Horror Game Splashes Blood on the Wii Balance Board

Roboto

Nov 18, 2009
The title of this article could DEFINITELY use some improvement, as I easily misinterpreted it :(

Extra-Ordinary

Elite Member
Mar 17, 2010
I have to admit, the end of the trailor scared me a little.
Anyway
I don't know what they'll use it for, but I certainly hope it's not used for walking. Or at least, not STRICTLY for walking. Then at least it'll be, if nothing else, different.

Cain_Zeros

Nov 13, 2009
FreelanceButler said:
Maybe the board's for when the game goes "BOOGEDY BOOGEDY!", you have to keep your nerve because if it senses a shift in balance, your dude in the game falls over.
Or something.
That could be kinda cool, depending on how they do it. Say a smaller shift causes the character to stumble.

Gigaguy64

Special Zero Unit
Apr 22, 2009
I think it looks interesting.
Its gonna be cool to see how they use the Board in it.

Btw...the tune being played on the piano was freaking creepy.

rees263

The Lone Wanderer
Jun 4, 2009
Is there some way the balance board would know if the game literally made you crap yourself? Just one of my many awful ideas...

Aptspire said:
maybe it will be used as a 'sanity balance' i.e.: stepping off makes your character's understanding of what is really happening worse(the more you step off, the worse it gets), while falling off causes you to go into an horrible unreality :)
... and that's a much better idea! If it turns out to be a good game/idea I might be able to justify buying a balance board. Probably not though.

phantomcove

Dec 7, 2010
im thinking this will fail horribly and never actually get released in north america
bring back Fatal Frame!! Fatal Frame will save the world from warm fuzzy dreams about unicorns and bring back good ol' insomnia :D

tris4992

Jul 12, 2010
the trailer shows me a small new silent hill 2 just waiting to be unleashed on the world
this could be the defining moment of the horror genre... when all the "shiny HD monster in closet BOOO hah that scared you didn't it ?" games get beaten by a eery well built game that manage's to build an atmosfere even with its inferior graphics the big shots in the game industri decide its time for change and start churning out ... waaaait for it ... Actual high quality horror game's that forever set the standart for both the people and the industry.

However its using the balance board so its going to be a overhyped piece of **** ripping of every snigle cheesy horror movie cliché EVER. And will be realeying on a single gimick to support the entire game.

If after release I'm proven wrong I WILL go out and buy the game which ... I will become a birthday present for one of my cousins. I don't own a wii but its not as if my cousins will ever play it so I'll just visit their place alot 'till I finish the game.

Callate

Dec 5, 2008
I doubt it's supposed to be used for walking. The Balance Board isn't supposed to be jumped on, and having a player make the kind of sudden stomping motions they'd make if they were reacting in a startled manner probably wouldn't be very good for it either.

My guess would be dodging, for which the weight distribution sensor would be rather well suited. Given the "canyon" setting, it would also make a certain amount of sense for it actually to be used for balance- along rickety bridges or cliff edges, perhaps?