Hoax or Horror Story Come to Life? Video Captures Haunted Puppet

Hero of Lime

Staaay Fresh!
Jun 3, 2013
Most likely doctored. Bringing up the potential for a promotion with a movie about haunted dolls sure makes it suspicious.

In the really small event this could be real, and there is a possessed doll that looks super creepy already, and it happens to strangle folk?!

FalloutJack

Bah weep grah nah neep ninny bom
Nov 20, 2008
...and then there was a creepy doll!

Nah, not buying it. I mean, ventriloquism is the art of haunting a puppet with a projected voice, and that's not supernatural at all. That's talent. So, kudos to talent, but ghosts need a far more convincing medium.

Objectable

Oct 31, 2013
Super duper creepypasta.exe teims!
"And the doll falling had HYPER REALISTIC PHYSICSS AND BLOOD AND GUTS AND STUFF!"

ritchards said:
I got stuff on my shelves that fall over all the time. It's called 'moving around due to me stomping on the floor until it reaches an inevitable tipping point'.

...does this mean I'm the ghost?
https://cicisrant.files.wordpress.com/2015/07/dead-people.gif

Bat Vader

Mar 11, 2009
Even though I know it isn't haunted I always find stuff like this interesting. I love reading creepypastas, watching paranormal investigation shows, and stuff like Marble Hornets because it gives me the creeps and it's kinda a fun feeling to have.

Vigormortis

Nov 21, 2007
...a paranormal investigator...
...a haunted puppet moving on its own...
...the Daily Mail...
...inherited it after his father passed away...
...an apparition had somehow attached itself to the doll...
...even claiming to have awoken one night to the sensation of being choked...
...a sealed glass case blessed with holy water...
Yeah. My eyes glazed over reading this story. And then I watched the video...

I haven't laughed this hard all week. Are people seriously losing their minds over this as if it somehow proves the bullshit assertion that the "supernatural" are real phenomenon?

Cowabungaa

Feb 10, 2008
What is this crap doing in the news section? C'mon guys, The Escapist can do better than re-post Daily Mail bullshit. Surely there's more interesting things going on in the world of geek-related topics.

crazygameguy4ever

Jul 2, 2012
JaredJones" post="7.880976.22186577 said:
Hoax or Horror Story Come to Life? Video Captures Haunted Puppet

Look, I'll be the first to admit that I have always been a sceptic when it comes to the paranormal. Seeing is believing, after all, and in today's age of digital trickery, "Ghost Hunters" (which might just be the dumbest reality show of them all).

"How can you call ghost hunters the dumbest reality show of them all? it's the only one that used legitimate ways to go about investigating things.. the dumbest ghost hunting reality show of them all is obviously Ghost adventures.. it's so fake it's not even funny.

Lightspeaker

Dec 31, 2011
Apparently the Daily Mail is now a legitimate source of news? What?

chocolate pickles said:
It's daily mail. Of course it's a crock of shit. This is the same paper that has a list of of the things that cause cancer.
More specifically if you write down all of the things the Daily Fail has claimed causes cancer and put it alongside a list of the things it claims prevents cancer you'll see a surprising amount of overlap.

Kenjitsuka said:
ritchards said:
I got stuff on my shelves that fall over all the time. It's called 'moving around due to me stomping on the floor until it reaches an inevitable tipping point'.

...does this mean I'm the ghost?
"WHAT A TWIST!"
Also: "The ghost was in you all along!" ;)
In Soviet Russia YOU haunt ghosts.

K12

Dec 28, 2012
A THING MOVED. THIS CHANGES EVERYTHING!

This is so underwhelming that it probably isn't even fake.

Mikeybb

Nunc est Durandum
Aug 19, 2014
Zachary Amaranth said:
Mikeybb said:
So, I'm not the only one disappointed something didn't jump at the screen before the end?

I think jumpscare games have ruined me.
And not just because you're missing your frontal lobe.
I knew I should have read the Origin eula more closely.
Scrolled on through, "yeah yeah, agree agree." then next thing I know Andrew Wilson is coming at me with a pair of forceps and everything went black.

Rad Party God

Party like it's 2010!
Feb 23, 2010
I'm all for paranormal stuff, but... Yeah, even I admit this is a silly case of "gravity is spooky y'all!".

AJvsRonin

Nov 11, 2010
An Ceannaire said:
VanQ said:
Why is this in the news section? Is there a rule against contributors just posting mundane stuff like this in Off Topic?
What do you expect? This site is quickly transforming into clickbait central. The "News" section in particular is becoming a joke. Seriously, have a look at the latest 3 pages of news articles - it's almost like Buzzfeed.
They already stated in the podcast. They're intentionally turning the escapist into buzzfeed. Because buzzfeed is more profitable.
Cmon, get on the bandwagon! Never mind that they'll be late to the party in what is already an insanely competitive business model, while at the same time burning their current fans.

It's numbers vs. engagement. The escapist went from low numbers/high engagement of fans and has decided to go with high numbers/low engagement.

At this point they couldn't hold a con if they tried and you could pay most readers to attend.