Homefront Review

SomebodyNowhere

Dec 9, 2009
Did they actually put the wilhelm scream in their video game?
I know a lot of things were covered in the article and video, but that's what stuck with me most.

Russ Pitts

The Boss of You
May 1, 2006
SomebodyNowhere said:
Did they actually put the wilhelm scream in their video game?
I know a lot of things were covered in the article and video, but that's what stuck with me most.
Yes, they actually did. We counted two of them in just the 30 minutes or so we were capturing video.

ryai458

Oct 20, 2008
The story is ridiculous modern military hardware is hardened against EMPs so as soon as they wipe out our electrical grid the military would start launching nukes, then everyone loses.

Baresark

Dec 19, 2010
Too bad, the game seemed promising. Another CoD clone. It's been kinda fun Kaos. Good luck in Canada.

Eri

The Light of Dawn
Feb 21, 2009
I'm not really sure what you were getting at when you were talking about "who are the bad guys again?" I mean, if a country invades us, I'm pretty sure killing them in all sorts of creative ways is probably the right thing to do. After all, they invaded us. But fine review otherwise.

Jul 22, 2009
ryai458 said:
The story is ridiculous modern military hardware is hardened against EMPs so as soon as they wipe out our electrical grid the military would start launching nukes, then everyone loses.
Stop complaining about the story, we get it, it's unrealistic. It's a game, it doesn't need to be plausible.

OT: Shame to hear the singleplayer is a bit of a let down... however it still looks intriguing and the multiplayer looks fun! So I'll be picking this up anyway :3

Armored Prayer

Mar 10, 2009
After watching this I now have a sudden urge to play that EMPd DC level in MW2.

Easily my favorite part of that game.

thereverend7

Aug 13, 2010
it still looks fun enough and an interesting enough story to keep me interested. i'll pick it up when the price drops and im looking for an FPS fix.

im interested though, is this a stand alone game, or are they planning more installments? if the game ends with you retaking the golden gate bridge, that doesn't exactly sound like a "yay you did the most important thing evar now the war is over" it just sounds like a "oh good job you took the fancy bridge but theres still a lot of work to be done"

Also, I said the word interested or interesting a lot. saying that previous sentence didn't help. oh well...

Ridrith

Aug 17, 2009
Actually playing through the game right now, I'll agree with the single player campaign being a little bit on the short side but for it's worth it's still pretty fun. The online and MP sections of the game is where it shines though. It's fu*king fantastic. As a matter of fact, I was just able to hunt down a player who was marked by our Battle Commander and killed him as a sniper. Netted myself a good amount of BP for it. Awesome game, if you're looking for a good Mp experience I'd recommend getting the game.

The_ModeRazor

Jul 29, 2009
Sounds shit to me all right. Wasn't expecting anything good though, so it's not like I'm disappointed.

Zhukov

The Laughing Arsehole
Dec 29, 2009
Were you being serious about the complacency/survivalist business?

Mr Pitts, are you in the NRA or something similar?

The Real Sandman

Oct 12, 2009
WOLVERI-AGH! I'm dead... XD

Seriously. Why does it seem like no one can properly translate the "America gets invaded by -INSERT FOREIGN COUNTRY HERE- " story into a good video game? I mean, IO Interactive did pretty decent with Freedom Fighters, but everyone else...

Sweet honking shit...

Korten12

Now I want ma...!
Aug 26, 2009
Might get this when it goes on sale on Steam, or if gamestop has it cheap for PS3.

ryai458

Oct 20, 2008
GamesB2 said:
ryai458 said:
Stop complaining about the story, we get it, it's unrealistic. It's a game, it doesn't need to be plausible.

OT: Shame to hear the singleplayer is a bit of a let down... however it still looks intriguing and the multiplayer looks fun! So I'll be picking this up anyway :3
But realistic is what they are going for, they are trying to say this COULD happen get emotionally involved in this game, but its ridiculous.

Apr 28, 2008
Essentially a Modern Warfare clone eh? Think I'll pass. If I wanted to play Call of Duty, I'd play Call of Duty.

The Real Sandman said:
WOLVERI-AGH! I'm dead... XD

Seriously. Why does it seem like no one can properly translate the "America gets invaded by -INSERT FOREIGN COUNTRY HERE- " story into a good video game? I mean, IO Interactive did pretty decent with Freedom Fighters, but everyone else...

Sweet honking shit...
AH! KILL IT! KILL IT WITH FIRE!

But yeah, Freedom Fighters kicks all sorts of ass.

Jul 22, 2009
ryai458 said:
But realistic is what they are going for, they are trying to say this COULD happen get emotionally involved in this game, but its ridiculous.
So assume everything that could've possibly went wrong, did.

For example: The US sold most of their warheads, then through good fortune or spies they instantly attacked the remaining warheads or the remaining warheads happened to be too dusty to work correctly.