horrible movie that you like

William Dickbringer

Feb 16, 2010
everyone has at least one movie that they like but people say that it sucks or that it's horrible
mine is transformers revenge of the fallen and the resident evil series
don't judge me for this I was entertained from these movies and I knew (well at least resident evil side) that they would never live up to the source material

Marter

Elite Member
Legacy
Oct 27, 2009
Most of my favorite movies did poor 'review wise'. These include "Van Helsing, Doomsday, Orphan, Shooter and Underworld.

Custard_Angel

Aug 6, 2009
To be fair that one scene from that Resident Evil movie (the third one I think...) with all the zombie birds that explode in a giant fireball was pretty badass... Major highlight of that movie.

As for my favorite bad movie... Shoot 'Em Up. It's just filled with moments where you can see something coming and then it happens and you groan. But in a really appreciative way.

It's nice to see a movie that isn't trying to be anything but mindless gunfights and fun. A movie where every problem is solved by guns, murder and carrots. A movie where you keep watching to see how they could possibly overstep the bounds of reality MORE than they already have.

And let me tell you, when in the first minute of the movie you see a man get stabbed through the throat with a carrot, its difficult to top... But it is topped. Constantly. Mid air gunfights, a gunfight with bits of string and wood. More carrots. A lactating hooker who caters to wealthy businessmen...

Know what...? I'm gonna watch it again. Best $5 spent of my life.

Also, Clive Owen is pretty awesome. Imagine if Clive Owens character Dwight from Sin City had an entire movie to himself, but instead of gritty film noir it was a story told by a 12 year old.

Burningsok

Jul 23, 2009
Milky_Fresh said:
The Thing should be shit by any standards, but for some reason I love it. They just got the tension perfect in it, or something... Just an awesome movie.
Actually, I hear alot of people liked the movie, I consider it a horror classic :)

ReinofFire

Jun 30, 2009
I agree with Van Helsing and Underworld.

I dont think I have seen enough movies to necessarily add my input. >.<

But I think that the fight in the forest with optimus prime and the 4 other guys was pretty awesome.(Transformers 2 for those confused)

Jfswift

Hmm.. what's this button do?
Nov 2, 2009
I like the two Mortal Kombat movies. They're soooo awful yet I find them entertaining.

bleh002

Jan 8, 2010
I love Jason X. I love almost every stupidly fun minute of it. The dialogue is so cheesetastically amusing, that it forever has a special place in my heart.

JS ibanez

Jan 12, 2010
300 for me. mixed reviews on this. I recognize that its a fairly single minded action film but dammit it looks good doing it. I've never enjoyed fight sequences more than watching 300.

PPB

May 25, 2009
Not sure if it really qualifies as a "horrible" movie, but Phantom Menace is obviously not held in high esteem by most people. And I actually like it (at least some parts of it). It's definitely not one of my favourite SW movies, but I enjoyed it more than Attack of the Clones.

Quiet Stranger

Feb 4, 2006
Milky_Fresh said:
The Thing should be shit by any standards, but for some reason I love it. They just got the tension perfect in it, or something... Just an awesome movie.

uuummm, I hope you're joking, how is it shit? It's a great movie!

Also I LOVE Plan 9 From Outer Space!!

GL2814E

Feb 16, 2010
Milky_Fresh said:
Which version, the original or the John Carpenter version?

The John Carpenter one is one of my favorite movies and it isn't bad by any stretch of the imagination.

I hate to admit it, but I enjoyed Howard the Duck at 25 more than I did at 4.

D Erdrick

Apr 22, 2010
A crazy Japanese zombie movie called Wild Zero ranks as one of the strangest and most awful movies I've ever seen, but I love watching it.