Hitman: Absolution Teaser Is Precisely That

scar_47

Sep 25, 2010
Sweet I've been loooking forward to the next hitman game for a while, the new dues ex shows how good they are at games like this. I'm wondering what new features that they'll add improving on the new elements from blood money the weapon modding and accidental kills along with the reputaion system all seem like an easy thing to due. Can't wait another game to go through and figure how to get SA on every mission and then attempting to shoot my way through a level.

Antari

Music Slave
Nov 4, 2009
If they want me to take a look at it they are going to have to include atleast SOME gameplay. This is just as bad as the trailer just being the opening CGI sequences for the game.

Dr. wonderful

Dec 31, 2009
OH MY GOD.

*Fangirl mode* SQUEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!

Will there be awesome missions?! Will he go back to America? (WE LOVE YA 47, COME BACK TO AMERICA!) Are there hand-to-hand combat!? Ninjas/ Will we see that prostiute 47 saved from Contracts? How about Agent smith? Diana is friend or foe.

Please keep on giving out info as it's arrive.

sheic99

Oct 15, 2008
Onyx Oblivion said:
EcksTeaSea said:
Onyx Oblivion said:
EcksTeaSea said:
Onyx Oblivion said:
Should anyone have any faith in IO after K&L2?
Every Hitman except 3 are really damn good. Totally worth playing through at least once. They get better with each one.
All I played was the first 3 levels of Blood Money.

>_>

I didn't enjoy it very much. But not because it was bad. Just not my thing.
Ah shame. Just hoping IO redeems themselves after Kane and Lynch. Haven't led me wrong with Hitman that much yet.
A lot's happened since Blood Money, though. People have come and gone, I've gotten good at stealth games, and games in general have become faster-paced.

We'll see how it turns out. I might like this game, really. I should give BM another shot. >_>
I've always felt that viewing Hitman as a Stealth game was the wrong idea. They're more like a puzzle game, but the solution is always murder.

Felgy76

Oct 29, 2008
Doom-Slayer said:
Cherry Cola said:
What's that at the end?

Pardon me if I'm wrong, but that sounds like a date to me
7th of June 2011. Opening day of E3 apparently :)
Usually when a date is formatted like that it would represent 6th of July, 2011.

Dectilon

Sep 20, 2007
Blood Money is incredibly good. Anyone who hasn't played it should give it a try.

That said, IO has created an incredibly finicky character to write for. He's not a hero, he's not really a villain and he was made to be cold and emotionless. Not exactly the best material to work with. I do think there is a few ways to do it right, but there's an incredible amount of ways to do it wrong. If we assume they won't use any of the stuff from the Hitman movie then we've weeded out at least one set of terrible ideas. I don't think they're up to the task honestly, but they're welcome to try.

Personally I was never concerned with the story. It's fairly minimalistic and didn't distract from the missions even when the missions were plot related. I for one welcome an attempt at writing a stronger story, but I won't do more than shrug if it turns out awful. I'll be too busy feeding poisoned sausages to yappy dogs, setting up grill-related accidents and stealing people's clothes to notice.

Podunk

Dec 18, 2008
You guys! Come on! A snake coiled around a gun? A SNAKE!? Clearly this means Agent 47 will be hunting down solid snake- the most dangerous target of all!

Seriously though, it could happen. He was in Smash Brothers, after all.

(And no, I'm not actually serious about this. Well, mostly.)

Scabadus

Wrote Some Words
Jul 16, 2009
Dr. wonderful said:
Will there be awesome missions?! ... How about Agent smith?
It's still called "Hitman." (This is a good thing!)

First I've heard about this game, it's been way too long since Blood Money. I still play that game quite often and occasionally even find new ways of completing missions, can't wait until the new one.

Also, anyone else notice that the model quality of 47's hand is a lot lower than the quality of the snake? An in-game model perhaps? If that's the model we get to play with I'll be very pleased (I know I just said it was low but it was an extreme close-up on his fingers; quality won't be perfect and games often use a higher quality hand/weapon model for first person mode).

Gildan Bladeborn

Aug 11, 2009
Onyx Oblivion said:
EcksTeaSea said:
Onyx Oblivion said:
Every Hitman except 3 are really damn good. Totally worth playing through at least once. They get better with each one.
All I played was the first 3 levels of Blood Money.

>_>

I didn't enjoy it very much. But not because it was bad. Just not my thing.
Out of curiosity, could you perhaps elaborate on why it wasn't your thing? What was it you went into the game looking for?

As a fan of the series since I first fired up the demo for the original entry in the franchise, I can tell you that the first game was great but rough around the edges (with some levels that were clearly not as inspired as others), the sequel was bloody phenomenal and an improvement on the original in every way, Contracts was every bit as mechanically sound as Silent Assassin but suffered a bit from how it was basically just a series of unrelated (albeit interesting) flashbacks (some of which were re-interpretations of missions from the first game, which while well done were also not going to win points for originality), and Blood Money is freaking fantastic and the best game in the series by a fair margin.

So I can pretty much guarantee that you're going to hate Absolution if it's anything like what the series is supposed to be like (i.e., Blood Money), which brings me back to my question: What was it about the game that put you off?

Darquenaut

Feb 22, 2010
Welcome back, Agent 47. We've missed you.

Seriously though, Despite iO's last outing with K&L, I have high hopes for this game, even if it's just my blind nostalgia from all of the previous games. I'm just hoping they keep to the main core concept of the original games - taking out a target or targets without drawing attention to yourself and doing it as secretively as possible- and not make it into a standard 3rd-person shooter. I would also be nice to see other elements such as (vastly) improved AI, and maybe various NPC character builds so not EVERYONE's clothing fits 47 perfectly.

Also, for anyone who needs a little bit more into Agent 47's psyche, I strongly suggest playing both Hitman 2 and also reading the novel (yes, there is a novel), Hitman: Enemy Within. Good stuff, both.

Cipher1

Feb 28, 2011
At last a new Hitman game, so long as they stick to the old formula of more interactive levels, more ways to kill target, better AI, more epic music and slightly better graphics I dont see why I wouldn't like this.

ChromeAlchemist

Aug 21, 2008
Pretty crap teaser, but at least we know it's coming.
Irridium said:
Onyx Oblivion said:

I've never been a Hitman fan before, then again, I've only played the first 3 levels of Blood Money...but IO just made one of the most poorly reviewed and received games of last year.
Well, they did make Freedom Fighters... so yeah.

Hopefully Kane and Lynch 2 was just an isolated incident.

I really hope it was.
You know what they haven't fucking made? Freedom Fighters 2.

And now I start my day angry. Time to punch something.

beema

Aug 19, 2009
Man, teaser trailers are getting more and more cryptic.

47 being caught in a conspiracy? Nah, that never happens. Except in Hitman 1-4.

I used to be a colossal fan of this series, but these days I have almost no faith in IO Interactive. Kane & Lynch (both of them) were such giant piles of crap that any studio responsible for developing them doesn't deserve the least bit of respect.
On top of that, the last Hitman game, Blood Money, had a game-breaking bug that IO never patched, which really pissed me off along with a lot of other people on the IO forums.

Also, when I bought Blood Money, I unwittingly bought a bootlegged version.
Being the nice guy that I am, I reported it to IO and helped them take down the guy who sold it.
Didn't get so much as a Thank You in return.
humbug

GiantRaven

Dec 5, 2010
beema said:
On top of that, the last Hitman game, Blood Money, had a game-breaking bug that IO never patched, which really pissed me off along with a lot of other people on the IO forums.
What game-breaking bug?

beema

Aug 19, 2009
GiantRaven said:
What game-breaking bug?
Crash to black screen. A lot of people were reporting it on the IO forums, even after the 1.1 patch. They never patched it again though.

GiantRaven

Dec 5, 2010
beema said:
Crash to black screen. A lot of people were reporting it on the IO forums, even after the 1.1 patch. They never patched it again though.
Ah, that sucks. =(

I guess that must be PC only? I never encountered anything like that on the ps2 or 360.

beema

Aug 19, 2009
GiantRaven said:
Ah, that sucks. =(

I guess that must be PC only? I never encountered anything like that on the ps2 or 360.
oh yeah, PC only
I forgot it was multi platform

beema

Aug 19, 2009
EcksTeaSea said:
Really? I loved Contracts. I liked it more than Blood Money actually. My only wish was that they also re-made the Columbian jungle levels.

sheic99 said:
I've always felt that viewing Hitman as a Stealth game was the wrong idea. They're more like a puzzle game, but the solution is always murder.
LOL
that was great