Horrible stuff that makes you laugh

PsychicTaco115

I've Been Having These Weird Dreams Lately...
Legacy
Mar 17, 2012
Country
United States
As the title says, what possibly offensive things make you chortle, guffaw and chuckle?

For me, the word "honky" is always funny, no matter the circumstances

I also like saying "Jew/Jews" because it rolls off the tongue well and NOT because I'm Anti-Semitic, I swear

Clowndoe

Aug 6, 2012
This is a true story:

I was playing 21 questions on the bus on the way home from school, and it was my turn to guess.

- Is it something funny?
- No.
- Is it something I find funny?
(A pause to reflect)
- Yes.
- Is it cancer?

He didn't answer, but his eyes gave it away. In my defense, this was in high school.

MarsProbe

Circuitboard Seahorse
Dec 13, 2008
I should really be ashamed of this considering, but recently during one of the UKs big charity drives, Children in Need, one of the tv shows was doing their annual Rickshaw Challenge where a group rode a rickshaw for about 700 miles. Anyway, one of the kids managed to crash the rickshaw during their leg and I was watching at the time so got to see the rickshaw lying a heap at the side of the road and the kid (who had learning difficulties - don't know of that's the PC term these days, but I'll run with it anyway) was very upset over the whole thing.

It wasn't until next day at work that it struck me how funny the whole thing was. Most people I now would be deeply affronted that I found something like that funny, but still...

tippy2k2

Beloved Tyrant
Legacy
Mar 15, 2008
It's way way waaaaaay too soon for this. I mean, the man JUST died in what was probably a very painful death where he will be considered "Lucky" if he was killed on impact.

C'mon tippy2k2, you're better than this!

Stolen from Ze Escapist Paul Walker article

I'm....not......going.....to.......laugh....

*Snicker........

Alright, that's pretty freaking hilarious.

Besides that specific example, I deal with fear by making fun of whatever I'm petrified of. So everyone's favorite Escapist user was sitting in the lobby of a Sky Diving adventure that he is about to embark upon. I...am....petrified. However, it's something I've always wanted to do and unfortunately, I got myself yelled at for doing it. "tippy2k2, you sexy God of a Man, stop leaving us on the edge of our seats, how did you deal with your fear?" I hear you ask.

"Oh Hey! Skydiving magazines" says tippy2k2 aloud for some reason. "Oh hey! Death statistics and sky diving accidents in the back! You know what might be fun? Let's start reading these off to everyone in the group!" :D

Flight Instructor was not amused for some reason

SomeLameStuff

What type of steak are you?
Apr 26, 2009
tippy2k2 said:
It's way way waaaaaay too soon for this. I mean, the man JUST died in what was probably a very painful death where he will be considered "Lucky" if he was killed on impact.

*Snicker........

Alright, that's pretty freaking hilarious.
In the same vein, This made me laugh waaaaay more than it probably should have.

Shoggoth2588

Aug 31, 2009
tippy2k2 said:

*Snicker........
Wait...is that...actual footage from...oh no...Oooooooh no...that actually kind of made me laugh a bit more...If there's such a place, I'm probably going to be sent to Hell for a few months xD!

---

Race, Cancer, Rape and, Dead Baby jokes are always a favorite of mine but on the plus side, it makes me a great person to play Cards Against Humanity with!

TehCookie

Elite Member
Sep 16, 2008
When my dad was at his deathbed, my mom, a family friend, and me all were by his side gossiping when he finally passed. My mom's first words after that were, "Dad was probably thinking 'Oh god I have to listen to this? Please kill me.'"

There's no such thing as too soon in my family. We did have enough taste not to put a picture of him in a grave (alive goofing around in a cemetery) on the slideshow we had during his funeral. We used one where he was pretending to be dead next to a blob of split spaghetti sauce. So much better.

Dirty Hipsters

This is how we praise the sun!
Legacy
Feb 7, 2011
Country
'Merica
I have a really dark and morbid sense of humor at times, so there are A LOT of inappropriate things that make me laugh.

I was watching a movie at the local theater, I don't remember what the movie was, but there was a really gory death scene during which most of the people in the theater gasped, and I started uncontrollably giggling. Then I didn't stop giggling for 3 scenes. A lot of the people around me gave me death glares because horror movies aren't supposed to be funny, but come on, it was so over the top I don't see how anyone could possibly be scared.

I also find dead baby jokes hilarious, and I laughed at the above Paul Walker gifs.

The Wykydtron

"Emotions are very important!"
Sep 23, 2010
I find a lot of dark humour funny, I know it's not violent dark humour exactly but there's a reason... Hold on, let me try to get this right: No Matter How I Look At It, It's You Guys Fault I'm Not Popular! But fuck it we call it Watamote for short. It was my favourite anime that season (yes Attack on Titan is in second place fuck you haterzzzz.)

It's an anime devoted to fucking over the main character as much as possible, the sad thing is it's entirely her own fault. Half the audience couldn't laugh because they felt so sorry for her.

Speaking of AoT, so much tragedy but it was so fucking funny. Some of the facial designs some custom made to make people laugh. That fucking Moe Kawaii Desu Desu Titan. You know the one.

On the other side of the spectrum

That one flying fish jumping Titan smashes its face into a stone pillar at mach speed, I had to laugh at that.

To be honest they could have saved him, they just stared at him for a good 10 seconds for emotional impact. It would take around 3 seconds to fly over there and kill it while it's just sitting there. He's not even injured cuz 99% of them never use their teeth, intentionally at least.

Then they added this guy into the web browser game and it can and will kill your entire team on its own. Then we stop laughing entirely...

Dirge Eterna

Apr 13, 2013
Whenever someone manages to hurt,maim or kill themselves while committing a crime, I laugh. Over the weekend I got a flat so I was taking my car home at 55mph in the slow lane. I live in L.A. so that obviously pissed off a lot of people for some reason. So a black Lexus is on my bumper and just acting like a total asshole cause I am only going 55, there were open lanes to the left that he could have used. The spare was on my right rear tire so I am sure he could see that but didnt care. Well the douche nozzle revs it up and whizzes past me and cuts me off in order to take the next exit, it had been raining off and on and he loses it and spins out and takes out 3 or 4 roadside signs, the rectangular ones with a black stripe on them that tell you to pay attention. I pulled over to see if he was ok and I think that pissed him off even more as he was almost purple with rage and just spewing a constant stream of curses at me, the weather and his car. Once I saw he was ok I just grinned at him and shook my head and went back to my car and drove off. I hope that gave him an aneurism or a stroke lol.

Frezzato

Oct 17, 2012
There was one thing I had read about two months ago that made me chuckle, which I have to admit I feel bad about now. It was an article that detailed the collapse of the Mianus River Bridge in Connecticut. A 100-foot section of the Northbound lane had collapsed at around 1:30 AM on June 28, 1983. Unfortunately a couple vehicles fell into the water, but there were some survivors. One of the last cars to fall in was an allegedly stolen BMW 3 Series with two guys in it. People who saw the accident were waving other motorists down in order to save their lives and apparently a few people were saved, but not the two guys in the Beemer. As the good Samaritans were trying to get them to stop, the story goes, the BMW swerved around them and both the driver and passenger flipped everyone the bird as they passed. Just a few seconds after that, the two guys went sailing into oblivion.

I only found that story on a forum after looking up the names of victims, and a part of me believes the bit about the BMW to be true. It may not have been stolen, but I don't think it's inconceivable that the two guys would flip everyone off. The other part of me that sort of believes in karma, well I like to think that if the car really was stolen, and if they really did tell everyone trying to save their lives to fuck off, then at least those two guys died as they lived.

Sometimes I wonder what I would do if a crowd of people were trying to get me to stop in the middle of the night.

Groxnax

Apr 16, 2009
Ok, I might go to hell for this but...

Have you ever read the book series The Darwin Awards or seen the show 1000 ways to die?

Some of those people die in such crazy ways that just make me giggle a little.

I guess that's one way that nature is trying to weed us out.

There was also this sports show that was showing stupid stunts that went wrong and there was this one guy that was trying to skateboard off the attic roof of a house onto the first floor roof and onto the sidewalk, well he was ok on the attic roof but in the middle of the 1st floor roof he started loosing his balance and he landed on the metal bar of a fence that was to the side of the sidewalk and yes, he did land right on his nuts.

He survived.

I kinda laughed internally and though "that's one way to clean out the gene pool."

Am I going to hell for this.

SSJBlastoise

Dec 20, 2012
TizzytheTormentor said:
I'm going to hell aren't I?
To be fair though, that is funny because of the original gif, not so much because of Walker's face being added to it (though it might be, if so you're going to hell then :p please don't mod me :/).

OT: I usually find most things funny, though somethings are way too soon, especially some of the stuff to do with Paul Walker (it doesn't really help that the jokes were terrible to begin with). If it's a joke about someone who is dead I feel there should be at least a couple of months before the jokes are made, just out of respect for the families of the victim.

Story

Note to self: Prooof reed posts
Sep 4, 2013
I'm very weird when it comes to death in movies. When someone dies in a really unconvincing way in a movie I tend to laugh pretty hard, especially if it is done in an unrealistic manner. I also tend to laugh at reveal scenes in movies that I predict, even if they are horrible.
For example, if someone important in the story betrays the main character by stabbing him fatally in the gut, I'm going to laugh.

In both of those cases I guess that's not really that weird, but meh. I tend to like a lot of dark humor now and then, but it really depends on my mood.

Dark Knifer

May 12, 2009
SomeLameStuff said:
This made me laugh waaaaay more than it probably should have.

Well that just made my day, need a moment to recover.

OT: The darwin awards are great for this. One winner died because he was not wearing a helmet on his motorcycle... Because he was protesting about wearing helmets on motorcycles.

Or the one where a guy shoved a firework up his ass and exploded to death.

sextus the crazy

Oct 15, 2011
Telling Holocaust jokes to my Jewish roommate, although I don't think it counts as horrible if he laughs.

Also, anything that can be made in cards against humanity. Really, if it's horrible and well-executed, I can laugh.

Nov 28, 2007
sextus the crazy said:
Telling Holocaust jokes to my Jewish roommate, although I don't think it counts as horrible if he laughs.

Also, anything that can be made in cards against humanity. Really, if it's horrible and well-executed, I can laugh.
Ah, Cards Against Humanity. The best way to ensure that I'm going to Hell, then work on upgrading from coach to first-class on the trip down.

OT: I have a horribly, horribly dark sense of humor. Horrible stuff that makes me laugh is not out of the ordinary. Granted, I joke about serious stuff all the time as a coping mechanism (which people tend to look at as me lacking empathy, which is definitely not the case), but I have legitimately laughed at stuff that may be...wrong to do so. Hi, Darwin Awards!

Vausch

Dec 7, 2009
The orphans in Futurama. They just get so pathetically sad it just makes me laugh.