Holy s**t Batman, My Saved Game is Missing!!!

LawyerScumGhost

Mar 8, 2010
I was really, really enjoying playing Batman Arkham City...that is until I booted it up from STEAM one day to find my 35+ hour game save file had disappeared. Vanished. Well, it exists but is now corrupted due to a bug in the game. If you are playing Arkham City on the PC, YOUR game has this flaw. Go to STEAM or the official Arkham City forum to find out more. The sad thing is that Warner Brothers Entertainment was notified of the problem BEFORE I purchased the game. So, I have been playing with a broken game for 2 months with no warning. If they had let me know that there was a small chance for my game to become unplayable, I would not have purchased the game. Anyone else having this problem?

zombieshark6666

Sep 27, 2011
LawyerScumGhost said:
I was really, really enjoying playing Batman Arkham City...that is until I booted it up from STEAM one day to find my 35+ hour game save file had disappeared. Vanished. Well, it exists but is now corrupted due to a bug in the game. If you are playing Arkham City on the PC, YOUR game has this flaw. Go to STEAM or the official Arkham City forum to find out more. The sad thing is that Warner Brothers Entertainment was notified of the problem BEFORE I purchased the game. So, I have been playing with a broken game for 2 months with no warning. If they had let me know that there was a small chance for my game to become unplayable, I would not have purchased the game. Anyone else having this problem?
Ahem, ahem. ;)

LawyerScumGhost

Mar 8, 2010
I only found out about all of this AFTER my game broke. Warner Brother's knew it was faulty, but sold it anyway. What part of "I have been playing a broken game for 2 months WITH NO WARNING" did you not understand?
Is it now incumbent on me to research the forums of all my games to see if there is a game killing bug that I need to avoid before I start playing?
Next time, try to fully read and comprehend a statement before the snarky response.

evilneko

Fall in line!
Jun 16, 2011
LawyerScumGhost said:
I only found out about all of this AFTER my game broke. Warner Brother's knew it was faulty, but sold it anyway. What part of "I have been playing a broken game for 2 months WITH NO WARNING" did you not understand?
Is it now incumbent on me to research the forums of all my games to see if there is a game killing bug that I need to avoid before I start playing?
Next time, try to fully read and comprehend a statement before the snarky response.
Well, yeah.

It's always been the consumer's responsibility to know whether the product he buys is shit or not. If I go out and buy Duke Nukem Forever, is it really Gearbox's fault that I bought a shit game? Of course not.

targren

May 13, 2009
Zeel said:
[The company] can't get away with shipping out broken buggy games. That's why they have a crapload of quality assurance guys.
Zeel, I'd like to introduce you to my friend, Bethesda Softworks...

Supernova1138

Oct 24, 2011
The PC version of Arkham City has been marred by technical issues from day one, and at this rate they probably aren't getting fixed. Everything from save game erasures, to crashes, to DX11 not functioning properly. Basically no work got done on the game while it was delayed for a month on PC, they just let it sit in the warehouse so they could boost sales of the console version.

All you can really do is not buy anything from Rocksteady or WB Games again, and hope their sales crash and burn.

Guffe

Jul 12, 2009
evilneko said:
Find for me a game of any significant size that is also bug-free.
Warcraft III Frozen Throne!!!
Oh no wait, there's the Crypt Lord who actually sais he's a bug...
[sub]sorry[/sub]

Redingold

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
Mar 28, 2009
Zeel said:
targren said:
Zeel said:
[The company] can't get away with shipping out broken buggy games. That's why they have a crapload of quality assurance guys.
Oh please. I've played Morrowind, Oblivion, and Skyrim. None of them have game breaking bugs. a few minor quirks yes. To be expected with a game that size and multiple quests. People who complain about how BUGGY IT IS. are just idiots. I get through the game just fine, my games aren't riddled with bugs.
Yeah, there's no game breaking bugs like this [http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pS7ps4_bsl0] in Skyrim!

Hang on, something's amiss here...

Pb Zeppelin

Aug 5, 2010
This happened to me with the 360 bug. RIGHT AFTER I beat the game and turned off the Xbox for a few hours.

Lunar Templar

Sep 20, 2009
lucky bastards, i can't even save my game due to GFWL, for what ever reason my account is locked, no, i really don't know why its locked

Zack1501

Mar 22, 2011
Zeel said:
targren said:
Zeel said:
Oh please. I've played Morrowind, Oblivion, and Skyrim. None of them have game breaking bugs. a few minor quirks yes. To be expected with a game that size and multiple quests. People who complain about how BUGGY IT IS. are just idiots. I get through the game just fine, my games aren't riddled with bugs.
You sir are the most lucky Elderscrolls player in the world then. I have been attacked by flying guards waving there arms in the are and have almost died stepping on bucket and eternally traped in azuras star.
http://forums.bethsoft.com/topic/1297205-unofficial-buglist/http://elderscrolls.wikia.com/wiki/Bugs_(Skyrim)
Read that^^^ and tell me I'm an idiot for saying ITS SUPER BUGGY. I love the game and its completely worth buying, but dam that games buggy!

Zack1501

Mar 22, 2011
Wow that sucks! I hope my save file is still there. I haven't played in a while but I had most riddler trophies. how does it happen?