Horror Movie Summer Camp Lets You Live Out A Slasher Flick

Darken12

Apr 16, 2011
Father Time said:
This looks like the beginning of a beautiful friendship.

No seriously these are great ideas, although I'm not sure what you mean by the phrase being modified at the last minute when it went viral.
Indeed!

Oh, I was thinking that it went like this: you have the real world (we'll call it A), the movie (B) about a camp (C) themed around a movie (D) about a camp themed around horror movies (E). The catchphrase goes memetic in A, so you rewrite B at the last moment so that it's a meme in that world, but you also state that the phrase went memetic in C too, so they rewrote D at the last moment so that it went memetic in E as well. Like I said, it's Inception but painful.

Father Time said:
If this movie ever gets made it should break the 4th wall a few times too.
I was thinking the trailer would be the best way to do it, too. You have a person summing up the entire elevator pitch of the movie to the protagonist, who then turns to the camera, breaks the fourth wall and goes "This is ridiculous."

It lets the audience know exactly what they're getting into.

Father Time said:
Maybe at one point the real killer accidentally kills the cameraman, and after a few "oh fuck, now what do I do" comments he grabs the camera and films himself by extending the camera at arms length behind the back.

Then for a while it becomes Blair Witch style shakey cam with the killer's commentary. For added effect make it so that he never said a word before that. Then later one of the victims begs to be spared and the killer is like "OK fine, but you have to be the cameraman now." Then have a few scenes where the cameraman tries to escape and the killer has to chase him/her back.
Bwahaha, that is hilarious! "Hold on, don't stab me yet, I gotta find a place to put the camera..."

Father Time said:
And finally maybe the real killer should disguise himself as the fake killer, by wearing the camp killer mask on top of his mask. You can even have a scene where they capture the fake killer thinking he's the real killer in disguise and have a scooby doo scene where someone goes

"Let's see who the killer really is"
*pulls off mask*
"Frank? What the hell."
"Of course it's me you idiot, you hired me to be in this costume."

We should write this thing.

Edit: I've never seen Scream, I want to but there's some other horror movies I want to see first. Then again wasn't it made by the guy who wrote Halloween?
Hah! That's genius (and a total classic too, people will see it coming but won't know what you'll do with it once the jig is up).

Oh, Scream is a total classic of meta awareness. Some people don't like it because it wavers between playing it seriously and being too self-aware, but I think it was honestly ground-breaking for its time. And oh no, Halloween is from John Carpenter (who also directed The Thing, another great horror movie). Scream is from Wes Craven, who directed the original Nightmare on Elm Street, The Hills Have Eyes, The Last House on the Left and many others. I definitely recommend watching all of these. I am usually not a fan of "classics", but these actually hold up somewhat well despite their age.

Father Time said:
The fake protagonist would be the people that paid the tickets or their fake guide, still it could work. I especially love the idea of switching between fake camp and real dead.

Maybe someone could have a comment

"I wasn't really dead it was just special effects and makeup"
"Wait isn't that the same with everyone?"
*Someone standing next to him stomps on his foot*
Yeah, a couple of horror movies do this already, but every single one I've seen thus far does it for a bit during the beginning and then abandons the idea altogether. It would be cool to have the audience wondering who's alive and who's dead until the very end.

Scarim Coral

Jumped the ship
Legacy
Oct 29, 2010
Country
UK
While it sound like a cool idea and all but they may have to be careful to those who are going to it that is if the horror is having one of the employee being the slasher/ monster thing. The last thing you want to have is the employee got beaten up by a frighten but muscalar person! Would you really run away when the situation is safe unless the whole death is real?

soh45400

Jun 1, 2012
This sounds way too dangerous.
You would need a lot of safety equipment, the participants and actors need to be checked for any heart conditions and have detailed criminal background checks, they need to be shown the worst and most barbaric movies possible and their reactions monitored and evaluated by psychologists, they need safe words, medical staff and high levels of security at the ready for the entire duration of the event and there would probably be some legal issues.
On top of that who is crazy enough to go to something like this?

Someone could pay me a billion$ to do this and I would refuse.

With Haunted Houses, it seems safer. It easier to maintain security, its probably quicker to get people out if they have problems and no one from outside can come in for pranks or something much much worse.