Honest Game Trailers: Assassin's Creed Unity

Team Hollywood

Feb 9, 2009
Assassin's Creed Unity

From a multi-cultural team of various faiths and beliefs comes the same formulaic Assassin's Creed experience that you can finally share with your friends - weeee!

Watch Video

Barbas

ExQQxv1D1ns
Oct 28, 2013
I liked the twist right at the end of the episode.

Vote Beesh.

04whim

Apr 16, 2009
Napoleon was five and a half feet tall. He was a pretty average height, people just said he was short to discredit him. So well done Assassin's Creed team for doing some research.

Dalisclock

Making lemons combustible again
Legacy
Escapist +
Feb 9, 2008
A Barrel In the Marketplace
Country
Eagleland
04whim said:
Napoleon was five and a half feet tall. He was a pretty average height, people just said he was short to discredit him. So well done Assassin's Creed team for doing some research.
Wasn't it a combination of Metric units and English units being different(thus people thinking he was shorter then he was) combined with comic artists depicting him as short on purpose to mock him(because France and England were at war)? Somehow it stuck.

You know, kind of like the infamous Martian "Canals" which was originally "channels" and mistranslated from Italian.

As much as I love the idea of a game about the French Revolution, everything I've heard about the game makes it sound rather dull. Even if the bugs have been fixed, and assuming one is cool with ignoring the uplay-only treasures, the whole game sounds rather like a missed opportunity.

Though I'll admit to having actually liked III, despite the games flaws.

Subatomic

Sep 1, 2011
Dalisclock said:
04whim said:
Wasn't it a combination of Metric units and English units being different(thus people thinking he was shorter then he was) combined with comic artists depicting him as short on purpose to mock him(because France and England were at war)? Somehow it stuck.

You know, kind of like the infamous Martian "Canals" which was originally "channels" and mistranslated from Italian.

As much as I love the idea of a game about the French Revolution, everything I've heard about the game makes it sound rather dull. Even if the bugs have been fixed, and assuming one is cool with ignoring the uplay-only treasures, the whole game sounds rather like a missed opportunity.

Though I'll admit to having actually liked III, despite the games flaws.
Close, but the metric system wasn't around at that time yet. The French and English feet were different however, Napoleon was 5'2" using the French measurement, which translates to 5'7" in the English measurement (for us metric folks, that's around 1.70m, which is probably above average for the time). Also contributing to the perception was probably his Imperial Guard, which only admitted men 6' or taller during Napoleon's time.

Lightknight

Mugwamp Supreme
Nov 26, 2008
Oh, there's apparently already a bunch of posts on the fact that Napoleon wasn't short. Well, I guess I'm not needed here.

*smokebomb*

Darth_Payn

Aug 5, 2009
Where is everyone else seeing those glitches? I played it on my PS4 and didn't see those.
And yes, I liked Unity.

I apologize for nothing!

flying_whimsy

Dec 2, 2009
ah, poor AC. All the potential we saw in AC II has been so repeatedly squandered. I can't believe how they set the game during the french revolution and it still sucked. How do you mess that up?

And even playing skyrim I never saw glitches as bad as the ones in Unity.

I'm really glad the escapist got this series: it introduced me to all of the fun stuff epic voice guy does and those absolutely hilarious honest trailers for disney movies.