Honest Game Trailers: Batman: Arkham Knight

Team Hollywood

Feb 9, 2009
Batman: Arkham Knight

From Bebop and ***** comes the only reason for the PC Master Race to descend from their ivory towers and mingle amongst the console common folk in the best Batman game of all time.

Watch Video

kajinking

Aug 12, 2009
What I took from this was Tank Tank Tank Tank Tank Tank Tank Tank....

That about right?

Darth_Payn

Aug 5, 2009
Na na na na na na na na na na TANK MAN!
And thanks for the mild spoiler warning, and not blowing the whole game,, like who the Arkham Knight really is.

JagerBombastic

Mar 3, 2014
Origin's wasn't a bad game, just to short to be any real fun; I didn't feel like I could get invested in it because I opened up the game, went down stairs to make a cup of tea, came back up stairs annnnnnd it's done.

jamail77

May 21, 2011
JagerBombastic said:
Origin's wasn't a bad game, just to short to be any real fun; I didn't feel like I could get invested in it because I opened up the game, went down stairs to make a cup of tea, came back up stairs annnnnnd it's done.
It wasn't a bad game per se, but it was pretty lazily done.

The game had clearly reused assets from City and since the visuals weren't heavily upgraded was clearly less optimized and even more glitchy (and that's including City's game breaking save glitch), at least on PCs from my experience. The glue grenade is essentially another freeze grenade because they couldn't have you using that. The remote claw and shock gloves make both fighting (you can use the remote claw in fights as long as you don't try to quickfire it) and stealthing too easy and I always found them too easy to begin with. The multiplayer was outsourced and only includes 2 modes. I personally would have added a one on one fighting mode and two one on one stealthing modes, one for one on one stealth and one for controlling a team of either Batman or villain superpowered allies or gangs. Despite that, the multiplayer is decent fun. Hell, having not gotten far in Knight and despite the repetitive nature of some of them Origins may have the best boss battles in the entire series...then again, that's not saying much.

And, despite the fact they chickened out and
gave us Joker anyway as much as I like the guy
the story is pretty decent too. Altogether, it's better than City by virtue of having come after it and having all that premade stuff to work with. It's still a lazy game though especially considering the time frame it was made in. I mean, I've been replaying it recently while I wait to play more Knight at a friend's house and it STILL has noticeable glitches popping up every 30 minutes or so.

JagerBombastic

Mar 3, 2014
jamail77 said:
JagerBombastic said:
It wasn't a bad game per se, but it was pretty lazily done.

The game had clearly reused assets from City and since the visuals weren't heavily upgraded was clearly less optimized and even more glitchy (and that's including City's game breaking save glitch), at least on PCs from my experience. The glue grenade is essentially another freeze grenade because they couldn't have you using that. The remote claw and shock gloves make both fighting (you can use the remote claw in fights as long as you don't try to quickfire it) and stealthing too easy and I always found them too easy to begin with. The multiplayer was outsourced and only includes 2 modes. I personally would have added a one on one fighting mode and two one on one stealthing modes, one for one on one stealth and one for controlling a team of either Batman or villain superpowered allies or gangs. Despite that, the multiplayer is decent fun. Hell, having not gotten far in Knight and despite the repetitive nature of some of them Origins may have the best boss battles in the entire series...then again, that's not saying much.

And, despite the fact they chickened out and
gave us Joker anyway as much as I like the guy
the story is pretty decent too. Altogether, it's better than City by virtue of having come after it and having all that premade stuff to work with. It's still a lazy game though especially considering the time frame it was made in. I mean, I've been replaying it recently while I wait to play more Knight at a friend's house and it STILL has noticeable glitches popping up every 30 minutes or so.
I completely agree with everything you have said and I have not forgotten dose issues, how ever when I made the comments I was just casting my mind back to when I was back at college and the Deathstroke factor was still giving me a bit of a semi-on.

I haven't played the game for quite some time but I am surprised to hear it is still failing to deliver on the main issues this long after launch , this doesn't make me look forward to the Arkham Knight patches with to many rainbows.

Stil I guess patching the game up will just have to be left to the PC gaming master race...AGAIN!

jamail77

May 21, 2011
JagerBombastic said:
I completely agree with everything you have said and I have not forgotten dose issues, how ever when I made the comments I was just casting my mind back to when I was back at college and the Deathstroke factor was still giving me a bit of a semi-on.

I haven't played the game for quite some time but I am surprised to hear it is still failing to deliver on the main issues this long after launch , this doesn't make me look forward to the Arkham Knight patches with to many rainbows.

Stil I guess patching the game up will just have to be left to the PC gaming master race...AGAIN!
Oh, wow. Completely agree? That's rare for me.

Deathstroke was one of the, if not the best, bosses in the game, but was overly repetitive and simple. Even with the back to back counters this series' combat still feels overly QTEish for me. All they had to do was add in an extended directioning of the thumbstick depending on how the enemy(ies) is(are) coming towards you. Like, a right diagonal hit requires the corresponding move of the thumbstick. More complicated hits require more complicated movements of the thumbstick in addition to the counter button, of course. And, for those who worry, it'd be hard to do this from the distance the camera positions itself at times the game could slow down time or zoom in on enemies that do complicated physical attacks. Maybe even add in a secondary counter button for when an enemy attacks you from multiple directions while the primary counter button remains focused on multiple enemies via multiple presses.

Well, any glitches I have experienced are not game breaking. You can phase through Alfred whenever he walks in the Batcave and that weird spazzing gliding cape glitch still shows up from time to time. The main issue is multiplayer matchmaking. That is still pretty bad, probably mainly because of all the people who quit the multiplayer.

JagerBombastic

Mar 3, 2014
jamail77 said:
JagerBombastic said:

Oh, wow. Completely agree? That's rare for me.

Deathstroke was one of the, if not the best, bosses in the game, but was overly repetitive and simple. Even with the back to back counters this series' combat still feels overly QTEish for me. All they had to do was add in an extended directioning of the thumbstick depending on how the enemy(ies) is(are) coming towards you. Like, a right diagonal hit requires the corresponding move of the thumbstick. More complicated hits require more complicated movements of the thumbstick in addition to the counter button, of course. And, for those who worry, it'd be hard to do this from the distance the camera positions itself at times the game could slow down time or zoom in on enemies that do complicated physical attacks. Maybe even add in a secondary counter button for when an enemy attacks you from multiple directions while the primary counter button remains focused on multiple enemies via multiple presses.

Well, any glitches I have experienced are not game breaking. You can phase through Alfred whenever he walks in the Batcave and that weird spazzing gliding cape glitch still shows up from time to time. The main issue is multiplayer matchmaking. That is still pretty bad, probably mainly because of all the people who quit the multiplayer.
To me the game seem to suffer a lot from what the original Assassin's Creed had problems with as well, after you gained footing with the game and new what was what and who was who it seemed like a major case of deja vu.

Almost a formality to complete the game at any point, it also didn't seem like much of a origin story game to me.

jamail77

May 21, 2011
JagerBombastic said:
To me the game seem to suffer a lot from what the original Assassin's Creed had problems with as well, after you gained footing with the game and new what was what and who was who it seemed like a major case of deja vu.

Almost a formality to complete the game at any point, it also didn't seem like much of a origin story game to me.
Yep. That was the main culprit. It really felt overly deja vu and not like much of an origin story game at all.

Oh! Another thing I hated was the Dark Knight upgrade system! Certain gadgets being locked off to ranking up in that, IN ORDER NO LESS, was nonsense. I appreciated a new way to get XP especially since a lot of those challenges were like the Riddler challenges and it didn't make sense for him to make you glide 250 meters. The fact you could do a lot of the higher ranks early on, but couldn't due to having to follow the order was definitely nonsense though. Just bad design frankly.