Hospital Nurse found dead after prank call on the Duchess Catherine...

90sgamer

Jan 12, 2012
manic_depressive13 said:
I'm sorry, I'm extremely tired and it seems like I'm missing something. Can someone please explain to me the connection between the prank call and the nurse's suicide?
You are not the only one. That article is literally the worse piece of written news I have ever seen, including mock news stories written by twelve and thirteen year olds. I have no idea what the connection is between the death and the hoax.

chozo_hybrid

What is a man? A miserable little pile of secrets.
Jul 15, 2009
90sgamer said:
manic_depressive13 said:
I'm sorry, I'm extremely tired and it seems like I'm missing something. Can someone please explain to me the connection between the prank call and the nurse's suicide?
You are not the only one. That article is literally the worse piece of written news I have ever seen, including mock news stories written by twelve and thirteen year olds. I have no idea what the connection is between the death and the hoax.
Agreed, I think this whole things is nonsense.

People unfortunately commit suicide, but if it was due to this, it's because someone couldn't embrace the joke and ride along with it. I feel sorry for her family and the others involved, they're the ones that have to pick up the pieces left by someone selfish enough to end their life like that without considering those left behind.

I've just got home from a 12 hour shift at work, forgive me if I am a bit blunt.

unreal51

Nov 13, 2011
bojackx said:
manic_depressive13 said:
I'm also a bit stumped. There seems to be very little tying the two together.
I heard on the radio that she was the one that answered the phone to them and believed that they were the royal family. Then she gave them the details of Kates condition. All she did was be a good nurse ,just to the wrong people.

But I'm not quite sure if it was her that's just what I heard

DoPo

"You're not cleared for that."
Jan 30, 2012
unreal51 said:
bojackx said:
manic_depressive13 said:
I'm also a bit stumped. There seems to be very little tying the two together.
I heard on the radio that she was the one that answered the phone to them and believed that they were the royal family. Then she gave them the details of Kates condition. All she did was be a good nurse ,just to the wrong people.

But I'm not quite sure if it was her that's just what I heard
She answered the call, and then forwarded it. As the article says

The nurse who died was the person who first took the hoax call and transferred it through to Catherine's ward, the hospital's public relations company said.
It's sort of a moot point to discuss rumours when you have the facts reported right there.

nexus

May 30, 2012
I for one, don't believe this woman committed suicide.

Take that as you will, but I feel this is the world we really live in.

It's funny that a global "anti-bully" movement was the spark that led to the resurgence of the gallows crowd. Calling for death and mutilation on Twitter. The gallows are back and it's a tad global.

nexus

May 30, 2012
The Tall Nerd said:
what do you think happened

i am completely serious by the way , i am interesting in your answer
I don't know, I would say that's above my pay grade.

(My pay grade is zero by the way.)

(Also, that's a tall order from a man with no face.)

Maybe the nurse found out the Duchess is carrying the Devil's spawn inside her, and then was promptly suicided.

Apr 5, 2012
I'm just glad that I live in the Untied States, a nation that fought a war to not give a shit about Royal Families. Now I need to go look on how the TomKat break up is going!

No really, Its not the Radio show's fault. They did not call with the intention to kill anyone or anything, just to play a harmless prank. Cenk Uygur does a good job of summing up how I feel.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vVN27IhnDvY&list=UU1yBKRuGpC1tSM73A0ZjYjQ&index=13

RN7

Oct 27, 2009
So...a nurse in London probably committed suicide because DJs prank called her pretending to be the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge? Humorous, but incredibly...odd. Why was the death ruled as "unexplained"?

Brandi

Dec 9, 2012
I feel guilty when I heard the prank call I thought it was so funny. I did not think the nurse did anything
Wrong. They mentioned she was originally from India . Maybe
In their culture they look at things differently when it comes to their
Duties in their profession. Also she was living away from her family when working and needed emotional support only family can give you.
We don't know if the hospital threatened her and the fact that she was
From India maybe she was afraid of being deported. Who knows. Maybe there were
Prejudices against her to begin with. Did she really kill herself? We only know what
the hospital is telling us and is she the scapegoat. Why haven't we heard anything from the nurse
That actually gave out the information. The Indian nurse merely transferred the call. Was she being
harassed by the other nurses?

This whole thing about the Kate being pregnant was
who cares. Ok I am American and those of us outside of Britain were being bombarded with
News all week. I couldn't believe it. Again, who cares and I feel awful
That the nurse has died and wish she realized that all of us outside if Great Britain font give a damn about the
Royal Family and no one around the world was judging her.
Enough reporting about Royals. The test of the world couldn't care less about them.

Gilhelmi

The One Who Protects
Oct 22, 2009
manic_depressive13 said:
Gilhelmi said:
See, most medical professionals follow a VERY strict code of ethics. Releasing confidential information is listed among the worst of these just behind "do no harm".

Releasing confidential information ends a career in the profession (worst case), at best really hurts your job prospects in the future.

This is one of those things where you need to live in the medical community culture to fully understand. I use to work in it, I can tell you this, people have been fired for this before. In this case, she was obviously tricked but I imagine still written up for doing this over the phone.

I one time applied for a job after working in a hospital, HR would neither confirm nor deny my working there. That is the level of seriousness this is.
I would understand the outrage if she had started describing the state of that royal's vagina in detail, which would have been embarrassing both for the royal and for her, but all she said was "She was feeling a bit poorly but she's better now". How is that confidential information? Do people really give a shit about such trivial crap? If the prank call and the suicide are connected I would say that it's not the radio hosts who are at fault but the people who led the nurse to believe that what happened actually mattered.
Trust me on this, or don't. Better yet, go to the nearest nursing school (where they are having this discussion) and ask the teachers. Then go to your nearest clinic that you trust, and ask them how they would feel or what would happen to them.

I did think of this after my last post, we only have the hospitable word that they were "helping her" through this difficult time. That could also mean a suspension for releasing the info.

It may not seem like much info to the normal world, but in the health care community, trust is everything. Without it, some people would not seek treatment.

sweetylnumb

Sep 4, 2011
if she seriously killed herself because she felt guilty about this SHE WAS OBVIOUSLY NUTS. who would feel so upset about something like that? who would care that much about the royal family? it must have been something else.

IT MUST HAVE

Mandal0re

Oct 18, 2008
Everything about that is absurd. IF she killed herself and IF it was motivated by the prank call then she's an idiot. The people telling the radio DJs that they are responsible and damning them are dense melodramatic little buttholes. I mean how did that even work? As if the Queen would call the hospital personally? Fucking hell.

Also Overnight stays in Hospital for morning sickness? Jesus Christ. The Royal family is full of shit.

chozo_hybrid

What is a man? A miserable little pile of secrets.
Jul 15, 2009
The Tall Nerd said:
she didnt know it was a joke
and that the issue with pranks

for a prank to function , someone has to be out of the loop, and confused people are even more dangerous than regular people
So what, she finds out later it was a joke and can't deal with it, thus kills herself?

It can't be that spur of the moment, there would be a more underlying issue, I don't buy it or the confused excuse for this one. It's a pretty extreme reaction to something like a phone call from someone you thought was important like a Royal, finding out it was a joke and then offing yourself because you couldn't handle the joke. I would bet there is very little connection if any at all.

People like to make connections to things that don't connect, helps some make sense of the random things that go on in this world.

Olrod

Feb 11, 2010
Was it really a suicide or was she "actively discouraged from continual existence" by some shady people working for the secret service?