Holy hell. Photoshop is about to become even more amazing.

Trivun

Stabat mater dolorosa
Dec 13, 2008
Loving that feature. I use GIMP rather than Photoshop though, so my use of that (which would help me a lot) will be limited to if the GIMP developers are able to implement this in their next updates or the next version of GIMP... :(

DividedUnity

Oct 19, 2009
Small Waves said:
DividedUnity said:
I have a feeling this is going to be really expensive
Photoshop already has a $1000+ pricetag on it. Don't expect this one to be any cheaper.
I know that. I mean I have a feeling its gonna be even more expensive on realise than it normally is. I can see them milking this feature for a good bit of money

thenumberthirteen

Unlucky for some
Dec 19, 2007
OMFG!!!!

Techno sorcery! Never before have I seen anything even close to that. It must be fake. I mean that last one! He basically added Mountains automatically.

Caligulove

Sep 25, 2008
Wow... this will also make discerning fake images harder...

But still, the coding and the algorithms needed to make something like that possible is staggering to think about

oppp7

Aug 29, 2009
I don't really use photos or do much with images, so I'll just stick to MSPaint and Jasc.
Looks cool though. Don't trust images much anymore though.

Aunel

May 9, 2008
I thought you photoshop people could already do this stuff?

I think I should just stay with my bass, and keep far away from complicated stuff like this.

Vigormortis

Nov 21, 2007
o.0

I'm almost speechless. I was willing to believe it at first, but after that road and sky edit, I wouldn't be surprised to find out this was fake. However, if it isn't.....

Damn.

Sneaky-Pie

Sep 22, 2008
Aunel said:
I thought you photoshop people could already do this stuff?

I think I should just stay with my bass, and keep far away from complicated stuff like this.
Oh we always could, but the examples in the video that only took seconds would take some of us hours.

Prof.Wood

Jul 10, 2009
Holy shit this looks good.
its going to cost a lot but it looks like it will be worth it with all the time it will save.

Liesofaparrot

Jun 21, 2009
I do so loathe being the vein of doubt, but I have no idea at all as to how this could be real. I don't mean to say, I think it's fake, rather, I have no concept in my brain that would remotely allow this to be physically possible with nothing more than programming. If this is real, I will be excessively happy. So much less work in photoshop from now on.

Eventidal

Nov 11, 2009
I just did a double-take at the date.
It's not April 1st.

Please tell me how this witchcraft works! I can't even begin to imagine what it's doing, especially in that last pic, to fill in things that aren't even there! @_@
I look at the clouds and expect to see that it fills in the new sections with stuff from what's there. But I see no similarities at all. It looks like a whole picture with a white layer in front of it, and they made it look like that feature was doing something when it was just getting rid of the white layer.

Not that I think they did that and tried to fake us out with it, but I can't even imagine what it could have done to create those clouds and land.

kawaiiamethist

Nov 21, 2009
That is AMAZING! I really hope this isn't fake, I am an amateur photographer and a digital media student, and a feature like this would save me a stupid amount of time.