How are you finding Nioh's PC port?

Alma Mare

Nov 14, 2010
I want to get it, but the port is not getting the greatest reception, but those most vocal are the ones who can't crank it to hell and back. Guys with Titans and 1080s trying to do 4k. With my i5 (forgot exact model), Saphire HD5570 and 16Gb of ram I was able to run Dark Souls 3, Witcher 3 and Nier: Automata fairly well on modest settings. Is Nioh demanding much more than these?

Rip Van Rabbit

~ UNLIMITED RULEBOOK ~
Apr 17, 2012
I can't say anything about performance. But what's bugging me is that the PC port was created...with no mouse support.
This would be barely tolerable if the game had fixed camera angles like the atrocious Devil May Cry 3 port, way back when I had more patience, you could muscle through it and adapt.

But the only way to get M+KB working is to emulate a controller via a third-party program.

Was it developed for consoles, with the controller control scheme in mind? Yes. Is a controller recommended? Yes. Should I have to abandon the native control scheme on my platform of choice? Fuck that.

I can play Dark Souls just fine, no hassles, multiple playthroughs. Even the first one after the DSFix was applied. K+M works perfectly.
So unless the modding community releases some NiohFix/Nier's FAR mod equivalent or this gets patched. Highly unlikely if Nier: Abandonment was anything to go by.

I do hope it gets fixed or a more efficient solution arrives. I adore the hack & slash genre, I would really like to try this out one day.

CritialGaming

Mar 25, 2015
Looks great and runs great on my PC. I fucking love this game and I love it on PC.

The port itself is weird and things are set up really stupidly. But it's nothing major and easily fixed in a minute's worth of time. No big deal.