Homestar Runner To Return Later This Year, Co-Creator Confirms

Racecarlock

Jul 10, 2010
EMAIL IS AWESOME, EMAIL IS WEIRD, EMAIL IS AWESOME AND EMAIL IS WEIRD! And I'll never forget the way it was, GRRRL!

Can't wait for new strong bad emails.

BeeGeenie

May 30, 2012
First new episode should be Strong Bad and the gang singing a Strongbadian version of "Are You Ready for a Miracle?"

Because I am ready. As ready as I can be.

Someone Depressing

Jan 16, 2011
I did sort of jump onto the ride late, so it isn't as nostalgic for me as it is for... like, everyone else. But I still loved the series, and I make a monthly habit of watching all of one series of toons.

I really can't wait for this.

Lightknight

Mugwamp Supreme
Nov 26, 2008
This is going to be great. I really hope that today's market is a viable profitable business for them since it must not have been back then. I'd love to have these guys around for years to come.

Z of the Na'vi

Born with one kidney.
Apr 27, 2009
That is awesome news if it turns out to actually happen.

Homestar Runner was one of my favorite websites back in the day.

Hero of Lime

Staaay Fresh!
Jun 3, 2013
I hope so. I'm currently re-watching everything on the site for the millionth time, wouldn't mind getting new content. Though I have to say, Homestar cartoons never had a real decline, if it returns, there is the concern it may not live up to the originals.

Basically I just hope they maintain the same type of humor, would hate to see it become desperate topical humor the newer Simpsons is only capable of doing.

Steve the Pocket

Mar 30, 2009
I wonder if they're actually going to stick with Flash. I'm not saying they should host everything on YouTube (LORD NO), but an increasing number of people don't have it installed on their computers anymore since it's 90% security and stability hazard, 10% actually-useful program. Homestar Runner episodes in particular don't work properly on my machine anymore; the framerate starts to chug at around the one-minute mark, and no other Flash content does that. Sadly, there's not really a good alternative that suits their purposes; HTML5 is just a fancy way of saying embedded, self-hosted videos (which are way bigger than the files Flash uses but worse quality), and I don't think SVG ever made it to becoming an animation format, let alone having sound. Web development in general is kind of stuck in 2008 right now while the people behind different formats bicker about which one is best rather than actually improving them.

The other thing they desperately need, especially if they're planning to make an epic comeback, is an updated "First Time Here?" video, complete with a more comprehensive list of what order to watch stuff in. Their videos are all spread out over the site in no particular order, and for a series that relies so heavily on inside jokes, that's not a good thing for new viewers.

Speaking of desperate needs, incidentally, this article desperately needed a once-over by a copy editor, or maybe just someone who has more than a passing familiarity with the series. "The Brothers Chap"? "Mark Chapman"? "Replacing the lappy"? Who wrote this? The geniuses behind She-Hulk?