How are you guys for getting up in the morning?

Tiger King

Legacy
Oct 23, 2010
Country
USA
good to see im not the only one :p

funny thing though, whenever its my day off from work i wake up early and feel fine. perhaps its a psychological thing?
also the worst times ive experienced is when ive woken up too early say 5 or 6ish and i go back to sleep for an hour i'll then have a really vivid dream before waking up to my alarm feeling utterly awfull.

it is quite funny, i dunno why we do it because 5 minutes extra really makes no difference at all.

Longstreet

Jun 16, 2012
If i can help it, not.

Seriously, if i got nothing to do that day, i probably wont get out before noon.

On days i have to go to school though, my dad usually wakes me up. Partially because he knows me well enough to know that if i used an alarm clock, i would either sleep through it, or turn in of and then go back to sleep.

After i finally gotten out of bed though, i get dressed and my first stop is a cop of coffee. I am not a very happy person if i don't get my morning coffee.

Then it's off to class.

Oh, and escapist magazine site bosses, how are those mastercard payment working out for you? If you don't get paid, work something out, Every. Single. captcha i gotta fill in these days is a mastercard commercial.

Reyold

Jun 18, 2012
Amethyst Wind said:
With an alarm? Terrible.

Waking up naturally? Great.
This is basically me. I usually have to get up at around 6:30 in the morning. Waking naturally, depending on how much sleep, I may wake up around seven or so.

jklinders

Sep 21, 2010
I have mild insomnia so waking is pretty easy. Functioning is a completely different thing. Lots of caffeine are a part of my morning every day. But I'm typically awake before my alarm and only linger in bed because my partner is terrible at getting out of it.

viranimus

Thread killer
Nov 20, 2009
Drugs... lots and lots of drugs.

Honestly though, I gave up trying. I find its easier just to stay up till exhaustion and cat nap when I can and on those times when I have no comittments, Pull a mad Stan and work off sleep debt in 24-36+ hour binge coma.

immortalfrieza

Elite Member
Legacy
May 12, 2011
Country
USA
I can't wake up without an alarm clock unless I get about 10 hours of sleep, and if I end up having to get up earlier with an alarm clock it takes about a half an hour after the time I've set it for me to be conscious enough to even realize I've been snoozing the thing, and if I do wake up eariler than 10 hours of sleep I feel tired all day long. Regardless, once I'm actually awake nothing can get me back to sleep for at least another 8 hours.

Sherokain

Jan 11, 2013
Genuinely awful, for instance this morning my phone crashed,(which is my alarm) and i was an hour and a half late for work,.Traditional alarms simply wont wake me up and about the only alarm which will actually wake me i could find is loaded into my phone, long story short i got yelled at today. :(

Asuka Soryu

Jun 11, 2010
As long as I hit bed around 12-1am, I can wake up around 6-7am. If I got at 10, I wake up at 5 and if I got at 9...T_T

Magnakai

Apr 11, 2013
I set two alarms on my phone. One for when I want to get up and another for when NEED to get up. I usually get up at first one and head straight to the shower. Sometimes if I feel like I need a bit more rest I turn the first off and get an extra 15 mins. My dog sometimes wakes me up earlier to go out but typically is still passed out when I get out of the shower. I nearly always grab a Pepsi Max on my way out the door and drink it on my way into work.

MiskWisk

Mar 17, 2012
RedDeadFred said:
6:00am with an alarm. I have the alarm clock on the other side of my room so I have to get up to turn it off. Forces me to be up and awake right away.
Ah, nice to see someone else do the same thing I do.

Also, I can not handle nights anyway, getting tired really early anyway, but in mornings I am perfectly fine.

KeyMaster45

Gone Gonzo
Jun 16, 2008
What is this "morning" you speak of? I only know of the afternoon, evening, and "Damn, are you still awake?"

Mordekaien

Sep 3, 2010
I am usually up around 6:00/7:00 AM, without alarm clocks. I handle early morning pretty well, but I need a while to actually sit up and stretch myself, since I suffer from a pinched nerve in lower back, and sometimes the pain is pretty terrible. Other than that, no problems for me.

Muspelheim

Apr 7, 2011
Well, I do get myself up if I have to. But I have to pretend I'm an airforce pilot being scrambled to intercept a devastating bombing. Believe me, some pretend work wonders.

I need coffee, however. Or I'll be about as useful as a stuffed sloaf encased in concrete. If you take away my caffeine, you also take away my undeath anti-venom.

DementedSheep

Jan 8, 2010
I wake up about 6am naturally and I rarely need to wake up earlier than that. If I do then yeah, I'm pretty terrible.

Wolf In A Bear Suit

Jun 2, 2012
Getting up is the second hardest thing in the morning. I'm good at it on weekends, I'll get up whenever no matter how late I was watching por- I mean Netflix. Weekdays though when I have to go to school I won't get up until I'm told to even if I've been up for ages.

SonicKaos

Jan 21, 2011
I'm great at being up in the morning. You know... from 12am til about 3 or 4.

If you mean those times where normal people are awake, then no. Morning starts around 12pm or so. Because hey, breakfast is whenever you eat your first meal, and breakfast is a "morning" thing.

Getting out of bed is probably the hardest thing to do in life.

synobal

Jun 8, 2011
I don't do alarms, I've trained my body over the years to wake up at roughly the same time each day. I did this primarily because Alarms give me a headache, being suddenly jolted out of sleep instantly gives me a headache it seems like.

So I wake up at about 8 am each day I don't have any issues getting up or getting out of bed. Keeping a regular sleep schedule helps this tremendously. The only thing that ruins it for about a week each year is daylight savings time. Which is the main reason why I loathe it.

When I use to have an alarm I hated it so much that my body would wake me up 10 minutes before the alarm went off just to avoid being woken up by the damn thing. I really really hate alarms but they've always been able to wake me up I just loathe them.

RustlessPotato

Aug 17, 2009
Depends. If I'm with my girlfriend, I know I'll get up so I can wake her up. A bomb could explode next to her and she would still sleep through it :p. When she's not there, I have a pretty hard time. Especially on sundays, I just don't care about getting up early :D

Mr.Squishy

Apr 14, 2009
Terrible, but if I have to, I'll pull myself out of bed and get awake by sheer willpower. Said willpower evaporates on weekends and holidays.

The Artificially Prolonged

Random Semi-Frequent Poster
Jul 15, 2008
Used to be able to get up at six in the morning without the need of an alarm, however several years of working evenings made it hard for to get up before eleven.

Though now I do get up between 6-7 though I need the help of 3 or alarms to do that.