez.
Nail should be in his wrist, factually inaccurate. Otherwise that is the best thing I've seen all day.
Well, new evidence suggests that crucifictions have had the nails in the palm. They used a combination of rape and nails to keep the victim up. .
Okay, I'm not an expert or anything, but they used what to keep what up? Images are coming to mind which I do not want.
Hah, that's hilarious. I blame all those damned articles about rape that seem to be popping up here! :p

Anyway, typo is fixed now.

Triforceformer

Jun 16, 2009
Berenzen said:
Triforceformer said:
So unless I see Jesus Christ, the Jewish God's forms and whatever Muslims got going on rocking it with Agni and Kali in Right Lane, I am not giving Hi-Rez a red cent for pure hypocrisy and disrespect to something so many people hold dear. Either offend everyone or don't bother.
I know, but they still aren't getting anything.

Rednog

Nov 3, 2008
Berenzen said:
Triforceformer said:

In all seriousness, I do think that they should be adding figures from Christian, Jewish and Muslim mythologies, and they are being a little hypocritical not adding them.
Why is it hypocritical if it doesn't fit the game? I mean have you looked at the current roster of "gods"?
You have a dragon, spider, ice giant, cat, etc. Npc ranging from a phoenix, minotaur, ogres...the Christian/Jewish/Muslim religions really don't have...for lack of a better word as "exotic" gods as the C/J/M religions do.
Maybe throw in a common one to them all, but to throw in a slew of redundant human looking "gods".

Azuaron

Mar 17, 2010
Lethos said:
darkstone said:
Now lets see if the devs have the balls to make Jesus a playable character.
I was wondering this. They seem to be trying to avoid the giant elephant in the room.
Please tell me that's an intentional Ganesha pun.

Nalgas D. Lemur

Nov 20, 2009
Morti said:
Richardplex said:
Berenzen said:

Make it happen Hi-Rez.
Nail should be in his wrist, factually inaccurate. Otherwise that is the best thing I've seen all day.
Ditto here. If they're not limiting themselves to dead religions then let's get some Jesus/Yahweh action in there.
As soon as I saw the slash in there, the first thing I thought was having the whole trinity as a single character where you can swap them out for each other Pokemon Trainer-in-SSBB-style. Maybe go full Catholic and have the Pope in the place of the Pokemon Trainer. I kind of want to see that happen.

iniudan

Apr 27, 2011
Why haven't they been offended by Shiva in FF series yet ? She been in every FF since the third one. The only thing more recursive then her are chocobo.

Lethos

Dec 9, 2010
Azuaron said:
Lethos said:
darkstone said:
Now lets see if the devs have the balls to make Jesus a playable character.
I was wondering this. They seem to be trying to avoid the giant elephant in the room.
Please tell me that's an intentional Ganesha pun.
I want to say yes, but then I'd be lying.

Wintermoot

Aug 20, 2009
where,nt these the same guys that complained about Brahmin in FO3?
also playable Flying Spaghetti monster

antipunt

Jan 3, 2009
Schadrach said:
Morti said:
Richardplex said:
Berenzen said:

Make it happen Hi-Rez.
Ditto here. If they're not limiting themselves to dead religions then let's get some Jesus/Yahweh action in there.
Yahweh is OP -- he gets to be invisible. =p

Seriously though, let's see Jesus, and the Devil, and so on.

Either you only use dead religions gods, or you can offend the Abrahamic faiths just as much as everyone else.
OMG omg; this is freaking amazing.

Why has no one thought of this yet?!

i'm sorry but a CROSS CANNON?! So OP!

Albino Boo

Jun 14, 2010
Stripes said:
albino boo said:
All these gaming studious being hip and gritty to make a controversy by insulting a group that won't hit back becomes somewhat tiresome. I would praise them if them made Mohamed a player character but of course that means they might have to risk their life. Like all playground bullies they can dish it out, but run away from anything that they stand a real risk with.
Why would you praise someone for maing a muhhamed character?

Currently they offending other peoples religions deliberately to create controversy to get themselves free advertising. They are doing that at no risk to themselves, but if they use Mohamed they would be putting their lives in danger. They could then make a legitimate case that its about freedom of expression, but as it they are just making a cheap buck out of insulting someone who won't punch back.

Loop Stricken

Covered in bees!
Jun 17, 2009
antipunt said:
Schadrach said:
Morti said:
Richardplex said:
Berenzen said:

Make it happen Hi-Rez.
Yahweh is OP -- he gets to be invisible. =p

Seriously though, let's see Jesus, and the Devil, and so on.

Either you only use dead religions gods, or you can offend the Abrahamic faiths just as much as everyone else.
OMG omg; this is freaking amazing.

Why has no one thought of this yet?!

i'm sorry but a CROSS CANNON?! So OP!
Well, it was in the Trigun anime, if that counts...

Kerboom

May 3, 2012
Fappy said:
Don Savik said:
Fappy said:
Berenzen said:
Fappy said:
Is this another MOBA? It sounds like another MOBA.
It's a 3rd person MOBA, very similar to LoL in mechanics except for the whole camera angle. A lot of the MOBA players have expressed interest in it as something fun to play other than Dota/LoL.

One problem I have with it is that the combat doesn't feel meaty enough. Playing as Ymir, with his massive ice hammer, it felt like I was hitting people with a empty paper towel roll rather than a hammer.
Well at least they are trying to change up the formula I suppose. Every new MOBA is just a copy of the last, the genre really needs some experimentation.
...what..uh...new Mobas are there besides Dota 2?
LoTR MOBA and the Blizzard MOBA come to mind.
Don't forget Demigod.

Though I really liked Demigod.

I might go play Demigod.

Lonewolfm16

Feb 27, 2012
Wait wait wait Ymir? As in the giant who Odin killed and used his body to create the entire world? Whose brains were made into the clouds, his hairs the trees, his blood the sea, his skull the heavens, his bones the mountains and his skin the dirt? Ok thats it this is officially going on my most anticipated lists icluding obscure but incredible dieties from my favorite religion (norse paganism) qualifies you as awesome in my book. Also i wonder if any Hindus objected to Mama-ji from American Gods (awesome book by the way) then again that might be a little less offensive. Cant wait to play Thor vs Athena and Baldur vs jesus.

Lonewolfm16

Feb 27, 2012
Berenzen:

Triforceformer:

Why is it hypocritical if it doesn't fit the game? I mean have you looked at the current roster of "gods"?
You have a dragon, spider, ice giant, cat, etc. Npc ranging from a phoenix, minotaur, ogres...the Christian/Jewish/Muslim religions really don't have...for lack of a better word as "exotic" gods as the C/J/M religions do.
Maybe throw in a common one to them all, but to throw in a slew of redundant human looking "gods".

Agreed I mean what powers would you give Jesus? He just wasnt much for cool powers or fighting and what about Yaweh, he is invincible, so that would suck. What we really need is for cultures with cool warrior gods with clear disinct traits and powers that arent all-powerful. Hoping to play as Odin, Tyr, Thor, Freyr, Frejya, Heimdall, and Loki. Mabey since they went with the more obscure Ymir we might even get Hermod or Braggi.