Hobbies

Socius

Dec 26, 2008
Hobbies, we all have one, at least. Don't we? some write, some draw and some collect pictures of random peoples arse. but What is your hobby? what do you do, to relax? to get away from work and school, and I would like if you could avoid saying, gaming or such.

xitel

Assume That I Hate You.
Aug 13, 2008
TV, gaming, internet, chatting, books, eating, spicing.

s0denone

Apr 25, 2008
Cooking.

I'm damn good at it.

Oh, and reading, writing, debating, learning, soccer and fighting.

FalloutJack

Bah weep grah nah neep ninny bom
Nov 20, 2008
Gaming isn't a hobby. Hobbies are a little more involved than playing a game. It's not your hobby to go see a movie, hang out with your friends, or whatnot. It's just fun.

So...me then? Well...

Reading might be a hobby for me, I guess. I think exploring is a better one. I walk around quite a bit and find my way into places I haven't been before, just 'cause. I also like to take a few risks, here and there, for a bit of adrenaline.

Ursus Astrorum

Mar 20, 2008
Writing, reading, acting, music (acoustic and electric guitar, bass guitar, violin, keyboard, singing, looking to get a saxophone and a theremin), tabletop gaming, hiking, and cooking.

My free time is well-spent.

NekoAnastasia

Jan 16, 2009
In addition to writing (roleplaying<3), reading a lot, gaming and so forth, I also really love make-up. That's probably a bizarre combination, but make-up and tech are my two greatest loves, I run a blog equally devoted to both.

CAB_IV

Oct 15, 2008
Gaming i'm not sure i count as a hobby. I have a real hobby though, its the world's greatest hobby!

Your hobbies can't hold a candle to this one. I've been building this 4x8 table top layout for about 5 years, and i've still got a long ways to go. My collection includes 60 locomotives, and over a hundred different freight cars and passenger cars. I focus on New Jersey between the early 70s to the present (which includes Conrail, NJ transit, and Amtrak).

I built the overhead wires in this picture from scratch. Metal is tough to work with, and i didn't have a power tool that could drill small enough holes, so i had to built it all by hand. Its time consuming but worth it. The locomotive is a brass (as in expensive and collectible) E44, for those of you who know trains.

These are my recent additions to my roster.

I enjoy detailing and building the locomotives the most. For those in the know, this is an E60MA, and it took considerable modification to build. Here is the finished model

it looked like this when i started.

I also like adding little scenes. This scene is pretty recent, i only did it last month.

Yeah, Its pretty rewarding, if you have the space for it. Its not for everyone, but the hobby lets you explore so many different things. You need to be an engineer (electrical, mechanical, etc.), an artist, a storyteller, and you need an imagination.

Window shoppers

the big City

Parting shot!

yeah, i'm really enthusiastic about the hobby.

Puppeteer Putin

Jan 3, 2009
xitel said:
TV, gaming, internet, chatting, books, eating, spicing.
You spice thing...?

Music, especially performing (was in 4 orchestras last year, wasn't such a brilliant idea in hindsight); graphics design; building PCs... when I have the money; visiting museums and galleries; reading up on politics, economics, history,...

And spicing.

EDIT: I was train Ninja'd.

NekoAnastasia

Jan 16, 2009
CAB_IV said:
Gaming i'm not sure i count as a hobby. I have a real hobby though, its the world's greatest hobby!

Your hobbies can't hold a candle to this one. I've been building this 4x8 table top layout for about 5 years, and i've still got a long ways to go.
This sort of reminds me of Channel 4 report on Giantism I saw, where this guy spent about 5 years building a perfect miniature replica of his home town and house, just to film his tall Scandanavian girlfriend stomp on it in high heels...

Er, not that I'm saying those are your plans for the model, though.

Jumpman

Sep 4, 2008
Drawing, digital art, Dnd, and cooking. hanging out with my girlfriend certainly isnt a hobby, but I do spend alot of time doing it.

CAB_IV

Oct 15, 2008
NekoAnastasia said:
CAB_IV said:

Your hobbies can't hold a candle to this one. I've been building this 4x8 table top layout for about 5 years, and i've still got a long ways to go.
This sort of reminds me of Channel 4 report on Giantism I saw, where this guy spent about 5 years building a perfect miniature replica of his home town and house, just to film his tall Scandanavian girlfriend stomp on it in high heels...

Er, not that I'm saying those are your plans for the model, though.
lol, i am tall and 3/4 scandinavian (1/4 irish), and to be honest, i think i'm going to be building another layout soon, so maybe thats a viable option for me!