How and when did you discover the Escapist?

Aerosteam

Get out while you still can
Sep 22, 2011
In no way am I advertising these other sites in anyway, You can go check them out but I haven't visited them myself for a while now.

Started at Stickpage.com, a website a friend of mine told me to check out.
Get bored with the website, clicked on an ad which took me to Flashportal.com.
Came across a flash animation series called 'Unforgotten Realms'.
Enjoyed watching the 8 episodes, wondered why there was no 9 though. Waited till Friday despite a new episode was said to be out then.
There was a web address to the official site for UR in the description of the episodes, Urealms.com. I thought the new episodes were there.
It turns out the entire series was remade even better and the episode 9 for the older version was never made.
Found episode one of the new version and when I clicked on it I was taken to the Escapist...

So that's my story on discovering the Escapist. How about you?

I know my account age may not show it, but I have been visiting the Escapist at least every 3 days for 3 years now!

---

On a completely unrelated note, here are 5 people who have made a thread on the same thing, at the same time...

Holy shit the Escapist has changed looks!
Wolfram01
13 Dec 2011 8:16 pm

Poll: New Escapist look?
OniaPL

I refresh the page and suddenly the site's been totally restructured
Freaky Lou

So...site looks different.
anthony87
13 Dec 2011 8:15 pm

New Forum Layout?
NameIsRobertPaulson
13 Dec 2011 8:15 pm

Yes all of them were about the new Escapist layout. (the times shown was GMT time)
I don't think these are all of them, but they were all adjacent and it looked kind of funny.

TheYellowCellPhone

Sep 26, 2009
I first discovered ZP around March of '09 on YouTube, but I didn't go on the Escapist after I found he moved there. It wasn't until the summer that a few pals were watching the video on their phone, so I decided to catch up on it. Then I made an account sometime in September.

lRookiel

Lord of Infinite Grins
Jun 30, 2011
I discovered the escapist when an episode of Doraleous and associates was placed on the front page of newgrounds. there was a link to the escapist so I followed it to watch the rest of the series, then I found ZP and the Jimquisition, followed by my forum account being created on June 30th.

So yeah, thats my story and I'm very glad I found the escapist :)

Jonluw

May 23, 2010
Back when Halo 3 came out, this gaming website I used to hang out at - spill.no - linked to the Zero punctuation review.
I lurked from ca. 2007 'till my join date. The rest is history.

MisterGobbles

Nov 30, 2009
My friend showed me a ZP back when it first came out, and I started watching them regularly. Eventually I checked out the rest of this site. Turned out this is a pretty awesome place. So here I am.

Drave

Dec 17, 2011
I found yahtzee on youtube then he got bought by the escapist simple really

Hazy992

Why does this place still exist
Aug 1, 2010
Sometime in 2009 I think. One of my freinds told me to watch Zero Punctuation and as they say, the rest is history.

Nouw

Mar 18, 2009
MARCH MAYHEM!!!! FANBOY RAAAAR!!!
I came from the Dawn of War 2 Community. One fateful afternoon, they gave me a link to here on the front page. This is now my internet home.

Firoth

Jul 14, 2010
Well, it was sometime before my join date of July 14, 2010. I was googling for gameplay footage of Devil May Cry 4, and found the ZP review episode. All I did on the site for a few months was watch ZP. It wasn't until I saw a forum topic that JUST HAD TO comment on, that I made an account.

Jak23

Oct 1, 2010
Extra Credits, I watched them on Youtube then they moved here.
I thought it was a cool site so I joined.

Zen Toombs

Nov 7, 2011
Zero Punctuation. I watched him on Youtube and then he moved here. I followed, and recently joined the forums for fun and profit.

[sup]Alt Text: What do you want me to do? LEAVE? Then they'll keep being wrong![/sup]

217not237

Nov 9, 2011
A friend showed me Zero Punctuation about 2 months ago. I used to just watch that, but then I started watching Unskippable, Escape to the Movies, and everything else good.

Ninonybox_v1legacy

Apr 2, 2008
I watched Zero Punctuation on X-play when they showed part of his Console Rundown video. They said where to find him and I came here.

Krion_Vark

Mar 25, 2010
March Mayhem 2010. When I still played Zynga games on facebook they linked to try and win it. Have been here every day since. I have also stopped playing Zynga games for the most part lol.

Mar 30, 2010
Must ... resist ... urge ... to ... post ... snarky ... comment!

All these threads turn out the same, fella. 90% of people arrive here thanks to Yahtzee and stay for the forums.

Sorry, that sounded cynical.

Actually it sounded accurate, but it read as cynical.

Phlakes

Elite Member
Mar 25, 2010
...Yeah, it was ZP. A while ago, then I lurked for a bit and watched some Unskippable and Escape to the Movies, and eventually made an account.

Krion_Vark said:
And we joined on the same day. Interesting.

Dethenger

Jul 27, 2011
My brother showed me ZP a long time ago, and I loved it, but I didn't really give it much thought until, a year or two later (earlier this summer), I was bored and had nothing to do. I remembered ZP, and spent the next hour or so watching whatever episodes intrigued me. Then, whenever I found myself with nothing to do, I'd browse ZP. I watched MovieBob's review of Captain America because I had just seen the movie myself. I liked it, and I liked the Big Picture as well. I eventually noticed the Recent Activity window, lurked on the forums for about a month, then eventually made an account.