Home Of The Underdogs Goes Under

ffxfriek

Apr 3, 2008
StartRunning said:
I didn't go there often, but I always appreciated it. For, you know, just being there for me.
i too shed a man tear i will tatoo the logo on my arm i swear

Art Axiv

Cultural Code-Switcher
Dec 25, 2008
Captain Blackout said:
raxiv said:
Fuck.

Now I will have to pay for oldies :/ Old games should be counted as our cultural goods and history.
Start a political movement. Call up the pirate party (yes, they really exist, look 'em up. I'm a card carrying member.)

If you can get old games politically recognized (good luck) or some such as cultural history, you might find a way to continue preservation ad infinitum.
About 90% of that stuff was Abondonware and none gave a shit for them. It's not like we need a political movement to preserve our history, that is an overkill.

Captain Blackout

Feb 17, 2009
raxiv said:
Captain Blackout said:
raxiv said:
Fuck.

Now I will have to pay for oldies :/ Old games should be counted as our cultural goods and history.
Start a political movement. Call up the pirate party (yes, they really exist, look 'em up. I'm a card carrying member.)

If you can get old games politically recognized (good luck) or some such as cultural history, you might find a way to continue preservation ad infinitum.
About 90% of that stuff was Abondonware and none gave a shit for them. It's not like we need a political movement to preserve our history, that is an overkill.
Blargh! ok, fine, don't preserve what you called our cultural history. It was just a good idea, and it didn't have to be politically done. Was just an idea.

Art Axiv

Cultural Code-Switcher
Dec 25, 2008
You can do that yourself, by saving what you have and letting your kids play the games..

SimuLord

Whom Gods Annoy
Aug 20, 2008
Note to self: Back up/burn to disc all the stuff I've d/l'ed off of HOTU since I won't be able to reacquire that easily after next HD formatting.