How and when did you discover the Escapist?

nameless023

Fancy Forum Title Goes Here
Nov 11, 2011
I think I was youTubing something, or found a link somewhere... I don't remember correctly, but what I do remember is that the first contact I had was with the Minecraft review on Zero Punctuation. I liked it, so I kept watching reviews on youtube for a few months (maybe 2 or 3, I was watching the reviews I liked over and over again). Then I saw this comment on youtube that said something about the videos on youtube being like 3 months old compared to the stuff on this site, so I came here and kept watching ZP and now I'm hooked.

Now I just need to stop lurking around and post on the forums more often :p

Redlin5_v1legacy

Better Red than Dead
Aug 5, 2009
A close RL friend of mine introduced me to Yahtzee while he was still on Youtube. When the Escapist hired him on, I followed him every week. It was rather stupid of me to wait until 2009 to start my forum life but whatever...

Hitokiri_Gensai

Jul 17, 2010
A friend of mine sent me a link to a ZP video a while ago, and i was hooked. I watched them ever since (it was the Sim City Society episode).

klaynexas3

My shoes hurt
Dec 30, 2009
unforgotten realms came here, so did i. but it was a little after that that i actually joined

manaman

Sep 2, 2007
It was a long time ago, I don't really remember. I found it again after watching a Yahtzee video on YouTube and seeing his video about being picked up by The Escapist. Not long after I made an account.

JasonKaotic

Mar 18, 2009
Three or four years ago, an old WoW guildmate showed us Zero Punctuation on the guild forums. At first I just watched those, eventually made an account, eventually lurked the forums, eventually started posting.

Reaper195

Jul 5, 2009
08. A mate on a forum sent me a link to his Halo 3 review. Was a loyal fan for a year or two, then got tired of him. Then he stopped being funny and got angry at games instead. Now.....I'm not so sure.

witheringsanity

Aug 25, 2009
looking for a medal of honor airborne review on youtube, way back in 2007. saw yahtzees ridiculous video, found his website, watched all he had up there, then followed the link to escapist. that was pretty much all i did on this site (and unforgotten realms) till they had that video contest and unskippable was born. lurked for who knows how long, then actually started reading forum posts. eventually joined so i could post as well.

Canadamus Prime

Robot in Disguise
Jun 17, 2009
I first discovered it back in '09 or so when someone on another forum that I don't visit anymore made a thread about Unskippable.

ThisJustin

Mar 17, 2011
I'm pretty sure it was Stumbleupon that brought me here to an ep. of ZP. I kept returning to watch that and Extra Credits. I soon became a fan of Movie Bobs' and many other series. I watched for a year and half before joining and only began going on the forums about two months ago.

Trippy Turtle

Elite Member
May 10, 2010
A few years ago my older cousin showed me ZP. I forgot about it and then 2 years or so later I was bored and remembered it. I Googled something along the lines of "No Punctuation" and it bought me here. Still have no idea what his account name is.

NerfedFalcon

Level i Flare!
Mar 23, 2011
Late 2010. Zero Punctuation through word of mouth, or a random Google search, I don't remember. Stuck around for Extra Credits and lurking on random topics, which then became posting on random topics, and everything snowballed from there. I still remember being able to see the seven most recently commented-on topics, although it was in smaller, elderly-unfriendly print...

Stalk3rchief

Sep 10, 2008
I try to separate myself from the fan-boys clamoring to grab Yahtzee's cock, but a friend showed me his first review ever on youtube (Fable I think it was) and liked him. When he moved here after only one more episode it only made sense to follow him. It was probably years before I actually made an account here, and that was only because I saw a forum heading on the side that interested me.

Duruznik

Aug 16, 2009
Through- wouldn't you know it- Zero Punctuation. Back when I used to play Runescape a lot, one of the admins on the Runescape Wiki linked to a ZP video, calling it "The funnyiest thing since last Tuesday." I checked it out, and was hooked. Soon afterwards I found out this place had forums, and the rest is history.

GartarkMusik

Jan 24, 2011
A friend of mine introduced me to ZP last year around this time, I absolutely loved (and still love) his reviews. I then decided to join cause of the intelligent forum topics (mostly) and awesome other shows. :)

The .50 Caliber Cow

Pokemon GO away
Mar 12, 2011
Somewhere the friend who told me this place was great is around here. To be a douche he refused/refuses to tell me who he is here though he claims to be a prominent poster. In anycase, I came here because of him and I don't mind it here.

It certainly isn't the "heaven on internet" certain fools of this site keep purporting it to be.

TakeyB0y2

A Mistake
Jun 24, 2011
Not long after Halo 3 came out I'm guessing. I used to frequent a Maplestory website called Basilmarket and someone made a thread linking to the Halo 3 Zero Punctuation review.

... Er, and that's about it really :S

Right Hook

May 29, 2011
Found Zero Punctuation through YouTube, started watching him on the Escapist, eventually created my account in case I wanted to comment on ZP or Extra Credits.

Weirdly when I logged into my account today, something was wrong with it and it told me I had joined the Escapist in 1969, I'm pretty sure that is wrong...