Homefront Dev Will Make Sequel's Campaign Longer if Fans Want It

Jumplion

Mar 10, 2008
Dr. McD said:
Jumplion said:
I am not afraid to say this;

What a load of idiots.

They go on and on and on about how their story is so real or something, that it'll really hit close to home. They kept going "Hey! We've got the writer of Red Dawn writin' this thing!", hell the Escapist wrote an article about the guy a little bit ago.

And then the game sells, the story is meh, and they go "Oh, we were focusing on multiplayer, guys!"

Bullshit. Either your marketing is terrible, as I have barely seen anything on the multiplayer, or your big fat heads couldn't be supported by your shoulders. I'm guessing both.

And then they go "Oh, if you guys want we'll make the single player campaign longer for the sequel if we get one."

No, Kaos Studios. In the sequel, I want decent storytelling nextime. You can have all the Hollywood consultants, CIA operatives, and novelists (really? Novelists?) in the world and still not know how to write for a game. Don't let Hollywood consultants, CIA operatives, and novelists, all of which who have no idea how to write for a game, get in the way towards the story that you were trying to tell. Which, evidently, you weren't trying to tell a story because you focused on multiplayer instead.

Now, to be fair, I have yet to play the game. I might pick it up at a STEAM sale, but this has left a pretty bitter taste in my mouth for the studio. It's gonna take some innovation to get them back up to standard in my eyes, and somehow I doubt they're up to the challenge.
Mind if I quote this on my Deviant art page?
Guess not, just give me credit and whatnot.

Antari

Music Slave
Nov 4, 2009
Isn't he in general admitting they got it wrong? ... Its not for the customers to run the industry right. Its up to the companies. Now if only this guy could connect a couple more dots to figure out that making the game right on ALL fronts the FIRST time is the better way to do it. But I hope too much ..

Hachura

Nov 28, 2007
NO FUCKING EXCUSES!

Am I the only one sick and tired of devs and publishers pulling sorry, pathetic excuses out of their ass for shortcomings such as game length? "Singleplayer is short because multiplayer was our focus", "singleplayer is short because we wanted an tight, focused experience for our players", "singleplayer is short but there's replayability on different difficulty levels", "the next singleplayer campaign will be longer if players WANT IT".

Piss off. This is your debut title in what you're hoping will turn into a franchise, THQ. Bad game strategy to be making excuses this early in the match. What about the poor sods who don't have the internet, or choose not to play multiplayer? Yahtzee once said that "a game should be able to stand up on single player alone" and I couldn't agree more for the aforementioned reason.

I'm in Australia where new release games cost upwards of $80-90 at retail. For that kinda price, a five hour campaign is a massive cockslap.

inFAMOUSCowZ

Jul 12, 2010
Where do we sign up to complain, since I'll be honest I didn't buy the game because of the short campaign. I demand at least a 10 hour single player from all games, that ALSO have multiplayer.