Holiday Buyer's Guide 2010

The Escapist Staff

Jul 10, 2006
Holiday Buyer's Guide 2010

We've been good boys and girls this year. Now it's time to start asking for stuff!

Read Full Article

AvsJoe

Elite Member
May 28, 2009
I don't know which I like most: DR2, the Zod poster, or the Enterprise pizza cutter. Great list, guys!

Brotherofwill

Jan 25, 2009
Dead Rising 2? Little Johnny's gonna be dissapointed this year.

A little too many of the oddball suggestions for my taste. Modelling guide looks cool, although reading the lovelingly written Gerber knife guide was creepy as hell. I didn't know you could have an affectionate relationship with a knife.

Whoever wrote the bit about 2k11 is a genious.

Now if only 2K would make a game focused on Larry Bird and not that showoff Jordan...
Truer words have never been spoken. I can just imagine it:

Larry Bird running out on the pitch in the finals, turning around to the player and saying: "Are you ready Magic?".

2k13 could be focused around LeBron, except this time you hear crickets in the intro.

HentMas

The Loneliest Jedi
Apr 17, 2009
I loved the pizza cutter

and the fact that the store page gives you "475" geek points hahaha

EDIT: i was checking the page... i LOVE all those things that they are selling

there is an enterprise bottle oppener "200" geek points and a klingon Korkscrew with another "200" hahahaha

Jan 23, 2009
Russ said:
Anyone who wishes they could have mouse/keyboard level of precision in console-based FPS gaming needs a set of these.
It will still feel like I'm aiming/moving with controls similar to a crane!

Still I approve. =D

sooperman

Partially Awesome at Things
Feb 11, 2009
I already have knives, but I don't have a Bear Gyrlls survival knife. Looks like one more for the wish list.

Sneaklemming said:
Russ said:
Anyone who wishes they could have mouse/keyboard level of precision in console-based FPS gaming needs a set of these.

Still I approve. =D
Anyone who wishes they could have mouse/keyboard level of precision in console-based FPS gaming clearly has never played an FPS with a mouse and keyboard. I might pick up a pair of the FPS Freek attachments, but I certainly hope they don't swing my camera around like it's perched on an excitable dog.

feather240

Jul 16, 2009
The Gentleman said:
cairocat said:
Escapist, I am dissapoint at this list.
I know. They had a prime opportunity to hawk their own shirts and hats and totally didn't take the opportunity...
Yet somehow I can't help but feel they're making a little cash of this list. Hmmm? :p

Sn1P3r M98

May 30, 2010
Already got the Bear Grylls Survival Knife. It's a damn nice knife, to be honest. You really get your money's worth.

gsf1200

Oct 22, 2008
What a bunch of crap! I would be highly disappointed if I received almost anything on this list. (Well, maybe the pizza cutter)

Owlslayer

Nov 26, 2009
That pizza cutter is damn awesome.
Some of the other stuff on the list were pretty nice, too, but i didn't really see anything i would want (well, except the Enterprise)

Jan 23, 2009
sooperman said:
I already have knives, but I don't have a Bear Gyrlls survival knife. Looks like one more for the wish list.

Sneaklemming said:
Russ said:

Still I approve. =D
Anyone who wishes they could have mouse/keyboard level of precision in console-based FPS gaming clearly has never played an FPS with a mouse and keyboard. I might pick up a pair of the FPS Freek attachments, but I certainly hope they don't swing my camera around like it's perched on an excitable dog.
It doesn't even matter - even if you did jury rig a mouse and keyboard to work on console shooters you'd be frustrated at the inaccuracy of the weapons.

Console shooters design their weapon spray differently so that precision isn't really possible for the majority of weapons.

If you don't believe me check out the development of Bad Company 2 on PC and Consoles. The Major change is that the PC weapons are more accurate.

Rogue 9

I, Jedi
Jun 22, 2008
That TARDIS cookie jar is pretty cool, but personally I prefer this one [http://www.forbiddenplanet.co.uk/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=31522].

I would've gotten it for my mum for her birthday earlier this year, but I'd've needed to sell an organ or two to pay for the shipping =(

Fasckira

Dice Tart
Oct 22, 2009
The list is deffo more geek than gamer. Pretty good stuff but nothing I would be leaping over the moon about.

I think I was expecting top 10 games coming out in time for Christmas.

Hamster at Dawn

It's Hazard Time!
Mar 19, 2008
Love the pizza cutter. I may have to get myself some of those thumbstick extensions too, they could prove to be an invaluable purchase.

Aptspire

Mar 13, 2008
Rogue 9 said:
That TARDIS cookie jar is pretty cool, but personally I prefer this one [http://www.forbiddenplanet.co.uk/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=31522].

I would've gotten it for my mum for her birthday earlier this year, but I'd've needed to sell an organ or two to pay for the shipping =(
I like the TARDIS (for it's easy to pick/clean shape), but that Dalek would protect my cookies with the threat of extermination :D
good idea for the latest season's DVD, too
and, of course, The Strike Freedom Gundam :D

Redlin5_v1legacy

Better Red than Dead
Aug 5, 2009
I want the TARDIS cookie jar! Mmmm.... Spacial distortion!

The Pizza cutter too looks awesome.

Time to make up my wish list :D