Hitman: Substitution

Geo Da Sponge

May 14, 2008
Somethingfake said:
"Everybody's dead, Dave." Sorry first thing to pop in to my head.
Great, and now I'm imagining Kryten as Agent 47.

"I'm going to come around behind you now, sir. I'm coming around behind you to take you by surprise, sir. You may get an unpleasant sensation of chloroform. Don't be alarmed."

Vie

Nov 18, 2009
Zachary Amaranth said:
I didn't know this was really a thing. That in itself is hilarious.

Also, does 47 know how to cook?
He's "cooked" Fugu before...

Never said it was GOOD Fugu, but he did make it.

gigastar

Insert one-liner here.
Sep 13, 2010
Zachary Amaranth said:
His culinary skills go about as far as "take finished foodstuff and garnish with some form of poison".

Truth be told its all he really ever needs.

Imp_Emissary

Mages Rule, and Dragons Fly!
Legacy
May 2, 2011
Country
United States
I actually just heard about this grievance just recently in a review. Not much more I can say.

:) Funny comic. Thanks.

Imp_Emissary

Legacy
May 2, 2011
Country
United States
DTWolfwood said:
Funny i didnt notice the chef either till after i read the sub text :p
No one even seems to notice the help. At least that's what the chef in Skyrim said.
>_> Or did he......

Imp_Emissary

Legacy
May 2, 2011
Country
United States
DTWolfwood said:
erttheking said:
Oh God, I didn't realize that the chef had been replaced until I looked again. Heh.
XMark said:
Haha, I also didn't notice 47 in the last panel until I read the text below. I would totally fail as a bodyguard.
>_> Hmmmm...

By chance, do you all not know how to cook?

Darth_Payn

Aug 5, 2009
What you did in the 3rd panel: I saw it and liked it.

captcha: DISH and The Hopper
The all-new police Action/Adventure, coming this winter on ABC!

Norix596

Nov 2, 2010
This system was implemented a lot more naturally in Hitman 2 - disguising yourself as a bodyguard in a remote mafia mansion was hard, and don't even try to do so from withing 50 feet in the Yakuza fortress, but if you've got a disguise with your face covered or in a busy area with lots of people and you're just one of hundreds of deployed soldiers it works.

Sheo_Dagana

Aug 12, 2009
This bothers the hell out of me. Especially when the Chicago Police officers start instantly hassling you from a crazy distance away. At one point, you can even hear one of the cops saying multiple precincts will be coming to help. "Hey! You. I don't recognize you..." It's Chicago, asshole! You're bound to not know SOMEONE.

The disguise system needed to be nerfed a little, but this is slightly ridiculous. I don't even bother with disguises. It just causes unnecessary headaches. Plus - Suit Only bonus.

That said, I seriously love this game, despite the goofiness of the disguises.

XMark

Jan 25, 2010
Yeah, the disguise system was a good idea in theory, but they should have kind of scaled the recognition factor according to the costumes, and according to how many there were dressed like that on the map. I totally understand a plumber recognizing that I'm not part of his small team of plumbers or whatever. But when there's dozens of guards in a level they would more realistically just assume that you're the new guy on the job if they notice anything about you at all. Also, this one level I dressed as a scientist with a Breaking Bad style yellow suit and face mask - I feel that I should have been less recognizable in that outfit.

Rednog

Nov 3, 2008
I don't get this complaint from critics, in any work environment you're going to have a good idea of everyone who has the same job as you. For example I work in a hospital lab, if I saw a guy walking around wearing a lab coat and I didn't know him I'd be suspicious, if I saw a guy dressed as a delivery man or a doctor I probably wouldn't give it another thought.

Ragnarok2kx

Nov 18, 2009
Funny thing, there's an experiment when they have the subject talking to some clerk behind a desk that tells them to fill a form. Then he goes under the counter to grab something, and a second clerk with a different shirt/haircut/etc pops up to present the item. About half of the people in the study didn't notice the change.

EDIT: Couldn't find it on youtube, but here's a similar one:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vBPG_OBgTWg

Icehearted

Jul 14, 2009
Thank you for adding Vitiligo to my vocabulary.

I've also felt the same about the disguise system going back to the first game. i get that it's a gimmick, but he looks out of place no matter his disguise. Like he's just popped into places to photo-bomb people or something.

The Random One

May 29, 2008
DTWolfwood said:
Me neither! Maybe... maybe I am a character in a hitman game? OH GOD IDENTIFY YOURSELF

Starke

Mar 6, 2008
bificommander said:
I guess it would be very hard to program, and even more difficult to play, a realistic system where every NPC has a level of familiarity with each NPC and NPC group. We'll always use approximations, and sometimes they lead to hillarious results such as these. It's fine.
No, no, that would be remarkably easy. In fact that's what Hitman does already. There aren't individual NPCs, there ARE NPC classes: Bodyguard, Chef, Squirrel Mascot, ect. The higher the familiarity, the faster they'll recognize an impostor. The problem is, Hitman: Absolution sets all those relationships as +600% to their own members, and 0% modifier to everyone else's. But the game, as it exists, supports the concept you're describing.

weirdee

Swamp Weather Balloon Gas
Apr 11, 2011
gigastar said:
Zachary Amaranth said:
His culinary skills go about as far as "take finished foodstuff and garnish with some form of poison".

Truth be told its all he really ever needs.
yep, not a single complaint from the customers

course, not much else from the customers

Lotet

Aug 28, 2009
uhh, I'm pretty sure that in the first mission, if you take the Chef's outfit the guards or their boss will will say something along the lines of "I didn't know the Chef got a new apprentice, nobody tells me anything around here"