Hot drinks and you

Michael826

Aug 17, 2009
I love hot drinks, they make my life.

I can't live without my morning coffee, which I have with milk and 1 sugar. That said, I'm happy to have the stronger stuff as well, usually at cafes.

I drink tea when I can, and I really wish I could drink it more often. I am happy to have it with or without milk.

Hot chocolate is amazing, but if I had it on a frequent basis I would die. My affinity for sweet things has lessened somewhat over the years.

On a side note, hot cider is amazing. Seriously.

sanomaton

Oct 25, 2008
I love having a nice cup of tea every now and then but I can't drink it super hot (burned my tongue too many times...) so I have to let it cool off for a while. And sometimes(always) forget the whole thing so it ends up lukewarm which is bad so I need to heat it up and wait till it cools off again (repeat a few more times).

...I wonder if this ever happens to anyone else T_T

CrimsonBlaze

Aug 29, 2011
1 cup of coffee in the morning and 1 cup of chai tea some nights when it's cold, or when I need to stay up at night working. I seldom drink more than that because I don't want the caffine to screw me up for the rest of the day.

captaincabbage

Apr 8, 2010
I love all three, but tea is probably my favorite, although I do love a really nice cup of coffee in the morning now and then.

manic_depressive13

Dec 28, 2008
Coffee is my favourite. When I was a bit younger my grandma would insist that I drink tea whenever I got sick because it's warm and she probably thought it would help. I very rarely drink it otherwise. Upshot of this is I now strangely associate the taste of tea with being sick, even though it doesn't technically make me feel physically ill. Hot chocolate is always a good option for when you suspect that the coffee at a place will be shit.

putowtin

I'd like to purchase an alcohol!
Jul 7, 2010
coffee, black one sugar
tea, white one sugar
peppermint tea when I feel rough
rooibos tea when I don't want caffeine (a rare thing but it has been know to happen)

RaffB

Jul 22, 2008
Coffee if im on the go.

Otherwise *dons monacle and tophat* Tea please jeeves...

Now if you excuse me, I have an empire to establish, countries to oppress and a large navy to order about...

Elementary - Dear Watson

RIP Eleuthera, I will miss you
Nov 9, 2010
Earl Grey. It's the only Tea worth drinking! I have 6-10 cups a day!

Coffee is ok too, but I usually drink it when tired, more for necessity than enjoyment!

Batou667 said:
Anybody who claims not to like coffee hasn't tasted real, good coffee.

And while I'm making sweeping statements, this is cider, and it's served cold.

Dude, real Cider is spelt Cyder, and is served at room temperature. Also, see scrumpy!
Difference between a cyder and a scrumpy is that a cyder uses 1 type of apple, where as scrumpy uses multiple. Which is why scrumpy often goes cloudy!

Cowabungaa

Feb 10, 2008
I usually have a cup of coffee a day, sometimes two. Black with one small lump of sugar.

It's been too long since I've had tea though, I could use a cuppa right now. Same with hot chocolate.
Batou667 said:
Anybody who claims not to like coffee hasn't tasted real, good coffee.

And while I'm making sweeping statements, this is cider, and it's served cold.

Back on topic: I also like tea, and once in a while a hot chocolate... hot chocolate powder, 3:1 water to milk, marshmallows, whipped cream and cinnamon lightly dusted on top. Hits the bloody spot everytime.
Good gods that looks good... But water in my hot chocolate? Blasphemy!

Shoggoth2588

Aug 31, 2009
hurricanejbb said:
You know, this post reminds me a bit of a song...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_ZXeFPpPJeI

I fixed your link but only because I fucking love this song!

I love coffee but prefer it iced (or rather, cold. I hate putting ice in drinks since it melts and waters it down)

I will drink tea hot far more often than coffee though. Speaking of, here's another music video about Tea that I think will be enjoyed

I love, love, LOVE hot chocolate though. Sadly I haven't got a music video for that so, consider yourselves lucky.

Angry Camel

Mar 21, 2011
I can't stand hot drinks, although I occasionally have hot chocolate. I always seem to get a headache from them.

Avalanche91

Jan 8, 2009
I do love me some tea.

to properly enjoy coffee I'd have to drown it in milk and sugar, so I tend not to drink that.

Also; nothing beats hot chocolate during winters. Add whipped cream and cinnamon and you have a great treat.

efAston

Sep 12, 2011
Red Date Tea (get it in Chinese grocers) and glögi. Don't drink them often, just when it's really cold, and glögi at Christmas time. Also when I'm sick I have echinacea tea.

Burs

Jan 28, 2011
TEA MAN HERE

But I also drink Bovril as I am such a manly man I drink hot liquid cow!

Andalusa

Mad Cat Lady
Feb 25, 2008
Tea.. tea is delicious. I drink it lots. I'm not really a coffee fan, but I do drink it on occasion. Hot chocolate is hot, drinkable chocolate.. what's not to love!? My bed time drink, I have a nice big mug almost every night. Now it's getting towards christmas, I can add mulled wine to this list.
Edit: Not hot, but warm Ribena is lovely.

Zantos

Jan 5, 2011
Tea, stewed and probably with the bag still in it. A dash of milk. No sugar. And it should be a brand of tea from Yorkshire. I'm not saying it has to be Yorkshire Tea specifically, but anything from the up north area.

inFAMOUSCowZ

Jul 12, 2010
I can drink only one hot drink. Hot chocolate, and I can drink that thing whenever I can, fucking delicious.

Burs

Jan 28, 2011
Zantos said:
Tea, stewed and probably with the bag still in it. A dash of milk. No sugar. And it should be a brand of tea from Yorkshire. I'm not saying it has to be Yorkshire Tea specifically, but anything from the up north area.
Drunk from the saucer and not the cup as well im guessing?